Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game: Can You Spot What's Different?

Spyderco Forum Registered User gbelleh's Avatar
    The Urban's thumb ramp is unchanged. The UKPK did have a blade swap, but the blade is unchanged aside from that.
    My New Gear Review YouTube Channel

Latest Spydies: Lum Tanto FB Sprint, Green CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule, 2013 Forum Native 5, Domino, Blue G-10 Lava, Cruwear Military, Swick 3, Jot Singh Khalsa sprint, Hungarian Folder, CF S90V Manix 2 XL, Fluted Ti Military, Fluted Ti Native 5, Nilakka, Brown XHP Native, Equilibrium, Street Bowie, Lil Matriarch, Cat

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Invective View Post
    The Orange Urban Wharnie has a different pivot pin than the regular Torx. That's all I can tell though
    Quote Originally Posted by gbelleh View Post
    The orange Urban's pivot pin is unchanged. All the changes left are Photoshop changes.
    Well that's embarrassing then.

Is the Spydie logo on the UKPK moved closer to the middle screw? It looks a lot closer than on the pics I found of them on KSF. Oh and I'm pretty sure the Spyderco Delica handle markings is flipped, the words are upside down. Did I get either of these right?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Clip's Avatar
    Ill agree with Invective on the flipped Delica logo, not sure about the UKPK.
    Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly3, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, M390 Para2, Cruwear MT12, Techno, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, Manix2 Ltwt, Salt I, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Forum Native5, Squeak, Manix 83mm, 440V Military, Gayle Bradley, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, Cruwear Military, VG10 Jester, Terzuola SlipIt, XHP Native Ltwt, Domino, CPM154/S90V Para2, SB Stretch, D2 Para, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris

Yes!
    The bug on the UKPK's FRN handle was moved, and the Delica's name badge oval is flipped.

That leaves 4 left. 1 on the Urban, 1 more on the UKPK, 1 on the Military, and 1 more on the Manix 2.

Latest Spydies: Lum Tanto FB Sprint, Green CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule, 2013 Forum Native 5, Domino, Blue G-10 Lava, Cruwear Military, Swick 3, Jot Singh Khalsa sprint, Hungarian Folder, CF S90V Manix 2 XL, Fluted Ti Military, Fluted Ti Native 5, Nilakka, Brown XHP Native, Equilibrium, Street Bowie, Lil Matriarch, Cat

Spyderco Forum Registered User razorsharp's Avatar
    UKPK should be showing torx on the "display side"
    -Travis
    Come chat with us on IRC

Visit the knife picture site http://sharpthings.net/
    Super-steel Nut

To the sharpening junkies: SHOW THOSE EDGES!
    Spyderco Knives- Tuff- Southard- Resilience
    Others- Dalibor Sirius- Strider SnG DGG- Ozark Tradition DC Slicer- Curtiss Nano- Strider SMF Lego
    Inbound: Zero Tolerance 0777 - Zero Tolerance 0801cf - Benchmade 940-1

Spyderco Forum Registered User Ned's Avatar
    That pin does not belong on that Urban.
    C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13

Spyderco Forum Registered User Clip's Avatar
    Think I've got the Military - missing the "Spyderco" laser engraving and the Manix - lack of jimping on the back liners.

Tricky!
    Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly3, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, M390 Para2, Cruwear MT12, Techno, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, Manix2 Ltwt, Salt I, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Forum Native5, Squeak, Manix 83mm, 440V Military, Gayle Bradley, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, Cruwear Military, VG10 Jester, Terzuola SlipIt, XHP Native Ltwt, Domino, CPM154/S90V Para2, SB Stretch, D2 Para, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris

Spyderco Forum Registered User Apophis's Avatar
    Millie has no extra clip holes?
    -Nate

Persistence, UKPK, Forum Native, South Fork, Cruwear Millitary, SB Stretch, SB Caly 3.5, UKPK,
    Chaparral, 3 Para2's, Lefty Military, K390 Mule, Caly Jr.

Good guesses...
    Yes, the Military is missing its "Spyderco" laser etch.
    Yes, the torx head was added to the UKPK's pivot pin.

No change was made to the Manix's jimping, or Millie's clip holes.
    Also, the Urban's pins and screws are all unaltered.

Only 2 left. One on the Manix 2, and one on the Urban.

Ahh haaah! The texture of the g10 is wrong on that Urban! Sneaky very sneaky!
    C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13

Sorry, that's not what's different about the Urban.

Here's the pic re-posted for page 2:

Hmmmm, is it that the Spyder logo is oversized?

That's it!

Only one thing left wrong with the Manix 2.

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Tooo.... much.... oraaange!
    Owned : Broken tip ZDP-189 Endura, Mule Team 18, Mr Itou R2 180mm Gyoto, Super Blue Stretch, Super Blue Ladybug
    In the wish list model list: Southard, *Yuna Qi 4.1 in K390*, ZDP-189 Ladybug, Chaparral, any AEB-L Sal would make into a folder!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Knivesinedc's Avatar
    is the lanyard hole moved?
    Last edited by Knivesinedc; 04-08-2014 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Changed answer
    Our Freedom, you want it, Come and take it.

Joshua 1:9b "Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go"

Spyderco Forum Registered User MarcusH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbelleh View Post
    Only one thing left wrong with the Manix 2.
    Mmh, a Manix 2 with a wired clip that is not the lightweight variant....
    My small collection: http://www.araneomorphae.de
    "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and beautiful knives. The rest I just squandered."
    Slightly modified, R.I.P. George Best.

It's not the lanyard hole, and yes the wire clip slots and screw were already found.

The last change is pretty subtle, but should be noticeable.

Spyderco Forum Registered User MarcusH's Avatar
    Aah, you removed some of the little edge on top of the blade near the jimping

I've done the same with my Calypso jr. burgundy FRN

My small collection: http://www.araneomorphae.de
    "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and beautiful knives. The rest I just squandered."
    Slightly modified, R.I.P. George Best.

Good guess, but not it.

Here's a big hint... the way it is in the picture, that Manix 2 wouldn't be as strong as it should be.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    I was thinking to get rid of the clip screws, you'd have to replace the scales. The picture makes the texture on the G-10 look different than the Military next to it.

Comparing to the Military, I think you changed out the other screws. They even look larger than the Para screws in the picture.
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker.
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site