Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Spyderco Forum Registered User i am travvy's Avatar
    pic to prove it =p

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by tvenuto View Post
    The long awaited D'allara drop point has arrived. The contoured handle feels great, and it's smooth as can be.
    Interesting knife and interesting picture! Thanks for posting. If this is going to be a user, let us know how it handles.
    MY SPYDIE LIST (on profile page)
    Want List: New Stretch prototype Coyote G-10 slab/ZDP test sprint!

Spyderco Forum Registered User TheFactor's Avatar
    Just ordered a Super Blue Sprint run Endura 4

Quote Originally Posted by DougC-3 View Post
    Interesting knife and interesting picture! Thanks for posting. If this is going to be a user, let us know how it handles.
    It is certainly and interesting design, and certainly a user. I plan to post a full report once it's gotten some pocket time.

Quote Originally Posted by tvenuto View Post
    It is certainly and interesting design, and certainly a user. I plan to post a full report once it's gotten some pocket time.
    I'll be looking forward to it. I'm also interested in what you think about its BBL. I've only handled that type lock a time or two, on a Dodo, and didn't really get a chance to form an opinion about how it compares the the Manix2 caged BBL, which I'm stuck on. Thanks

Spyderco Forum Registered User jackknifeh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DougC-3 View Post
    I'm glad to see that you weren't washed away this morning and still have internet after the 19 inch deluge of rain you guys got down there in the Panhandle. Maybe you're in the part of the handle close to the pan I've lived in the nearby Alabama counties that got swamped. I miss the coastal weather, but not that much of it
    We are still here. I didn't know how much rain we got exactly. I do know however how much water was in our bedroom and computer room. The carpet in the bedroom was saturated with water on top. the room with the computers had about an inch of water in there. This happened within about 20 minutes after we noticed it. The yard around our house slopes into an inside corner on the outside of our house. Without drainage the water in the house would be about 6" deep. Years ago we dug a ditch around the house and laid black 4" pipe with holes in it (forget the name of it) in it to allow the water to drain. That has worked very well, even during hurricanes. But the other night I guess the pipe had filled up enough with dirt and I was out there at 11pm digging a shallow ditch just deep enough for the water to drain. Actually, around the other corner and down the side of the house and at the other corner where we have a fence there had built up a bunch of leaves and junk that acted as a dam. That was the main problem I think. Anyway, I had fun but I'm getting too old and my back isn't up to that kind of fun any more. Thanks for thinking of us though.

Jack
    PS
    My Dragonfly SB is "OUT FOR DELIVERY". It is 11:30am and about time to sit my lawn chair out there by the mail box.

My EDC for a while. Stretch with carbon fiber handle, Chaparral 2, Dragonfly 2 with kirinite MOP handle, Manbug with bolster/red bone handle. Super blue/420J1 blades on all three (except Chaparral).

just to let everyone know national knives has millie cruwear's in stock. just ordered one!

Quote Originally Posted by i am travvy View Post
    just to let everyone know national knives has millie cruwear's in stock. just ordered one!
    Nice score ! Almost picked one up but I just ordered the Super Blue Endura Sprint run last night from them so decided to hold off . But I'll tell you what they sure ship fast my SB Endura is already on the way and I should have it Monday .
    That's pretty darn fast !

Yeah they are fast! Takes two days to get here in florida.

Yup I just book marked them lol

Quote Originally Posted by jackknifeh View Post
    We are still here. I didn't know how much rain we got exactly. I do know however how much water was in our bedroom and computer room. The carpet in the bedroom was saturated with water on top. the room with the computers had about an inch of water in there. This happened within about 20 minutes after we noticed it. The yard around our house slopes into an inside corner on the outside of our house. Without drainage the water in the house would be about 6" deep. Years ago we dug a ditch around the house and laid black 4" pipe with holes in it (forget the name of it) in it to allow the water to drain. That has worked very well, even during hurricanes. But the other night I guess the pipe had filled up enough with dirt and I was out there at 11pm digging a shallow ditch just deep enough for the water to drain. Actually, around the other corner and down the side of the house and at the other corner where we have a fence there had built up a bunch of leaves and junk that acted as a dam. That was the main problem I think. Anyway, I had fun but I'm getting too old and my back isn't up to that kind of fun any more. Thanks for thinking of us though.

Jack
    PS
    My Dragonfly SB is "OUT FOR DELIVERY". It is 11:30am and about time to sit my lawn chair out there by the mail box.
    lol about the lawn chair by the mail box I'm having a hard time holding off on some of these SB sprints and will no doubt regret it later, but I've bought so many other knives lately, I'm trying to make do with my SB Endura.

Sounds like you had a minor flash flood in the computer room. With all the roads and bridges that were washed out from Foley to Pensacola, maybe you got off easy, but I won't say you were lucky to have an inch of water in your computer room and it's seldom enviable to be out ditching your house at 11:00 PM. Coincidentally I had some dripping through the ceiling in my computer room when it was falling faster than my roof gutters could handle it and somehow got through into my attic. But I live about four hours north of the serous flooding, and it didn't rain anywhere near that much here.

Spyderco Forum Registered User bakercountyboy's Avatar
    Just ordered a caly 3 CF

Just put a order in for a YoJimbo 2 black G-10
    Can't wait !!

Nice one factor. Thats at the top of my list for wants. I think i might hold off until the carbon fiber one though. We will see

Quote Originally Posted by i am travvy View Post
    Nice one factor. Thats at the top of my list for wants. I think i might hold off until the carbon fiber one though. We will see

Thanks ! I've been looking for one for a while and saw one so stepped up
    I prefer the G-10 as far as feel and functionality but looks wise hands down CF is beautiful !
    I'm hoping this score will keep me satisfied for a while lol .

Spyderco Forum Registered User jmh58's Avatar
    Well.. With being so focused on the arrival of the Tenacious, I forgot all about the Cento3 I had coming!! My second!! It got here!! Gently used and will be put into the truck console!! John
    A great rabbit chase ends with a.. BANG!!!

Never too old to relive your youth!!

Life is to short to carry a cheap knife!!!

my cruwear millie has shipped! now to play the waiting game

Spyderco Forum Registered User Spydersense's Avatar
    Super blue Stretch coming my way.
    Time for another !

-Matt

Tracking # received to today and my Yojimbo 2 is in route!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Ned's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post
    Just put a order in for a YoJimbo 2 black G-10
    Can't wait !!
    Right there with ya Factor! just ordered one today...not BBS though..
    C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13