Thread: Hello!

Spyderco Forum Registered User

Hello!

I've been lurking for about a year, finally joined the forums this morning. I have been an on off knife enthusiast for most of my life. Different brands litter my meager collection, but I have noticed a trend that spyderco knives have started to multiply. I am a user and won't purchase a safe queen. Spyderco is the best company, I've found, that blends aesthetics with high performance seamlessly. I have learned a wealth of information while perusing the forums. There are some VERY bright people on here! I purchased a sharpmaker a year ago due to the positive reviews read on here and can say that it has been the single best purchase I've ever made regarding knives. It did not take a lot of practice to put incredibly sharp edges on all of my knives. I also am very impressed by the owner, Mr. Sal Glesser's presence on here. Shows a lot when the owner of the company cares enough about his business to personally address questions and concerns over his products. The company, though enormously popular, still has that small family business feel. I love it. Keep up the good work! Look forward to many more informative hours broadening my knowledge of spyderco knives!

Spyderco Forum Registered User All-R-Crazy's Avatar
    Welcome to the forums
    delica ffg,endura ffg,pm2 black/black,delica sb,caly3.5 g10,caly3 sb,S90V military

Quote Originally Posted by JAfromMN
    My favorite Spyderco is the one that I used the most Today

Spyderco Forum Registered User dbcad's Avatar
    Welcome Paddy This is a good place What 's do you own?
    Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"

Welcome Paddy! You're gonna love being part of the family!
    Owned : Broken tip ZDP-189 Endura, Mule Team 18, Mr Itou R2 180mm Gyoto, Super Blue Stretch, Super Blue Ladybug
    In the wish list model list: Southard, *Yuna Qi 4.1 in K390*, ZDP-189 Ladybug, Chaparral, any AEB-L Sal would make into a folder!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    Welcome to the forums! Enjoy your stay here
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Manix 2 LW, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

So far, I have a blue and a green frn delica 4, stainless delica 4 I had engraved, DLC para 2, g-10 manix 2 hollow grind, and orange endura 4. Seriously want a GB next. Only thing holding me back is worries of rust or corrosion. That said, I'm sure it'll be next because it's so highly recommended. Looks like a good user blade.

Spyderco Forum Registered User SpyderNut's Avatar
    Welcome aboard, Paddy! This forum is very much like a large family: we may razz each other from time-to-time, but we've always got each others' back when all is said and done. Hope to see you around!
    Michael

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Spyderco Forum Registered User jmh58's Avatar
    Welcome!! Have fun!! GREAT people and info to be found here!! John
    A great rabbit chase ends with a.. BANG!!!

Never too old to relive your youth!!

Life is to short to carry a cheap knife!!!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Clip's Avatar
    Welcome to the forums!
    Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly3, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, M390 Para2, Cruwear MT12, Techno, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, Manix2 Ltwt, Salt I, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Forum Native5, Squeak, Manix 83mm, 440V Military, Gayle Bradley, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, Cruwear Military, VG10 Jester, Terzuola SlipIt, XHP Native Ltwt, Domino, CPM154/S90V Para2, SB Stretch, D2 Para, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris

Spyderco Forum Registered User Blerv's Avatar
    Welcome to the forums!
    Blake

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    Welcome to the forums. Please enjoy your stay.

Do you have any tips for places to go the next time I'm in Vegas?
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker. Waiting on a Squeak, Pingo, and Cliptools with a Split Spring!
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

Spyderco Forum Registered User ChapmanPreferred's Avatar
    Excellent first post. Welcome to the visible side of the Spyderco forums!
    SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
    Work EDC List
    FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
    FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
    BRP: CF Military S90V
    BLP: Forum S110V Native

Spyderco Forum Registered User opusxpn's Avatar
    Welcome and enjoy the greatest knife company
    Keep 'em sharp 9 Enduras, 4 Manix, 3 Delicas, 5 Ladybug, 2 Manbug, 3 Dragonfly, Pingo, Cat, 3 Salt1, Pacific salt, Tasman, 2 stretch, 2 Tenacious, Resiliance, Robyn2 G10, 3 Paramilitary2, Military, Kiwi, MT19, k04 SE & PE

Hi Paddy,

Thanx much for the kind words and welcome to our forum.

sal

BUy the Bradley Folder friend, corrosion will be fine in Vegas...purchase a tuf clothe if your worried...

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    Welcome to the forums. Please enjoy your stay.

Do you have any tips for places to go the next time I'm in Vegas?
    I guess if you're into gambling or shows, the strip is the place to be. When you live here, the city doesn't have the "wow" factor. In addition, I work on the strip, so I am loathe to go back there on the weekends. That being said, we do have a lot of great shows and residencies in town. Tim mc graw & faith hill, Celine dion, Elton John, Donny & Marie, too name a few. The cirque du soleil shows at the various properties never disappoint. I'm working on a remodel now named the Cromwell that opens in a month that has, in my opinion, the best day&nightclub on the strip. Pool is on the roof, location and view are perfect for watching bellagio fountains or New Year's Eve fireworks. There also are so e cool things to see or do if you're more the outdoorsy type (as I am). No trip is complete without going out to Hoover dam. Take the tour. It's worth it. Red rock canyon has excellent hiking opportunities, beautiful red sandstone formations. Not pleasant in summertime though. Mt charleston has beautiful wooded mountains, excellent hiking and camping opportunities, and lodge at the top with cabins for rent. The hotel 3/4 of the way up has modern lodging and great food. Really nice drive that I take often when I wanna get out of the heat. Valley of fire is another must see. Like red rock I recommend it for every season except summer. Summer here is like winter in anchorage. It lasts forever, and you never feel comfortable. At least I don't. Honestly, the summers are the worst part of living here, in my opinion.

Welcome to the forum!