Thread: Report Forum Issues Related to Upgrade (Mar-2014) Here

Report Forum Issues Related to Upgrade (Mar-2014) Here

Please post any issues that you encounter related to the forum upgrade (Mar-2014) here. Thanks much!
    There is nothing more important than this one day.

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Deacon's Avatar
    Minor point - the Forum Tools and Thread Tools drop down menus are hard to read (dark grey lettering on a black background)

Really minor point, but would it be possible to reduce the white space between the end of a post and our signature lines?
    Last edited by The Deacon; 03-18-2014 at 04:19 AM.
    Paul
    My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
    Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
    WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Kristi, I did notice yesterday and again today that the member list is not populating under the community heading.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

In addition to still defaulting to Search Multiple Content Types, there are two issues on the Advanced Search page.

One is major, the way the page renders in Search Single Content Type prevents access to some options (# of posts, date range). The other is the same minor one noted in my earlier post, some text is rendered in dark gey on a black background making it difficult to read.

Also noted that, when trying to upload a photo, only the "basic uploader" function works and that the Preview Post window also renders dark grey text on a black background..

example_004.jpg
    Paul
    My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    I was going to post that the advanced search looks funny, but Deacon already did that.
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker.
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

Spyderco Forum Registered User David Lowry's Avatar
    Not sure if what Paul said covers this but here is what I get when I do an advanced search. Notice the warnings at the top and the check boxes that are between rows etc. Thanks much!

- - - -
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss

Spyderco Forum Registered User paladin's Avatar
    Since the upgrade my color scheme is black & gray & white...some of the subheadings are dark gray lettering in a black background...really hard to read. Basically, the same issue Paul & others have noticed. Is there a way I can change color scheme?
    Have Kiwi, will travel...wire Paladin...Hotel Carlton, San Francisco

Spyderco Forum Registered User tlo14290's Avatar
    Hi, Kristi! On most of the threads, when I click on the link to go to the thread, I get a page of HTML. This only occurs on my iPad Mini in Chrome, not in Safari, and not on my iPhone at all. Weird, huh? I updated to the latest iteration of Chrome, no change. No big thing, I'll just use Safari for awhile!

Terry

Spyderco Forum Registered User David Lowry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David Lowry View Post
    Not sure if what Paul said covers this but here is what I get when I do an advanced search. Notice the warnings at the top and the check boxes that are between rows etc. Thanks much!

Just wanted to add that I am still seeing the weird errors and overlapping text when I go to the Advanced Search page in Google Chrome. Anyone else seeing this?
    - - - -
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by David Lowry View Post
    Just wanted to add that I am still seeing the weird errors and overlapping text when I go to the Advanced Search page in Google Chrome. Anyone else seeing this?
    Yes David, the layout weirdness/overlaps are still there in the most current versions of IE, Chrome, and Firefox on my Win 7 and Win Vista PCs. Still seeing the error messages that you caught as well. I originally missed those, the dark grey text on black is hard for me to see, especially when it's not something I'm expecting and trying to find. Member list is still empty as well, although I don't recall that working in the last vBulletin version either.
    Paul