Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this the S110V lightweight Manix 2?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman67 View Post
    Does anyone know if a combo edge will be offered?
    highly highly doubt it. CE to begin with doesnt sell well, and ive never seen spyderco put serrations on a super steel (excluding ZDP)
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User FCM415's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PayneTrain View Post
    How? I didn't see that as an option.
    I checked this forum early enough to see this thread before they sold out of however many they had to presell. Quickly placed my order, minutes later, it showed out of stock.
    Upcoming: N5 CF/S110v, N5 LWT, DragonFly SB, Marcin Slysz Bowie, Farid Mehr K2, Peter Carey Rubicon, Gayle Bradley Fixed Blade, Phil Wilson Sprig, Mule Team 4V

(Some) Wishes: Native5 CHIEF, Sub 4 inch versions of the Mehr K2 and Carey Rubicon, More M4 and Use CPM-154!

Quote Originally Posted by JNewell View Post
    Ha, if it isn't what we're thinking it is, you will indeed be an early adapter!
    Wait. What?

I guess it's not 100% verified yet but from Howes it says Manix in dark blue FRN and judging by the price it certainly suggests a super steel since it's much more expensive than the BD1 LWT and the S30v G10 version. Sherlock Holmes style deduction, it's gotta be the S110v Manix LWT that was shown in A'dam and discussed by Sal as coming soon on the forums!

If not then what is it?
    Upcoming: N5 CF/S110v, N5 LWT, DragonFly SB, Marcin Slysz Bowie, Farid Mehr K2, Peter Carey Rubicon, Gayle Bradley Fixed Blade, Phil Wilson Sprig, Mule Team 4V

(Some) Wishes: Native5 CHIEF, Sub 4 inch versions of the Mehr K2 and Carey Rubicon, More M4 and Use CPM-154!

Spyderco Forum Registered User PayneTrain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FCM415 View Post
    I checked this forum early enough to see this thread before they sold out of however many they had to presell. Quickly placed my order, minutes later, it showed out of stock.
    Oh wow that was fast. I got the email before I saw the thread and it was already sold out. I just thought that was like a place holder. This is gonna be a massive distraction for me till I can lock one down. I've never had a Manix, never used S110V, and blue is my color. I kinda need this one. It's not really a choice.

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Is this a sprint run?

Spyderco Forum Registered User aquaman67's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by twinboysdad View Post
    considering how poorly the BD1 CE has sold I doubt it, they are discounted at lots of places
    Well, the new second generation Manix 2 with G10 was offered in CE so I'm hopeful.

I know I'm in the minority but I much prefer CE. I find it very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Philo Beddoe View Post
    Is this a sprint run?
    I haven't read exactly what it is, so it might be a sprint. I think if it was a dealer or distributor exclusive, that information would have been announced on the net already.

Not being announced as an exclusive or sprint, a person might wonder if it is going to be a standard production model but that is very unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by PayneTrain View Post
    I kinda need this one. It's not really a choice.
    You and 1,000 other people. Unfortunately they will probably make less than half this many. The green para2, in a lesser steel than S110V, has now sold 1200 and sold them very fast. If there is a lot of that S110V laying around, Spyderco should make some Para2's with it.

So I take it these are sold out on some kind of Pre-order? Who had them for Pre-order?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Strong-Dog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mike View Post
    So I take it these are sold out on some kind of Pre-order? Who had them for Pre-order?
    Howe's knife shop had 5 of them when I looked as soon as I got the email. I quickly ordered one
    Q: What was the most positive result of the "Cash for clunkers"
    program?

A: It took 95% of the Obama bumper stickers off the road.
    -Letterman

It is... C101PDBL2 Manix2 - MSRP $179.95 - Dark Blue FRN - CPM S110V Steel - Stock item (not exclusive or sprint).

PlainEdge only at this time.

Kristi
    There is nothing more important than this one day.

Quote Originally Posted by TazKristi View Post
    It is... C101PDBL2 Manix2 - MSRP $179.95 - Dark Blue FRN - CPM S110V Steel - Stock item (not exclusive or sprint).

Kristi
    Wow wow wow. What a great day to be a Spydie fan. Assuming they have that much 110 a stock 110 para 2 has to come as some point.
    Next Spyderco: Worker Sprint, Lightweight Manix 2 S110V

Kristi
    If it is a stock item, where are they at for purchase besides Howe's? Plain edge is what I am after!

Spyderco Forum Registered User senorsquare's Avatar

Kristi
    Wow. You guys never cease to amaze me with the products you make available for us knife knuts. Thanks y'all!

Spyderco Forum Registered User senorsquare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mike View Post
    If it is a stock item, where are they at for purchase besides Howe's? Plain edge is what I am after!
    They should be showing up at other dealers soon enough. For now we watch and wait...

Spyderco Forum Registered User _centurio_'s Avatar
    Regular stock item? OMG OMG OMG I must buy dat!!!

Spyderco Forum Registered User SolidState's Avatar
    Looks like I will finally be buying a Manix. Please o please have them at the OKCA!
    "Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
    Sir Humphry Davy

This is just too cool. I envision this knife to be on heavy rotation for me.

Spyderco Forum Registered User bearfacedkiller's Avatar
    No need to rush, regular production item. Saweet!!!!

Wow, regular production. Same thing for the Native 5 Carbon Fiber 110V, I believe. Surprising. Guess we'll see more 110V.

Wow, nice knife @ a great price. I don't suppose the frn is translucent like the BD-1 blue manix?

*edit* nvm, I guess that was frcp.