Thread: Has there ever been fake Sprint Runs?

Spyderco Forum Registered User

Has there ever been fake Sprint Runs?

And not just misinformed people saying they're Sprints but actually produced knives? Particularly Sprint Runs with "exotic steels". I've found that eBay is a very effective way of finding Sprints you've missed out and I just wanted to know if there was any cause for concern.

My Delica SB came from eBay user "yourknifeconnection" since I couldn't find another dealer with them in stock. I'm sure that it isn't fake, but was just wondering if I should have any worry.

Spyderco Forum Registered User systemofadown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by btron View Post
    And not just misinformed people saying they're Sprints but actually produced knives? Particularly Sprint Runs with "exotic steels". I've found that eBay is a very effective way of finding Sprints you've missed out and I just wanted to know if there was any cause for concern.

My Delica SB came from eBay user "yourknifeconnection" since I couldn't find another dealer with them in stock. I'm sure that it isn't fake, but was just wondering if I should have any worry.

I've yet to see any examples of the various Sprint Runs counterfeited.... Ebay is the last place (exempting forums - which is more of a waiting game if you have to have it now) to find them after the retailers supply runs dry. I'd personally have little concern (at least for now anyway) buying a Sprint Run (exotic blade steel) on ebay. That said always approach the bay with caution

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Deacon's Avatar
    I wouldn't totally rule out the possibility of faked Sprints, or "never was" fakes being passed off as Sprints, but in the case of your Delica, I'd say you're safe. The eBay seller you purchased it from is a long time legitimate one.
    Paul
    My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
    Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
    WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Good to know. Thanks!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Apophis's Avatar
    Yes, counterfiet orange "s30v" Militaries are being produced and sold as the sprint. I tried to warn people about them a while ago and then a few weeks later someone bought one off Ebay and posted about it on bladeforums.

Fake Para's & Southards are also being sold in several colors now, you can even just buy the Para scales. While these are not fake sprints per se, things may be headed that way...