Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this the S110V lightweight Manix 2?

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    I saw an in the wild picture. It is an adjustable pivot. I would be curious about the pivot hole diameter in the blade vs. the G-10 models.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User dgebler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xceptnl View Post
    I saw an in the wild picture. It is an adjustable pivot. I would be curious about the pivot hole diameter in the blade vs. the G-10 models.
    Can you say where, or re-post the image here. I can't wait!

Also, when you say you will fix the clip, will you just swap with another you have or can these be bent carefully into the deep carry configuration?

Spyderco Forum Registered User senorsquare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dgebler View Post

Also, when you say you will fix the clip, will you just swap with another you have or can these be bent carefully into the deep carry configuration?
    I have an extra Techno clip I plan to use on mine.

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dgebler View Post

I will continue to look for the picture I saw. Can't remember if it was here or BF or USN or JD, but I saw it late last night.

The clip I will just swap to a Caly style, but I am sure that with some heat and plier a homemade deep carry can be fashioned.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

There is nothing more important than this one day.

Spyderco Forum Registered User nccole's Avatar
    Is that an actual picture or a computer makeup pic?

Spyderco Forum Registered User WireEdge Roger's Avatar
    I hope the FRN is a darker shade of blue, that looks pretty close to the dedicated Super Blue line of blue/gray FRN
    Last edited by WireEdge Roger; 04-11-2014 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Spelling!

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    The real question is: With a Native and Manix version in s110v, can the ParaMilitary s110v be far behind?

GP has three available... and they actually have them. The picture is a real GP on bamboo pic and they are darker with an adjustable pivot.

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by nccole View Post
    GP has three available... and they actually have them. The picture is a real GP on bamboo pic and they are darker with an adjustable pivot.
    Good photo, nice color, pinned, adjustable pivot, OUT OF STOCK!!!!! (this is getting even older now)

Spyderco Forum Registered User PayneTrain's Avatar
    Thanks for the tip, I just preordered with GP. Now I can rest easy knowing one of these bad boys has my name on it. I wasn't sure I'd ever be sold on a Manix, but with blue FRN and S110V for $108, I can't say no to that.

Quote Originally Posted by bdblue View Post
    Good photo, nice color, pinned, adjustable pivot, OUT OF STOCK!!!!! (this is getting even older now)
    There will be more. This is a regular stock item, not a sprint or an exclusive. It seemed they didn't get that many right away. Get on their notify list for new Spyderco inventory.

Ok, I like that color, I guess it's what I expected when Sal mentioned midnight blue. I can't wait to get one, if I can find one! Geez!

Spyderco Forum Registered User SaintlyBrees's Avatar
    Got mine ordered. BHQ has them in stock. Not a pre-order, but actually in stock. [Edit: Sold out, now only available via pre-order]

Their pic shows the handle to be a little darker than other pics that I have seen [Edit: but similar to the pics on GPK that are referenced above]. Seems to me that BHQ & GPK are more likely showing the correct color. Can't wait to get it in! As much as I like my LW, this one really has me excited.

Last edited by SaintlyBrees; 04-11-2014 at 01:53 PM. Reason: see edits
    My Spydies:
    6 Manix 2 [blk/blk S30V, blk/blk XL, blue Sprint, blue LW, S110V LW, S90V CF XL]; 2 Delicas [VG10, Super Blue]; 4 Dragonflies [Tatoo, VG10, ZDP-189/Nishijin, Super Blue]; 4 Natives [S30V, Brn CTS-XHP, G10 S35N, Forum S110V]; 2 Chaparrals [Stepped Ti, CF]; 3 PM2s [blk/blk, blk/red Putnam, GRN CTS-204P sprint]; 1 CF bolt-action Sage; 1 Air; 1 Super Blue Manbug; 1 blk H1/blk frn Pacific Salt; 2 Stretch [Super Blue, ZDP-189]; 2 Enduras [VG10, blue jigged bone Damascus]

Same here, I'm pretty sure I snagged one from BHQ. Really looking forward to it.

Got shipping notice from GP! Quite possible I could have this thing tomorrow as GP is about 4 hours from me.

Spyderco Forum Registered User SaintlyBrees's Avatar
    Got shipping notice from GP! Quite possible I could have this thing tomorrow as GP is about 4 hours from me.
    Congrats! I selected slow, free shipping from BHQ, so I'll have to be patient.
    My Spydies:
    6 Manix 2 [blk/blk S30V, blk/blk XL, blue Sprint, blue LW, S110V LW, S90V CF XL]; 2 Delicas [VG10, Super Blue]; 4 Dragonflies [Tatoo, VG10, ZDP-189/Nishijin, Super Blue]; 4 Natives [S30V, Brn CTS-XHP, G10 S35N, Forum S110V]; 2 Chaparrals [Stepped Ti, CF]; 3 PM2s [blk/blk, blk/red Putnam, GRN CTS-204P sprint]; 1 CF bolt-action Sage; 1 Air; 1 Super Blue Manbug; 1 blk H1/blk frn Pacific Salt; 2 Stretch [Super Blue, ZDP-189]; 2 Enduras [VG10, blue jigged bone Damascus]

Spyderco Forum Registered User timlara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintlyBrees View Post
    ...Seems to me that BHQ & GPK are more likely showing the correct color.
    I stopped by the SFO this morning to check them out and I can confirm the color shown in the BHQ and GPK photos looks about right. The official Spyderco web catalog photo is much too light / greyish looking by comparison on my monitor.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    I just became super excited for this one when I saw the pic. Have to get one of these for sure.

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Spyderco Forum Registered User aquaman67's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by timlara View Post
    I stopped by the SFO this morning to check them out and I can confirm the color shown in the BHQ and GPK photos looks about right. The official Spyderco web catalog photo is much too light / greyish looking by comparison on my monitor.
    That's great. I like the darker color better. But I'd have taken either. It's good to get first hand info.

The newer pics posted look more inline with what I imagined it would be.

Congrats to those who snagged one. Take some pics when you get yours.