Thread: Fake lefty military ?

Hybrid View

Spyderco Forum Registered User

Fake lefty military ?

I was just wondering if anyone has heard of or seen a fake left handed military. I just one off of eBay since they're discontinued and that was the only place I could find one. Nothing seems off to me, but after reading some post on how good the fakes are I was a little concerned. I wouldn't think that taking the time to make a lefty fake would make much sense, but you never know.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Clip's Avatar
    Anything is possible, but I've never seen a fake LH.
    Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly3, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, M390 Para2, Cruwear MT12, Techno, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, Manix2 Ltwt, Salt I, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Forum Native5, Squeak, Manix 83mm, 440V Military, Gayle Bradley, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, Cruwear Military, VG10 Jester, Terzuola SlipIt, XHP Native Ltwt, Domino, CPM154/S90V Para2, SB Stretch, D2 Para, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris

Spyderco Forum Registered User Apophis's Avatar
    I try to keep an eye out for updates on fakes (comp lock Paras) and any new ones out there (Southard, Domino).I have not seen a fake lefty.

It seems unlikely that it would be worth their while from a volume standpoint as well.

So, congrats on the pick-up! I always thought the Military would be too large and wasn't really interested, but then the lefty went on sale and I figured for $99 I should pick one up while I had the chance. So glad I did, it is awesome.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Sully's Avatar
    A fake LH Military does sound implausible from a sales/profit standpoint. Perhaps the one advantage us lefties have in regard to folders.

I missed out on one on ebay recently, perhaps the one you got. Congrats!
    “Damned infernal gizmo. My kingdom for a left-handed can opener!”
    Mr. Burns, The Simpsons
    Other Lefties: Da Vinci, Einstein, Franklin, Newton, Aristotle, Hendrix, Gates, 'The Babe,' 'The Great One' ... Mrs. Gail Glesser?!

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Thanks for the input guys. I was thinking the same thing.