Thread: Why settle?

Spyderco Forum Registered User

Why settle?

Spyderco Forum Registered User 78lilred's Avatar
    Very nice, makes me jealous.
    M390 Para2, CTS-XHP Para2, CTS-204P Para2, Gayle Bradley, Techno, Bob T Slipit, M390 Mule, Southard, Southfork, Air, Tuff, ZDP Caly 3.5.

Good with the IPA

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Why settle indeed. A fine looking plate of food, choice of beverage and culinary deployment. Mad Rookie would be proud. I love food and knife pics.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User gull wing's Avatar
    "ipa" ???
    Waiting for....Calypso Jr.,

SCARAMOUCHE!

"IPA" = India Pale Ale

Lots of hops and plenty of flavor. I really like the IPAs and the American red ales. I'm drinking a Pike Kilt Lifter right now. Ruby ale brewed in Seattle, yum.

Spyderco Forum Registered User SpyderNut's Avatar
    Lol. I thought this WAS Rookie's thread at first. Nicely done, remnar. Looks delicious!
    Michael

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderNut View Post
    Lol. I thought this WAS Rookie's thread at first. Nicely done, remnar. Looks delicious!
    Rookie has given me inspiration. Unfortunately, I just don't have the time to put together a meal like this more often.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    very jealous, making me hungary
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User gull wing's Avatar
    Thanks!
    I like India Pale Ales.
    I also enjoyed some really great beers in Seattle, my son lives there.
    He introduced me to Red Hook ESB, not for the faint of heart.
    Waiting for....Calypso Jr.,

SCARAMOUCHE!

Spyderco Forum Registered User kbuzbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gull wing View Post
    I like India Pale Ales.
    I tried to. Sampled maybe a dozen. Never found one I cared for. My favorite domestic beer is a local seasonal, Great Lakes Brewing Oktoberfest. Very full bodied. Other than that I'll usually take a stout. Guinness, or better yet Left Hand Brewing Milk Stout. Great stuff.

Great pics though!

Ken
    玉鋼

Not to crash the thread guys, but the wife has promised me a great birthday present. I get to plan my own VA Craft Brewery tour weekend. This is going to be good!

Ken, I am with you somewhat on the IPAs. I have only had a few that were enjoyable for me. I prefer Dubbel, Stout or Porter styles the most.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Quote Originally Posted by xceptnl View Post
    Not to crash the thread guys, but the wife has promised me a great birthday present. I get to plan my own VA Craft Brewery tour weekend. This is going to be good!

Ken, I am with you somewhat on the IPAs. I have only had a few that were enjoyable for me. I prefer Dubbel, Stout or Porter styles the most.
    xceptnl,

That sounds like a great birthday. My wife and I toured the Redhook brewery many years ago when they were getting started. The best part was that my wife doesn't drink so I got double the samples.

My tastes in beer have definitely changed over the years and I do enjoy a good stout, but I find them a little heavy. The crispness of the IPA seems to be a little more refreshing and is my current favorite style. It's great that we have so many small breweries these days providing us with so many choices to meet everybody's tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by remnar View Post
    xceptnl,

That sounds like a great birthday. My wife and I toured the Redhook brewery many years ago when they were getting started. The best part was that my wife doesn't drink so I got double the samples.

My tastes in beer have definitely changed over the years and I do enjoy a good stout, but I find them a little heavy. The crispness of the IPA seems to be a little more refreshing and is my current favorite style. It's great that we have so many small breweries these days providing us with so many choices to meet everybody's tastes.
    To each their own taste. I prefer a summer ale or winter lager for crisp flavors. I am in luck, because my wife also is not a beer drinker. BTW, your meal makes my mouth water each time I come back to this thread.
    My 's:

*Landon*