Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this the S110V lightweight Manix 2?

Spyderco Forum Registered User opusxpn's Avatar
    I really like FRN spydercos, I like G10 but somehow I do prefer FRN. That manix looks awesome in that color it is a mix of midnight and navy blue, great color. Just by the pictures I can tell the feel is different. I hope I get mine soon, I do believe it is a regular production knife but I bet they will change the steel after a while like they did on the first manix2 from 154 to s30v, nothing wrong with change but I am glad I am getting the s110V.
    Keep 'em sharpEndura4 (blk all edges, brwn, FG, SB, RG ZDP, blk tac, wave) Salt1 (blk, yllw PE H1)Tasman(yllw SE H1) Pacific salt(blk SE H1) Stretch(ZDP, SB) Delica4(blk CE, wave, SB) Drgfly2(yllw SE H1, org PE,SB PE) Pingo(blk) Cat G10(blk) Centofante3 Ldybg3(FG,SB,Hwk yllw H1, tan H1, blk) Manbug (blk SE, SB) Manix2(Ltw trans blue PE, G10 PE, Ltw dark blue frn) Para2(dig/satin, blk/satin) Military(Cru-Wear) Resilience, Tenacious(blk CE,grn PE), K04 Blk PE, K04 Blue SE, Byrd Robin2 G10

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    I know most people love the lightweight handle, but I wonder who will be the first to swap the S110V blade into a G10 handle? The thought has already crossed my mind several times.

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil D View Post
    I know most people love the lightweight handle, but I wonder who will be the first to swap the S110V blade into a G10 handle? The thought has already crossed my mind several times.
    I am curious as well.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by JNewell View Post
    I have mixed feelings about that situation. Pre-orders are convenient, but you're right that when they don't come through you have wasted a lot of time sitting on your hands when you could have bought the knife from another dealer. I think most other dealers have slowed down or stopped taking pre-orders due to the disappointments that seem to be inherent in the process...
    If I really want a knife I like to pre-order, then try to snag one from other dealers that don't take pre-orders, while waiting on the pre-order. If I luck up and get one, I can just cancel the pre-order or get two if I decide I'm that crazy about the knife. I've even asked people if they would mind if I decided to cancel the pre-order later and had them say, "Heck no, we know we won't have any trouble selling all of these." Worse case scenario, the pre-order ships as you're buying the other one and you get two when you don't want two. But that can be prevented just by telling the pre-order store to call before they ship. Lots of people do that to make sure they have funds positioned... I know you already know all this better than I do, I'm just spelling it out for the benefit of other people who may not have thought of it... I don't think I could stand to just make a pre-order, then sit on my hands and hope for the best. I know of at least one case where no attempt was made to ship in the order in which the orders were placed; I ordered late (even after the orders were closed) and got a knife and others ordered early and didn't. I suspect some stores just don't have the manpower to juggle phone orders, internet orders, etc, with reference to which came in first. I'm sure it's not even possible in the first rush of a sprint run sale.
    MY SPYDIE LIST (on profile page)
    Want List: New Stretch prototype Coyote G-10 slab/ZDP test sprint!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintlyBrees View Post
    @Cameron & timlara

Wow. Beautiful pictures. Thanks for posting them.
    +1 , and especially for showing the weight comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Now with Sage deep pocket wire clips installed.

I'm glad this one is going to be regular production instead of a sprint, because I've blown out my knife budget with about one per week for the last three weeks / , one of them a Manix already... but I've got a birthday coming up in a month or two...

But I want to go ahead and order a couple of deep carry clips. My question is, do the Caly and Sage have the same clip (don't have a sage)? And if one is longer... which one is it, and do I want the long one or the short one

Spyderco Forum Registered User nccole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DougC-3 View Post
    I'm glad this one is going to be regular production instead of a sprint, because I've blown out my knife budget with about one per week for the last three weeks / , one of them a Manix already... but I've got a birthday coming up in a month or two...

But I want to go ahead and order a couple of deep carry clips. My question is, do the Caly and Sage have the same clip (don't have a sage)? And if one is longer... which one is it, and do I want the long one or the short one
    Those pictures show the Sage clip, and the Calys are the same. Don't get a shorty like a Dragonfly. You will want the clip to only contact the smooth logo, otherwise it will shred your pants.

I too, am glad that this is going to be a regular production knife.

I don't really follow the super steels that much.

But I will get one of these because of the price range.

It is too good of a deal to pass up.
    My favorite Spyderco knives include: Caly 3.5, Chaparral, Delica 4 FFG, Stretch, Para-Military 2, Endura 4 FFG, Manix 2 & Manix 2 XL!

TANSTAAFL

Quote Originally Posted by nccole View Post
    Those pictures show the Sage clip, and the Calys are the same. Don't get a shorty like a Dragonfly. You will want the clip to only contact the smooth logo, otherwise it will shred your pants.
    Thanks for the tip. I had considered trying a short one to see if it would be more comfortable in the palm when using the knife, but these wire clips aren't really very noticeable in the palm anyway.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Cameron's Avatar
    Tying to show you guys the colour...

Assist VG-10 Dodo CPM S30V Endura4 VG-10 Manix2 CTS: XHP, BD1 - CPM: M4, S110V, S30V Manix2 XL CPM S30V Native CPM S30V
    Para-Military2 CTS 204P - CPM S30V Tasman Salt H1 Temperance2 VG-10 Yojimbo CPM S30V Yojimbo2 CPM S30V

Spyderco Forum Registered User WireEdge Roger's Avatar
    Nice! I'm living vicariously until mine arrives

Looks about like the same color as the ZDP Stretch.

~David

Spyderco Forum Registered User 3rdGenRigger's Avatar
    This gives me an excuse to really put my black Manix2 LW to some more serious testing, as I'll have a new preferred Manix2 LW to carry for most things. I've mentioned the story of my FRN Native shrugging off a 275 foot fall on here a couple times...and I've been toying with the idea of a repeat (Except this time intentionally, and on video). I might just have to chuck my black Manix2 LW and newly acquired SE Dragonfly Salt off a tower to satisfy my own curiosity, and doubtlessly the amusement of anyone who watches the video lol. They'll be closed and most likely will hit either gravel or hayfield, but it should still be entertaining. If I can make it happen I will.
    Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), "Mystery Spydie (To be revealed)"

-> Branden

Spyderco Forum Registered User hawaiihunter's Avatar
    Is this a sprint run?
    Looking for: Grey Cts-20cp Paramilitary 2
    Green Cts-204p Paramilitary 2
    S110v Mule

Currently own: Tenacious, Green Cts-204P Paramiitary 2

Spyderco Forum Registered User senorsquare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiihunter View Post
    Is this a sprint run?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by TazKristi View Post
    It is... C101PDBL2 Manix2 - MSRP $179.95 - Dark Blue FRN - CPM S110V Steel - Stock item (not exclusive or sprint).

PlainEdge only at this time.

Kristi

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiihunter View Post
    Is this a sprint run?
    No
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Anyone see a street price on these yet?

~David

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    Looks about like the same color as the ZDP Stretch.
    I would say they are darker than the Blue ZDP Stretch.

Anyone see a street price on these yet?
    Howes: $107.97
    National: $101.99
    New Graham: $107.94
    GP Knives: $107.95
    BladeHQ: $109.95
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker.
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

Spyderco Forum Registered User TSchloz's Avatar
    KW has them up for pre-order this morning.

Tom

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TSchloz View Post
    KW has them up for pre-order this morning.

Tom
    Thanks for the notice. I placed a pre-order with them.

I might try to swap some titanium scales onto one.
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker.
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site