Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this the S110V lightweight Manix 2?

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by JNewell View Post
    Here are a couple of references on the 2013 Forum Native. There are some comparability questions with HRC tests, but this is useful nonetheless.
    Interesting..going by those test I can only assume the hardness level of the Manix 2 S110V blade is in the 61 to 63 range..a couple of points is a big difference so hopefully its in the 63 range to get the most out of it but 61 is a good number too.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Strong-Dog's Avatar
    I also got my shipping notice earlier today. I can't wait, but now I'm regretting only paying for USPS First Class. Hopefully it will still get here soon, I'm really excited for this one.
    Q: What was the most positive result of the "Cash for clunkers"
    program?

A: It took 95% of the Obama bumper stickers off the road.
    -Letterman

Spyderco Forum Registered User JNewell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Philo Beddoe View Post
    Interesting..going by those test I can only assume the hardness level of the Manix 2 S110V blade is in the 61 to 63 range..a couple of points is a big difference so hopefully its in the 63 range to get the most out of it but 61 is a good number too.
    My guess would be the same, and I agree with all of what you're saying. Here's hoping...Spyderco as a rule does not tend to run steel soft.

Spyderco Forum Registered User JNewell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Strong-Dog View Post
    I also got my shipping notice earlier today. I can't wait, but now I'm regretting only paying for USPS First Class. Hopefully it will still get here soon, I'm really excited for this one.
    UPSP first class and priority mail generally arrive on the same schedule, and unlike UPS, USPS delivers on Saturday, which might be nice depending on how far you are from KW.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Strong-Dog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JNewell View Post
    UPSP first class and priority mail generally arrive on the same schedule, and unlike UPS, USPS delivers on Saturday, which might be nice depending on how far you are from KW.
    I hope so!
    Q: What was the most positive result of the "Cash for clunkers"
    program?

A: It took 95% of the Obama bumper stickers off the road.
    -Letterman

Here is why K390 is better than S110V. It's 3 times the steel. Just like S30V and S90V. It's basic math. The higher the number the better the steel. I bet CPM 3V is horrible and M4. Such low numbers. It's like taking your amp to 11. Sure you could make 10 the loudest but why would you want to. It goes to 11. School is over. You're welcome.

I feel bad about passing on the k390 mule

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VashHash View Post
    Here is why K390 is better than S110V. It's 3 times the steel. Just like S30V and S90V. It's basic math. The higher the number the better the steel. I bet CPM 3V is horrible and M4. Such low numbers. It's like taking your amp to 11. Sure you could make 10 the loudest but why would you want to. It goes to 11. School is over. You're welcome.
    Man that is so true did you hear about the T1000 Para 2 sprint? That thing is gonna be awesome!!

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Spyderco Forum Registered User 3rdGenRigger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil D View Post
    Man that is so true did you hear about the T1000 Para 2 sprint? That thing is gonna be awesome!!
    Not as awesome as one would be in 52100...52.1 times as awesome.
    Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench, SE SuperHawk
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench, Black ZDP Caly Jr.
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), Ti Salsa

-> Branden

Spyderco Forum Registered User opusxpn's Avatar
    got shipping confirmation, Manix dark blue FRN s110V on its way!!!!wwwooohhhhoooo!!!!
    Keep 'em sharp 9 Enduras, 4 Manix, 3 Delicas, 5 Ladybug, 2 Manbug, 3 Dragonfly, Pingo, Cat, 3 Salt1, Pacific salt, Tasman, 2 stretch, 2 Tenacious, Resiliance, Robyn2 G10, 3 Paramilitary2, Military, Kiwi

Spyderco Forum Registered User RadioactiveSpyder's Avatar
    Got it yesterday, carried it today, and I love it! Very light and the grippy FRN makes it very easy to hold it while snapping it open and closed. Got some time in the kitchen tonight making short work of some strawberries for the kids! Cheers, Radioactive

BTW, I compared it to my "Midnight Blue" FRN Stretch and Delica, and this is much darker. It is not the same shade as the BBS Lil Matriarch either, it's a much darker shade. I don't have anything else in FRN close in color...

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. Stephen King

Spyderco Forum Registered User RadioactiveSpyder's Avatar
    Not the best shot, but these spine shots show the color differences as best as I could capture them. L to R is the ZDP-189 Stretch, the S110V lightweight Manix 2, and the ZDP-189 Delica 4.

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. Stephen King

Spyderco Forum Registered User Liquid Cobra's Avatar
    Thanks for posting that comparison. That helps a lot. I'm still on the fence since I like g10 and carbon fiber so much.
    Top 3 's: Lum Tanto Folder, Yojimbo 2, Para-Military 2
    Coming Soon Wish List: Yojimbo 2 CF S90V PREORDERED!!!, Kiwi 4, K2, Roadie, Dog Tag Folder, Lum Tanto Fixed
    On The Fence: Rubicon, Roc, PITS, Native 5 (G10), Caly 3.5 CF
    Most recently acquired: Lava, Para-Military 2 CPM-S35VN, Domino CTS-204P, Bob Lum Tanto Folder Black on Black, Manix 2 Cruwear, Kahr Delica, G10 UKPK's, Black Southard,Para-Military 2 Elmax, Para-Military 2 CTS 204P
    Grail: A.T.R.

I honestly can't wait for that liquid metal para 2. Sure beats the living tissue over metal endoskeleton para 2.

Spyderco Forum Registered User i am travvy's Avatar
    i put a pre-order for one at knife center a few days ago. still havnt heard anything. just saw that national knives said they had them in stock so i ordered one from them as well. if they both go through then ill use one then leave the other NIB or trade it. hell, might call knife center in the morning and ask them to trade out the manix for something else.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdGenRigger View Post
    Not as awesome as one would be in 52100...52.1 times as awesome.
    You missed the joke lol

Quote Originally Posted by VashHash View Post
    I honestly can't wait for that liquid metal para 2. Sure beats the living tissue over metal endoskeleton para 2.
    He got it

~David

Spyderco Forum Registered User 3rdGenRigger's Avatar
    Heh...I did miss that one. I should have seen that, especially after how many times I've watched the Terminator movies.
    Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench, SE SuperHawk
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench, Black ZDP Caly Jr.
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), Ti Salsa

-> Branden

Spyderco Forum Registered User defenestrate's Avatar
    I could see this one displacing my M4 Manix2 for EDC. stainless, high wear, lighter weight - what's not to love? And if I somehow manage to abuse it to the point of breaking the handle, I will reuse that blade in something for certain!
    I don't get mad. I get..Stabby.
    -Fat Tony

Spyderco Forum Registered User senorsquare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Philo Beddoe View Post
    Well, it ain't no BD-1 but I guess it'll do.

Quote Originally Posted by defenestrate View Post
    I could see this one displacing my M4 Manix2 for EDC. stainless, high wear, lighter weight - what's not to love? And if I somehow manage to abuse it to the point of breaking the handle, I will reuse that blade in something for certain!
    Yep that's exactly what I was thinking. No reason to fear beating on it, if it breaks I have an excuse to do a blade swap.

~David