Thread: Size comparison request: small Sebenza vs. Chaparral

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar

Size comparison request: small Sebenza vs. Chaparral

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could post comparison pictures of the small CR Sebenza with a chaparral and maybe even a dragonfly and/or caly3 and/or techno if possible. Thanks!
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User brand0n_xk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holland View Post
    I would greatly appreciate it if someone could post comparison pictures of the small CR Sebenza with a chaparral and maybe even a dragonfly and/or caly3 and/or techno if possible. Thanks!
    I can do the small sebenza with a dragonfly, mini grip, domino, and kiwi? unfortunately I don't have a Chaparral

sure the sebenza and dragonfly would be awesome! still would like to see it with a chap tho
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Not my pictures, but I found these on google

[IMG]image removed because it was a large seb, and also probably a fake[/IMG]

This one appears to be from our own dear gbelleh! Sorry brother, but I stole your pic
    Last edited by Invective; 04-03-2014 at 12:00 PM.

thanks guys! i just had my yearly urge to by a sebenza haha. hopefully i come to my senses and remember why i didnt like my umnumzaan before i buy one haha

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User DRKBC's Avatar

Spyderco Forum Registered User Revival's Avatar
    About a month ago, I looked up every photo comparison and vid on the small sebenza and still couldnt get the size down. In some pics it looks small and in others it looks alot bigger. Unfortunatley no where in town has them so I could see them in person.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Revival's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Invective View Post
    Not my pictures, but I found these on google

Hey, im not 100% sure but I think this is a large sebenza in this photo with the Sage 2 and Techno. I went to the site where that pic was found and he doesn say if its a large or small and just refers to it as a sebenza.

There a good photo comparison in this thread of a closed small sebenza and sage 2 which makes me believe the photo of the sebenza with the sage 2 and techno is a large. Who knows though, I could be wrong. Anyway here is the thread...

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showt...age-2-worth-it

Spyderco Forum Registered User ASmitty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Revival View Post
    Hey, im not 100% sure but I think this is a large sebenza in this photo with the Sage 2 and Techno. I went to the site where that pic was found and he doesn say if its a large or small and just refers to it as a sebenza.

There a good photo comparison in this thread of a closed small sebenza and sage 2 which makes me believe the photo of the sebenza with the sage 2 and techno is a large. Who knows though, I could be wrong. Anyway here is the thread...

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showt...age-2-worth-it
    It has to be a large Sebenza. A small Seb would look very different next to a Sage.
    "A flute with no holes is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a danish."

That's a large Sebenza in post 4 ... but I'm not sure it is a real one. I'm not an expert by any means but the clip and screws look wrong and the scale doesn't have that funny detail at the screw closest to the pivot.

But I am getting side tracked : Dragonfly, Strider PT, Caly 3, Chaparral, Small Sebenza Insingo and Techno. Photo isn't great because it is already dark and this was snapped on my study floor with the on camera flash.

so it is the same size as the caly3 pretty much eh?

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holland View Post
    so it is the same size as the caly3 pretty much eh?
    It is very close Spencer. I love my 2000 model Small Seb. Not in love wit any of the current versions other than maybe the Insingo.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Quote Originally Posted by Revival View Post

Ahh oops, my bad, I'll remove it. It was one of the first pictures I found when I searched for "small sebenza chaparral" so I figured it was a small haha but looking back at it now, it looks a good bit longer than the Techno while the other pic doesn't.

I don't have Caly 3 and so replace it with a delica 4 as I think they both have similar size.

Here is the size comparison of a small sebenza with DF2, techno, chaparral and delica 4, closed and open.