View Poll Results: What is your MOST ANTICIPATED feature on the proposed Military 2 Model?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lock

30 53.57%
  • Blade dimensions

1 1.79%
  • Blade shape / grind

1 1.79%
  • Exclusive Super Steel

8 14.29%
  • Scale dimensions / ergonomics

6 10.71%
  • Pocket Clip

4 7.14%
  • Other Hardware ( liners, standoffs, pivots, fasteners, etc.)

4 7.14%
  • Other

2 3.57%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anticipation for Military 2 poll

Spyderco Forum Registered User paladin's Avatar

Anticipation for Military 2 poll

The details on the Military 2 are top secret, so far, with just a few clues being leaked ( Stoplock )...

Vote for your ONE most longed for detail which ( possibly ) may be featured on the proposed Military 2

These can be "confirmed" features or "hoped for" features...

I've kept the categories broad & general...

Please flesh out your vote with more details in the comments section, if needed
    Last edited by paladin; 03-22-2014 at 10:56 AM.
    Have Kiwi, will travel...wire Paladin...Hotel Carlton, San Francisco

Spyderco Forum Registered User Spydersense's Avatar
    Voted for ergos. I recently gave a Military a try, but don't dig the ergos. Hopefully the 2 will change that for me.
    Time for another !

-Matt

voted LOCK...really intrigued by Stoplock

for lock innovation Spyderco has set the bar high, and I have 100% confidence it will be a Home Run

Spyderco Forum Registered User Leif's Avatar
    Can't decide until I actually know what the features will be like.
    Two historical figures, outlaws and desperadoes if that, the villainous pair of really nice boys who just happened to be on the wrong side of the law.

Current EDC: Paramilitary 2

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Voted lock since the limit is one selection, but in reality I am really interested in the combined package, especially 4 way clip and hopefully a upgraded baseline blade steel.

Spyderco Forum Registered User yablanowitz's Avatar
    I love the Military just the way it is. If I could visualize how the Stop Lock works from the drawings, I'd have no interest in the Military2 at all.
    I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    Well I'm a steel hound but I figure that will likely come no matter what the rest of the features turn out to be so I vote for lock design. If I could have one wish it would be to have more blade to match the length of the handle and maybe a slightly beefier tip, and I stress slightly.

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

I'd like to see a 4 position clip.VG10 as a steel option.I can't think of much else.

Spyderco Forum Registered User gbelleh's Avatar
    New lock, and tip-up option are what I'm looking forward to. But I'm happy enough with the Millie 1 to wait until it's ready.
    My New Gear Review YouTube Channel

Latest Spydies: Lum Tanto FB Sprint, Green CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule, 2013 Forum Native 5, Domino, Blue G-10 Lava, Cruwear Military, Swick 3, Jot Singh Khalsa sprint, Hungarian Folder, CF S90V Manix 2 XL, Fluted Ti Military, Fluted Ti Native 5, Nilakka, Brown XHP Native, Equilibrium, Street Bowie, Lil Matriarch, Cat

I'm assuming one (or more) of all the features I've listed will "evolve" from the Military 1, otherwise there would be no talk of a future Milie 2...

I likewise assume that there will some elements from Mil 1 retained or else it would have a different model designation...

The "confirmed" details are few...our wishes & imaginations fill in the blanks in the meantime....

I guess this poll would have been better titled "Military 2 Wishlist"

Pocket clip. I just want to be able to carry the Military comfortably. It's a great knife already

I say K390 would be the highly wished for feature. Slight blade shape change could also do something, but overall it's a great design. Dunno how they could improve it more then by giving it the craziest steel out there!
    Owned : Broken tip ZDP-189 Endura, Mule Team 18, Mr Itou R2 180mm Gyoto, Super Blue Stretch, Super Blue Ladybug
    In the wish list model list: Southard, *Yuna Qi 4.1 in K390*, ZDP-189 Ladybug, Chaparral, any AEB-L Sal would make into a folder!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Clip's Avatar
    Blade dimensions, the Military packs an impressive and capable blade in a very slim, light package. I hope this doesn't change.
    Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly3, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, M390 Para2, Cruwear MT12, Techno, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, Manix2 Ltwt, Salt I, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Forum Native5, Squeak, Manix 83mm, 440V Military, Gayle Bradley, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, Cruwear Military, VG10 Jester, Terzuola SlipIt, XHP Native Ltwt, Domino, CPM154/S90V Para2, SB Stretch, D2 Para, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    I like Evil D's suggestion to upsize the blade to fill the handle more. I would not have any interest in shrinking the handle to fit the current Military blade length. I really can't say I am anticipating anything other than a pillar construction and upgraded T8 torx fasteners.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Comp lock (or power lock) and 4 position clip definitely top my list.

I really like the ergonomics as they stand, and the blade shape is great for me. I just have a lot of trouble getting past the liner lock and the fixed position clip. I understand that the lightness is related to the liner lock, though, and I do appreciate the lightness.

Spyderco Forum Registered User nccole's Avatar
    I voted clip. Mainly because it was the thing I couldn't live with on the current model. Second would be hardware. Larger lanyard tube, larger standoffs, at least t8 screws t10 would be good. While the Stoplock looks intriguing, the liner lock on the current Mili is pretty good. I would want some more info on the stop lock before I got more excited. A video showing it might do the trick since the other two things I mentioned were modded by me, but you can't modify the lock really.

I voted Lock but honestly I love the Military as it is. With that said, I would not mind seeing a tip up/tip down carry option and pillar construction on the Military 2. One thing I love about the Military is it is a lightweight/slim package for its size. The Military does carry more like a medium sized knife when compared to other folders in its size range IMO. Like Clip already stated, I also hope this does not change with the Military 2.

Spyderco Forum Registered User robot37's Avatar
    I voted for the lock, but the more I look at the old patent drawings for the Stop Lock the more it looks like the new Power Lock, except that the Power Lock has a stop pin, whereas the Stop Lock does not. However, the principle means of locking the blade is very similar. I wonder if Sal and crew won't try to roll out a new Military model with the Power Lock instead. It would be the total package: Strength, Reliability, Ergonomics, and Ambidextrous set up. What's not to like?

I motion for a Power Lock Military 2 !!

-nate

Spyderco Forum Registered User LC Kid's Avatar
    Hi Folks!

My vote goes for the Lock - Compression Lock Mili!

And I'd love to see a 4 way Pocket Clip.
    Stay Sharp!

Quote Originally Posted by nccole View Post
    Second would be hardware. Larger lanyard tube, larger standoffs, at least t8 screws t10 would be good. A video showing it might do the trick since the other two things I mentioned were modded by me, but you can't modify the lock really.
    are the 2 things you're referring to the lanyard tube & standoffs? Pics please!!