Thread: New guy introduction

Spyderco Forum Registered User kenspen's Avatar

New guy introduction

Hello everyone. After about a year of lurking and being a registered member since January, I thought it was time to introduce myself and share my story. I've collected knives for about as long as I can remember - mostly traditional slippies. I've accumulated about 60 or so Case knives, another dozen SAKs, various and sorted others and a hand full of Kershaws. Last year, we relocated for employment and in the process of packing up my knife chest, I found a 1st generation Spyderco Delica in it's original box. I don't remember buying it or trading for it but there it was. I took it out and thought, "Man, that is the ugliest knife I've ever seen." So I stuck it in my pocket and used it for the next couple of days for packing duties since I didn't care if I destroyed. Well, you guys know the rest of the story. To use a Spyderco is to fall in love with a Spyderco. That knife handled everything I threw at and molded itself to my hand. Well next thing I knew, I was cruising this forum and beginning to lust for more. I have learned so much from all of you but shame on all of you... you are enablers! To date, I've acquired a Delica 4 FFG, Caly 3 CFP, Caly 3.5 CFP, DF2 Salt and I just ordered a DF2 ZDP-189. Next on the list, Chaparral CFP. Ahhh....such a magnificent obsession!
    Ken

Spyderco Forum Registered User aquaman67's Avatar
    Hello,

I think you'll love the Chaparral. I have one in my pocket right now. I looked through my knives and that's the one I picked today.

Spyderco Forum Registered User RadioactiveSpyder's Avatar
    Ahhh, another well-bitten victim! Welcome to the forum! Hold on to your wallet if you keep hanging out here, these people are awful in terms of being Spyderco enablers! Cheers, Radioactive
    It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. Stephen King

Spyderco Forum Registered User All-R-Crazy's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum, if u don't want to be enabled turn around and walk away
    All of my spydies I have except for my delica 4 blue I've gotten within the past three months but I love them all so I know how u feel I think we, on this forum, all have the "bite" and I don't mind that much
    delica ffg,endura ffg,pm2 black/black,delica sb,caly3.5 g10,caly3 sb,S90V military

Quote Originally Posted by JAfromMN
    My favorite Spyderco is the one that I used the most Today

Spyderco Forum Registered User jmh58's Avatar
    Welcome!! Hang out and post often!! Great people and info to be found here!! John
    A great rabbit chase ends with a.. BANG!!!

Never too old to relive your youth!!

Life is to short to carry a cheap knife!!!

Spyderco Forum Registered User MacLaren's Avatar
    Welcome. I just joined yesterday and my first Spydey is a Vallotton. I'm in trouble.....

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Hi Ken,

Welcome to our forum. Thanx much for the interest and support.

sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User Blerv's Avatar
    Welcome to the forums =)!
    Blake

Spyderco Forum Registered User Spydersense's Avatar
    Welcome!
    Time for another !

-Matt

Spyderco Forum Registered User SolidState's Avatar
    Welcome aboard. There's a lot of good info on here.
    "Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
    Sir Humphry Davy

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    Welcome to the forums! Great choice on the chaparral being your next purchase, it is my favourite knife. I would I highly recommend looking at more Taiwan models, the f&f stands out more I find
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Welcome to the forum Kenspen! Chaparral is to be one my next move unless Sal make a K390 folder sprint. In the mean time, if you can afford it, a ladybug either in superblue or zdp-189 would be a great asset to your kit. You'll grow loving it pretty quickly!
    Owned : Broken tip ZDP-189 Endura, Mule Team 18, Mr Itou R2 180mm Gyoto, Super Blue Stretch, Super Blue Ladybug
    In the wish list model list: Southard, *Yuna Qi 4.1 in K390*, ZDP-189 Ladybug, Chaparral, any AEB-L Sal would make into a folder!

Spyderco Forum Registered User ChapmanPreferred's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum!
    SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
    Work EDC List
    FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
    FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
    BRP: CF Military S90V
    BLP: Forum S110V Native