Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    My foliage green Para Military1 D2 got here just as the sun was going down yesterday, so I'll post a pick later today.

Lately we've had some mailmen who literally sort the mail with their truck, or what I call the Betsy Bug method. They deliver to a couple of boxes, turn around, go back and fill a few they missed, turn around, come back... well, you get the idea. Yesterday he came by and delivered our mail (envelopes only) and the mail for a several houses down the street, turned around and drove back by, pretending he didn't see me waving at him. He finally came back a half hour later and delivered my two packages -- the other one was Flitz and a Frog Oil kit from Amazon
    MY SPYDIE LIST (on profile page)
    Want List: New Stretch prototype Coyote G-10 slab/ZDP test sprint!

Pingo in DOC orange.

Spyderco Forum Registered User FCM415's Avatar
    Flitz is AWESOME Doug. It's a polish, protectant, even a mild scratch remover. It can remove rust, corrosion such as a patina... Can even use it as a strop compound. I use it to treat my blades which keeps it looking polished and protected from corrosion i.e. water beads off of it, I polish the pivot area such as the tang and bronze washers for a smoother action, treat the metal liners to prevent rust. It works on a lot of stuff around the house too. I also have a modest watch collection and I polish the watch and bracelet with it.

No I dont work for Flitz haha, I just think its an excellent product that everyone should try.
    Upcoming: N5 CF/S110v, N5 LWT, DragonFly SB, Marcin Slysz Bowie, Farid Mehr K2, Peter Carey Rubicon, Gayle Bradley Fixed Blade, Phil Wilson Sprig, Mule Team 4V

(Some) Wishes: Native5 CHIEF, Sub 4 inch versions of the Mehr K2 and Carey Rubicon, More M4 and Use CPM-154!

I ordered a Karahawk as a belated birthday present for myself. Howe's had a few overstocked for a price too good to pass up.

My user foliage green Paramilitary1 D2 came yesterday. The D-fly is not new -- it just likes to hang out with the FG big boys and mug the camera.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Spydersense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xceptnl View Post
    Excellent trade IMO. You got the better of that deal. VG-10, H1 and Superblue will make such a well rounded EDC package. Not everyone carries 3 knives at once, but those would barely be noticeable. I would bet the weight of those 3 equals the 300-1.
    Thanks. I thought I made out pretty well. I get to try out the different steels without spending any extra money right now.
    Last edited by Spydersense; 03-25-2014 at 10:29 PM.
    Time for another !

-Matt

Quote Originally Posted by FCM415 View Post
    Flitz is AWESOME Doug. It's a polish, protectant, even a mild scratch remover. It can remove rust, corrosion such as a patina... Can even use it as a strop compound. I use it to treat my blades which keeps it looking polished and protected from corrosion i.e. water beads off of it, I polish the pivot area such as the tang and bronze washers for a smoother action, treat the metal liners to prevent rust. It works on a lot of stuff around the house too. I also have a modest watch collection and I polish the watch and bracelet with it.

No I dont work for Flitz haha, I just think its an excellent product that everyone should try.
    I know, and you don't even play a Flitz salesman on TV I'm sure But thanks for the information. I've seen it mentioned dozens of times on the forums, but there were several kinds at Amazon and I was a little confused. I got the one labeled "Metal, Plastic, & Fiberglass Polish, Anti-Tarnish Formula. Lasts up to 6 months!" They didn't seem to have one just for metal. It mentions practically all metals but non-stainless steal. Says it protects yet says "Do not let dry." Polish and buff before it drys... does this sound like the type all the Knife Knuts use? I may use it to buff out some very fine longitudinal scratches on my "new" D2 blade. I'll try Scotch Brite and 0000 steel wool first. Apparently somebody at some point removed the patina and left scratches. They're so fine they're hardly noticeable, but I'd like to see what happens.

Do you just polish and leave it as is, or do you wash off any leftover residue? (This is not a Spyderco, but I did get it in the mail, so maybe it's only half off topic, sorry)

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DougC-3 View Post
    I know, and you don't even play a Flitz salesman on TV I'm sure But thanks for the information. I've seen it mentioned dozens of times on the forums, but there were several kinds at Amazon and I was a little confused. I got the one labeled "Metal, Plastic, & Fiberglass Polish, Anti-Tarnish Formula. Lasts up to 6 months!" They didn't seem to have one just for metal. It mentions practically all metals but non-stainless steal. Says it protects yet says "Do not let dry." Polish and buff before it drys... does this sound like the type all the Knife Knuts use? I may use it to buff out some very fine longitudinal scratches on my "new" D2 blade. I'll try Scotch Brite and 0000 steel wool first. Apparently somebody at some point removed the patina and left scratches. They're so fine they're hardly noticeable, but I'd like to see what happens.

