Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this the S110V lightweight Manix 2?

Spyderco Forum Registered User senorsquare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bdblue View Post
    I've checked CS every day, none in stock. Last night was probably the last time I checked.

I've checked KW every day, preorders only. Someone said they had some in stock, so I visited their website and it said preorder. I wondered if the website was wrong so this morning I emailed them and they emailed right back that they were still doing only preorders. Just checked and right now their site still says preorder.

I've dealt with KC before and I've reported several times on the bad treatment I've gotten from them so I ignore them now.

I've bought from HKS before, but haven't found one in stock there. Still out of stock as of right now.

What does that leave? BHQ- out of stock as of right now. Oh and NG- out of stock as of right now

Those are the 6 dealers I can think of off the top of my head.

My problem is that I have to work 8-5:30 or 8-6. Sometimes I have internet access at lunch, sometimes not. If a site gets 5 knives in stock in the morning and sells them out by the end of the day, I miss out. I can't give up a day's salary to sit home and watch the internet.
    Appears to be in stock at CS right now
    http://www.cutleryshoppe.com/spyderc...edgeblade.aspx

Spyderco Forum Registered User FCM415's Avatar
    ^
    Best price too (with free shipping code). Perfect for your schedule BDblue...So....Are you gonna buy one or what keep posting every couple of days that boohoo its so hard to get one.

It's causing quite a buzz and it is selling well off the gate a mere two weeks from release. If you really want one you can easily get one though. Should get even easier when the smoke settles.
    Upcoming: N5 CF/S110v, N5 LWT, DragonFly SB, Marcin Slysz Bowie, Farid Mehr K2, Peter Carey Rubicon, Gayle Bradley Fixed Blade, Phil Wilson Sprig, Mule Team 4V

(Some) Wishes: Native5 CHIEF, Sub 4 inch versions of the Mehr K2 and Carey Rubicon, More M4 and Use CPM-154!

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Dang, could've saved ~$4.00 on my order if I waited. Oh well, but mine should arrive tomorrow.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Spydersense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MachSchnell View Post
    Dang, could've saved ~$4.00 on my order if I waited. Oh well, but mine should arrive tomorrow.
    With a name like yours, how could you wait?

Mine will be here Thursday.
    Time for another !

-Matt

That is the best price I have seen so far!

They're still in stock at Cutlery Shoppe. I already have one but was just checking availability. Is a code required for free shipping & what is it?
    MY SPYDIE LIST (on profile page)
    Want List: New Stretch prototype Coyote G-10 slab/ZDP test sprint!

Yep code is:
    Nutnfancy

Quote Originally Posted by Evil D View Post
    I was playing with mine a minute ago and found I can unlock it with just my thumb. That's a first for me out of every M2 I've ever handled. I think a lot of it has to do with the extra traction the rest of my hand gets on the FRN.
    An old thumb injury (a couple of years ago I managed to poke a delica about 3/4" into the base of my thumb) coupled with a tight spring made it painful and difficult for me to disengage the lock on my S110V Manix, so I sold it off. It sucks because I really like this knife. I think the S110V Manix 2 LW is probably the best deal out there for a solid knife with a super premium steel. I'm kinda tempted to give it another shot because why not? Maybe I need to suck it up and deal with it.

Here's a gratuitous shot of the offending injury. 2 years later and it still hurts like hell if I do too much with it. The doc told me I came really close to severing a nerve and that I'm super lucky that I can still move my thumb. That delica went in more than deep enough to teach me a lesson.

Ouch by senorsquare, on Flickr

Spyderco Forum Registered User WireEdge Roger's Avatar
    You know, I tend to unlock the Manix 2 by turning it edge up with my right hand, grasping the cage with my left hand index and thumb, and then closing it by rotating the handle counterclockwise toward my left hand.

Much easier to do than explain!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    Don't get me wrong it does take a lot of thumb strength, I'm not saying the knife SHOULD be able to b unlocked with just the thumb, only that I can on this particular model. I also have very strong hands so that helps. I also feel like more of the ball cage stands out from the handle allowing a better purchase on it.

