Thread: Lanyards in the pocket?

Spyderco Forum Registered User

Lanyards in the pocket?

How do the lanyards look in the pocket? I like alot of the lanyards ive seen and I have some 550 paracord but what are they like in the pocket with the pocket clip?
    Next Spyderco: Worker Sprint, Lightweight Manix 2 S110V

Spyderco Forum Registered User TheFactor's Avatar
    I think they look great in the pocket although I'm new to lanyards I wonder and have my thoughts how safe it is to carry with the knife clipped and the lanyard hanging out . I would think someone could just snatch it right out of your pocket even though it would make it easier for you to deploy it might for others to . Also in a tactical point of view I wonder if it would be easier for someone to try and gain control of your blade in a confrontation . Again I'm new to lanyards but I wonder how practical they are with the exception of in the pocket carry "no clip" making it easier to get out of your pocket also of course the many uses of para-cord in survival situations . I'm not knocking Lanyards I actually like them and have purchaced a few with another on order as a matter of fact . Hopefully some more experienced tactical folks/lanyard owners will chime in with there experience and thoughts .
    I've spent a lot of time on the Lanyard picture threads here and there is some beautiful lanyards and beads . I like the personalized look it give your knifes also .

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    I tuck the lanyard into the pocket. It's still easy to grab and pull by me without the risk of getting the knife accidentally pulled out. I carry them clipless though.

Spyderco Forum Registered User TheFactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anagarika View Post
    I tuck the lanyard into the pocket. It's still easy to grab and pull by me without the risk of getting the knife accidentally pulled out. I carry them clipless though.
    I can see that being a good way of using a Lanyard . I've tried having it clipped and the lanyard tucked in and it seems to get in the way when trying to pull it out of my pocket unless I just grab just the lanyard and then your knife is swinging at the end of the Lanyard and you have to re-grip which takes more time , maybe I just need more practice . Also with some of the medal beads you can put on lanyards the tucking in the pocket option would end up scratching your knife up I would imagine .