Do you just polish and leave it as is, or do you wash off any leftover residue? (This is not a Spyderco, but I did get it in the mail, so maybe it's only half off topic, sorry)
    I have lots of experience with Flitz. I have even seen it prevent the patina on Superblue after the first treatment. I used flitz and a green scotchbrite pad to polish out the scratches from my D2 Para. The trick wit Flitz is to use a small amount, work in a small area, and do not let it dry (don't stop moving the cloth or pad). As soon as you are done polishing, wipe it off. I have even found the polish alone to be abrasive enough for some steels with just my finger doing the scrubbing duty. When it no longer turns black, you are really getting it clean and polished.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User opusxpn's Avatar
    still waiting on my pacific salt one more day and then its mine all mine
    Keep 'em sharpEndura4 (blk all edges, brwn, FG, SB, RG ZDP, blk tac, wave) Salt1 (blk, yllw PE H1)Tasman(yllw SE H1) Pacific salt(blk SE H1) Stretch(ZDP, SB) Delica4(blk CE, wave, SB) Drgfly2(yllw SE H1, org PE,SB PE) Pingo(blk) Cat G10(blk) Centofante3 Ldybg3(FG,SB,Hwk yllw H1, tan H1, blk) Manbug (blk SE, SB) Manix2(Ltw trans blue PE, G10 PE, Ltw dark blue frn) Para2(dig/satin, blk/satin) Military(Cru-Wear) Resilience, Tenacious(blk CE,grn PE), K04 Blk PE, K04 Blue SE, Byrd Robin2 G10

Just received my Orange Endura 4 FFG.
    It's my first Spyderco, but definitely not the last, thinking of Salt or maybe PM.
    Heaven!!

cheers,
    tom

Spyderco Forum Registered User The_Marshall's Avatar
    Just ordered the Ed Schempp Equilibrium in stainless and the Cricket Nishijin in black glass fiber. need some more small gentleman knives for my collection.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Kylems11's Avatar
    Very exciting day for me managed to find and just ordered 2 native 5s from 2 different sites got the last one on each. And my super blue stretch is also in the mail.

Bradley Folder & Super Blue Stretch

Scooped up one of the last Zulus sittin on the shelves. She'll be here Saturday! Pretty pumped! #6 in the Spydie realm, and no signs of stopping...

It would appear I'm not alone in this, but I now have a Green P2 on the way. It's surprise-knife-Thursday apparently.

Spyderco Forum Registered User LC Kid's Avatar
    ^^ Ditto ^^
    Stay Sharp!

Waiting on my 2nd Spyderco and 1st PM2. It's killing me.

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Kid View Post
    ^^ Ditto ^^
    What he said
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User opusxpn's Avatar
    Finally got my Pacific Salt cool knife, I need to slow down a bit I got kind of excited this month and spent more than I was supposed to, so my wallet needs a break unless is a super deal. If Manbug or Dragonfly super blue become available.Name:  pacificsalt.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  83.7 KB
    Keep 'em sharpEndura4 (blk all edges, brwn, FG, SB, RG ZDP, blk tac, wave) Salt1 (blk, yllw PE H1)Tasman(yllw SE H1) Pacific salt(blk SE H1) Stretch(ZDP, SB) Delica4(blk CE, wave, SB) Drgfly2(yllw SE H1, org PE,SB PE) Pingo(blk) Cat G10(blk) Centofante3 Ldybg3(FG,SB,Hwk yllw H1, tan H1, blk) Manbug (blk SE, SB) Manix2(Ltw trans blue PE, G10 PE, Ltw dark blue frn) Para2(dig/satin, blk/satin) Military(Cru-Wear) Resilience, Tenacious(blk CE,grn PE), K04 Blk PE, K04 Blue SE, Byrd Robin2 G10

Spyderco Forum Registered User Spydersense's Avatar
    My trade trio came in today. I'm digging the D4 wave.

Time for another !

-Matt