Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I the only one that prefers the SB Delica over the Caly 3?

Spyderco Forum Registered User pearl2291's Avatar
    I agree with the OP I left the Delica Behind for quite a while but, this version brought me back. The Delica SB Is Great!!

SuperBlue Delica

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    I really like Super Blue. And I think the Delica is a terrific value for the money.

I just happen to be carrying my SB Delica today. But then again, I'm also carrying my CF Caly 3.5 in waistband. And large G10 Persian. Dragonfly Salt PE. And Ladybug Salt Hawkbill SE.

I need more pockets .
    Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E)

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rodloos View Post
    I really like Super Blue. And I think the Delica is a terrific value for the money.

I just happen to be carrying my SB Delica today. But then again, I'm also carrying my CF Caly 3.5 in waistband. And large G10 Persian. Dragonfly Salt PE. And Ladybug Salt Hawkbill SE.

I need more pockets .
    That is an excellent group of spydies. You do need more pockets, but don't we all.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    After using my delica for a while i have to change my mind. The caly3 still have better ergos imo, but how thin the delicas blade is, and the beautiful taper make cutting a joy. awesome knife, very happy i had seller remorse early and bought another before they get expensive
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Manix 2 LW, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

As much as I like the choil as spyderco implements them, I have to agree that the sb Delica is amazing. There is something so simple and utilitarian in the design, yet has that hidden refinement and grace that puts it over the edge. It is hard to put into words, but I don't think there is a sub four inch blade I would choose over the sb Delica.

Spyderco Forum Registered User this_is_nascar's Avatar
    I never could get past the blade shape/profile of the Delica-4.
    "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". --- Wayne LaPierre 12/21/2012

Quote Originally Posted by this_is_nascar View Post
    I never could get past the blade shape/profile of the Delica-4.
    The looks, or function? I think the blade shape functions great. As Evil D has pointed out, it's like a warnie with just a little belly, which keeps the tip from getting too far off axis but with the belly cutting power.

Spyderco Forum Registered User gbelleh's Avatar
    I love the looks and function of the Delica blade. Blade shape doesn't get much better for me.
    My New Gear Review YouTube Channel

Latest Spydies: Lum Tanto FB Sprint, Green CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule, 2013 Forum Native 5, Domino, Blue G-10 Lava, Cruwear Military, Swick 3, Jot Singh Khalsa sprint, Hungarian Folder, CF S90V Manix 2 XL, Fluted Ti Military, Fluted Ti Native 5, Nilakka, Brown XHP Native, Equilibrium, Street Bowie, Lil Matriarch, Cat

Spyderco Forum Registered User Ned's Avatar
    I do love the Delica, however I'll be keeping my Caly 3 forever! To me, both knives have excellent ergonomics, yet I think I would honestly prefer the BRG Delica, I am planning on getting one soon.
    C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13

I really like my SB Delica but for ergos it cannot compete with the UKPK (not possessing a Caly 3-yet).
    The choil plus the slight angle just melt into my hand (UKPK G10 SB sprint to follow the Caly demand? Hinthint!).

For now I have a Caly 3.5 to compare it to (no SB but a great knife nonetheless) and I carry the D4 SB in a poch while the Caly 3.5 sits in the drawer ...

Hmmm... too much distraction coming from MadRookies thread and my growing hunger. UKPK as an US made blade won´t get a SB treatment. Would be a great blade though-maybe CPM Cruwear/M4 for an aggressive edge + possible patina

Spyderco Forum Registered User this_is_nascar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tvenuto View Post
    The looks, or function? I think the blade shape functions great. As Evil D has pointed out, it's like a warnie with just a little belly, which keeps the tip from getting too far off axis but with the belly cutting power.

The looks. If I can't appreciate the looks of something, I can't keep it in my very small collection, no matter how well it may work.
    "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". --- Wayne LaPierre 12/21/2012

Fair enough. I can appreciate that, I feel that way about the Stretch blade.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    Good idea with the M4 ukpk suggestion. I would love M4 in any small knife
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Manix 2 LW, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

I much prefer the appearance of the straight spine, and only subtle belly spyderco blades like the Delica, endura, and military. But I love just how damn efficient they are even more.