Thread: Can we get the "go to first unread" feature now?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar

Can we get the "go to first unread" feature now?

Just a suggestion, but that's one of my favorite features on some forums I frequent, it makes navigating multi page threads so much easier. Is that an option now on this version?

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Spyderco Forum Registered User this_is_nascar's Avatar
    I don't understand. There's already been a "Go To First New Post" option for each thread.
    "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". --- Wayne LaPierre 12/21/2012

Spyderco Forum Registered User JBE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil D View Post
    Just a suggestion, but that's one of my favorite features on some forums I frequent, it makes navigating multi page threads so much easier. Is that an option now on this version?
    Go to the little "square" in the top right corner near the search "glass" and click on it. It will take you to a page that will give an option to click on "What's New" along with several other forum options.

ETA: If you look on the bottom there is also an option to click on called "View Full Site" and it will take you back to the traditional-appearing forum and the "New Post" button is in the same place it used to be.

NVM....I misunderstood what you were asking
    Last edited by JBE; 03-18-2014 at 12:10 PM.

Hi David,
    It's there... but apparently only for admin. I'll have to do some digging to find out why. It'll take a little time, but I'll get to it. ;)
    There is nothing more important than this one day.

Again, I must be missing what you're looking for. Here's how I use the forum everyday to 1) list all the newly updated threads and 2) started at the 1st unread message of each new thread.

"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". --- Wayne LaPierre 12/21/2012

Quote Originally Posted by TazKristi View Post
    Hi David,
    It's there... but apparently only for admin. I'll have to do some digging to find out why. It'll take a little time, but I'll get to it.
    Awesome thanks Kristy! I know about the square but this is different than that. When you click a thread it immediately takes you to where you last were in the thread.

~David

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    Isn't it this one, with the green arrow?

-Brian
    A distinguished lurker.
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

Yes that's the box but I'm not talking about that. You guys must not have been on any newer forums. Go to Stangnet.com and register an account, flip through a long thread then close the window, go back and open that thread again just by clicking the title and it takes you right back to where you left off. It's a built in feature. I can't really explain it any better than that. I'm pretty sure Kristy knows what I'm talking about. The blue box takes you to the LAST post in a thread, not the last one you saw.

~David

Yes that's the box but I'm not talking about that. You guys must not have been on any newer forums. Go to Stangnet.com and register an account, flip through a long thread then close the window, go back and open that thread again just by clicking the title and it takes you right back to where you left off. It's a built in feature. I can't really explain it any better than that. I'm pretty sure Kristy knows what I'm talking about. The blue box takes you to the LAST post in a thread, not the last one you saw.

What I posted takes you to the 1st unread message, every time.

I understand what you're saying now. Yes, I've seen that too. I'm so used to clicking the blue-circle to go the 1st unread message of each thread, that's it's second nature to do so.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    Then, how do you go to the beginning of the thread?
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker.
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post

I'd expect, once you're in the thread, you have to select the page number you want to go to or "First".

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    Hit whatever page number you want, but honestly how often do you go back to the beginning of a thread you've already read? Which would be more convenient, going to the first page every time or one click to the last post you read?

~David

Quote Originally Posted by this_is_nascar View Post
    Again, I must be missing what you're looking for. Here's how I use the forum everyday to 1) list all the newly updated threads and 2) started at the 1st unread message of each new thread.

I was posting from my phone earlier and completely missed this. That indeed does what I'm talking about, and I can live with that if the other option isn't doable. I hadn't noticed that since the new upgrade and don't recall it being on the old version? Anyway, what I'm talking about does exactly what that little blue button does, it's just integrated right into the link, but either way it gets the job done. I guess this way anyone who really wants to sift through 20 pages can do so if they like and I still get the easy button lol.

~David

Glad you saw it. Yes,that feature was there even prior to the upgrade.