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    I've been carrying my Manix 2 Lightweight for left hand carry and I'm uncoordinated with my left hand. The safest closing I do is edge up, pressing the lock release with my right hand from the spine side, then pressing against the spine with the back of my right hand.

If you want an easier lock that is similar to this, the Sage 3 works very well with less pressure. I have a Manix with titanium scales (made by a forum member) that are thinner than the stock ones and it gives me enough room to unlock it with just my thumb.
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker.
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

Spyderco Forum Registered User WireEdge Roger's Avatar
    Donut, it sounds like we have the same method. It works well.

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    I've been carrying my Manix 2 Lightweight for left hand carry and I'm uncoordinated with my left hand. The safest closing I do is edge up, pressing the lock release with my right hand from the spine side, then pressing against the spine with the back of my right hand.

If you want an easier lock that is similar to this, the Sage 3 works very well with less pressure. I have a Manix with titanium scales (made by a forum member) that are thinner than the stock ones and it gives me enough room to unlock it with just my thumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by WireEdge Roger View Post
    You know, I tend to unlock the Manix 2 by turning it edge up with my right hand, grasping the cage with my left hand index and thumb, and then closing it by rotating the handle counterclockwise toward my left hand.

Much easier to do than explain!
    You guys have convinced me to give it another try. So it goes that as impulsively as I sold the first, I have now impulsively ordered a second.

Sanity, get thee away from me!!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by senorsquare View Post
    You guys have convinced me to give it another try. So it goes that as impulsively as I sold the first, I have now impulsively ordered a second.

Sanity, get thee away from me!!
    Nah, I don't see why you'd have any problem reselling and getting your money back on this one, with it being this hot at the moment. Seems a safe bet to me.

Another thing I've noticed is the detent on this one is CRAZY strong, not so much that it's hard to open (easier to open than my Southard) but the blade snaps shut with authority once the ball engages the notch on the tang. I don't have any concerns with it opening in my pocket that's for sure. One of my favorite parts about this lock is that there's no detent ball and hole in the side of the blade, which means no detent ball riding along the side of the blade when opening and closing creating friction. It may be a very small contact point, but that pressure alone can be felt in my Southard. On a Manix you just have a ball rolling along the tang when the blade moves, which means as long as everything is lubed up nice, the only friction is from the washer. Sit back and imagine a Manix 2 with a ball bearing pivot....

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Blerv's Avatar
    I would think depending on demand/supply your ability to immediately recoup money on second-hand sale would be high. After they are discontinued obviously easy with a great chance of profit.

If these knives keep with the production speed of the Para2 it will be interesting if profiteers prey on them. Like all things, if you want one grab one because you never know what the future holds.
    Blake

Listing of Blade-Length Laws by State/County (Not My Website)
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USKnife.pdf

Spyderco Forum Registered User JNewell's Avatar
    It's a regular production knife, but as we all know, that often includes prolonged periods of inventory shortage. Anyway, I bet all the pricing predictions are right.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    Yeah, you should be able to make a little money off of rebuying.

I agree with JNewell, the inventory has been low a couple of times already.
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker.
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

Spyderco Forum Registered User TheFactor's Avatar
    I use the two finger method to open my manix 2 lightweight using my thumb and index finger . I can do it with one finger but it's difficult . Deployment is very smooth but strong so I think I'm going to frog lube it today and lube it up really good and see if it helps . I can flick it open with my thumb or index finger most of the time but it's stiff enough were as if I don't get the right flick it won't open . Still love this knife and think it'll break in with some more use .

GP just posted on their IG page that they have some of these in stock.

Has anyone noticed how nicely finished the interior parts of the blade are? (locking face, profile cuts)

Very smooth with almost a bead blast finish, but with none of the chatter that you normally see from the laser cutting. Overall a HIGHLY refined finish for a knife just over 100 dollars. Great job Sal and crew.