Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this the S110V lightweight Manix 2?

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    How would you break the handle?

Spyderco Forum Registered User senorsquare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JNewell View Post
    UPSP first class and priority mail generally arrive on the same schedule, and unlike UPS, USPS delivers on Saturday, which might be nice depending on how far you are from KW.
    Mine is coming from HKS and the tracking number says it will be here Saturday, but I've had instances where it takes a little longer to travel from Oskoda to Little Rock. I don't care as long as it gets here, but I'd prefer sooner than later.

I am really looking forward to this one. It sounds like the perfect EDC but I won't know until I get it in hand. If I like it enough I may end up thinning the herd a bit.

Spyderco Forum Registered User i am travvy's Avatar
    woke up this morning to a shipping number from native knives for my manix. promptly called up knifecenter and changed my order. now i have the s110v manix and a para2 on the way

Spyderco Forum Registered User senorsquare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by i am travvy View Post
    woke up this morning to a shipping number from native knives for my manix. promptly called up knifecenter and changed my order. now i have the s110v manix and a para2 on the way
    Nice maneuver. You got a couple of good ones on the way.

Spyderco Forum Registered User i am travvy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by senorsquare View Post
    Nice maneuver. You got a couple of good ones on the way.
    yeah i cant wait. they need to hurry up and make a teleporter so my knives can just poof up in my hands haha

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ABX2011 View Post
    How would you break the handle?
    Not really expecting to, it's just a reassuring thought that if I actually did do something hard enough to break it, all wouldn't be lost.

And I caved, put in a pre order a few minutes ago. I normally don't bother with pre orders, but having experience with the model and the steel makes this one an easy choice.
    Last edited by Evil D; 04-17-2014 at 09:35 AM.

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Spyderco Forum Registered User gbelleh's Avatar
    Why not just buy from NK today? In stock, and less than $105 shipped.
    My New Gear Review YouTube Channel

Latest Spydies: Lum Tanto FB Sprint, Green CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule, 2013 Forum Native 5, Domino, Blue G-10 Lava, Cruwear Military, Swick 3, Jot Singh Khalsa sprint, Hungarian Folder, CF S90V Manix 2 XL, Fluted Ti Military, Fluted Ti Native 5, Nilakka, Brown XHP Native, Equilibrium, Street Bowie, Lil Matriarch, Cat

Quote Originally Posted by gbelleh View Post
    Why not just buy from NK today? In stock, and less than $105 shipped.
    Yep...got it. Canceled my pre order and ordered from them. Thanks for the heads up.
    Last edited by Evil D; 04-17-2014 at 09:56 AM.

~David

I received mine today but look at the blade centering. It is terrible and just shy of rubbing! I can't believe that they (New Graham or Spyderco) would ship this out like this! Very disappointed in receiving it like this!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyderco Forum Registered User Cameron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mike View Post
    I received mine today but look at the blade centering. It is terrible and just shy of rubbing! I can't believe that they (New Graham or Spyderco) would ship this out like this! Very disappointed in receiving it like this!
    Don't worry the pivot is adjustable and you can straighten that up in about 45 seconds.
    Assist VG-10 Dodo CPM S30V Endura4 VG-10 Manix2 CTS: XHP, BD1 - CPM: M4, S110V, S30V Manix2 XL CPM S30V Native CPM S30V
    Para-Military2 CTS 204P - CPM S30V Tasman Salt H1 Temperance2 VG-10 Yojimbo CPM S30V Yojimbo2 CPM S30V

Spyderco Forum Registered User WireEdge Roger's Avatar
    I received mine too. Mine is about as perfect of a specimen as I could hope for! Exceptional, an instant classic in my mind.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Ankerson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Don't worry the pivot is adjustable and you can straighten that up in about 45 seconds.
    Exactly....

The FRN models tend to be slightly off, more so than the G10 vers, FRN is more flexible than G10...

Easier to adjust.... Can just open the blade and flex it a little, fixed a few of mine like that over the years...

Very minor really....

Quote Originally Posted by Ankerson View Post
    Exactly....

The FRN models tend to be slightly off, more so than the G10 vers, FRN is more flexible than G10...

