Thread: Three edges in one tool.

Spyderco Forum Registered User

Three edges in one tool.

I came home today to find this waiting for me on the porch. I can't decide whether to use it or hang it on the wall for a decoration.

Spyderco Forum Registered User 78lilred's Avatar
    That's pretty interesting, how's the weight and swing?
    M390 Para2, CTS-XHP Para2, CTS-204P Para2, Gayle Bradley, Techno, Bob T Slipit, M390 Mule, Southard, Southfork, Air, Tuff, ZDP Caly 3.5.

It feels a little heavier than other pulaskis that I've used, but the spec sheet doesn't list a weight. The swing is good but I haven't really put it to any hard use. If you're using the ax, then it does take some time to get use to the top heavy feeling created by grubbing end. I am very impressed with the craftsmanship of this tool and it is 100% American made.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Jazz's Avatar
    Cool. What are the uses of the other two edges?
    - best wishes, Jazz.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Cool. What are the uses of the other two edges?
    +1
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

The pulaski is a tool that was mainly developed for fighting wilderness fires. The ax end is for cutting woody debris and the adze end is for loosening and digging dirt for firebreaks. The pulaski is also used for building and maintain hiking trails, which is where I became familiar with it. The third edge, located under the adze portion, is what makes this pulaski unique. It is intended to help cut through roots as your digging with the adze. I haven't tested it yet so I don't know if it really gives you an advantage, but it sure looks cool.