Easier to adjust.... Can just open the blade and flex it a little, fixed a few of mine like that over the years...

Very minor really....
    I have tried to straighten it but no luck! I have never seen nor owned a Spydie that was this far off and I cannot get it adjusted to center. Trust me I tried as I love the looks of it , the blade steel and the weight! I am very bummed by this!

Dang, order shipped, and I just put the order in about 25 minutes ago. C'mon snail mail!

~David

I have tried to straighten it but no luck! I have never seen nor owned a Spydie that was this far off and I cannot get it adjusted to center. Trust me I tried as I love the looks of it , the blade steel and the weight! I am very bummed by this!
    I'm not sure about this knife in particular because of the handle design, but on the standard Manix 2, I usually loosen the screws and wedge a piece of paper between the blade and handle pushing the blade towards the side I need to move it in. You should try loosening the pivot and put some paper in there and then snug down the pivot and see if that does it. It may also help to bend/flex the knife handle in different directions. When a blade is off center, what happens is the scales and blade aren't parallel with each other, and especially with a knife like this that's pinned construction, you may need to flex it a little to get things lined up.

~David

Just loosen it up, stick paper in one side to move it to center and tighten and flex it some if needed.

Like I said minor, very minor...

Now if it was G10 or Titanium then it would be a problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Evil D View Post
    I'm not sure about this knife in particular because of the handle design, but on the standard Manix 2, I usually loosen the screws and wedge a piece of paper between the blade and handle pushing the blade towards the side I need to move it in. You should try loosening the pivot and put some paper in there and then snug down the pivot and see if that does it. It may also help to bend/flex the knife handle in different directions. When a blade is off center, what happens is the scales and blade aren't parallel with each other, and especially with a knife like this that's pinned construction, you may need to flex it a little to get things lined up.
    Yeah exactly correct....

Very hard in manufacturing to make sure all the knives are perfect due to the FRN.

But simple and easy to adjust if needed...

Most will be off somewhat, just the nature of the FRN and pinned construction.

Now with Sage deep pocket wire clips installed.

You mentioned the clip resting on the flat spot on the handle, that looks like it's just on the edge? Are you having any snagging issues with it clipping that way? I once used a short clip on a Delica that pressed on the bidirectional part and I wouldn't say it shredded my jeans but it sure as heck made it harder to draw from my pocket.

~David

Spyderco Forum Registered User FCM415's Avatar
    Got mine. It's a perfect example, and I LOVE the blue. If owning it for just one day is any indication, I think it's going to compete for pocket time with my all time favorite users- for good. Time will tell for sure but yeah there is nothing that I dont like in this package.

I'm beyond impressed with my S110v Mule that I've been using a lot around the house, now I have a 2.9 ounce 3.5 inch folder with it. I am lucky that my Mule is around 30 deg incl from the factory, not sure about the Manix, hopefully it is also but either way I really do not want to reprofile LOL.
    Upcoming: N5 CF/S110v, N5 LWT, DragonFly SB, Marcin Slysz Bowie, Farid Mehr K2, Peter Carey Rubicon, Gayle Bradley Fixed Blade, Phil Wilson Sprig, Mule Team 4V

(Some) Wishes: Native5 CHIEF, Sub 4 inch versions of the Mehr K2 and Carey Rubicon, More M4 and Use CPM-154!

Spyderco Forum Registered User JNewell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FCM415 View Post
    Got mine. It's a perfect example, and I LOVE the blue. If owning it for just one day is any indication, I think it's going to compete for pocket time with my all time favorite users- for good. Time will tell for sure but yeah there is nothing that I dont like in this package.

I'm beyond impressed with my S110v Mule that I've been using a lot around the house, now I have a 2.9 ounce 3.5 inch folder with it. I am lucky that my Mule is around 30 deg incl from the factory, not sure about the Manix, hopefully it is also but either way I really do not want to reprofile LOL.
    I had a total love affair with the Manix 2 and eventually fell totally out of love. (Glad it is working for you!) I am awaiting my pre-order on the Native 5 version.

One of my favorite colors (a silly reason to like a knife?) is the now-old Delica ZDP-189 sprint with "stonewashed denim" blue FRN, which sounds similar to this one. Enjoy!