Thread: Endura? Jandura? Ripoff? Regrind!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Liquid Cobra's Avatar

Arrow Endura? Jandura? Ripoff? Regrind!

So I went to town on my Endura with some sandpaper in an attempt to recreate the Jandura look. I'm pretty happy with the results. It took a while to remove all that metal by hand so I took short breaks. I'd still say it needs to be cleaned up a bit but I'm happy overall. It's taken my old Endura which I honestly don't have much interest in and breathed new life into it. My Endura/Delica just can't compete for pocket time up against the rest of my lineup.

Easy fun mod if you're bored. That said, I'd still prefer to get my hands on one of the Kahr Delicas when they become available.

Queue the crappy cell phone pics!

[
    Top 3 's: Lum Tanto Folder, Yojimbo 2, Para-Military 2
    Coming Soon Wish List: Yojimbo 2 CF S90V PREORDERED!!!, Kiwi 4, K2, Roadie, Dog Tag Folder, Lum Tanto Fixed
    On The Fence: Rubicon, Roc, PITS, Native 5 (G10), Caly 3.5 CF
    Most recently acquired: Lava, Para-Military 2 CPM-S35VN, Domino CTS-204P, Bob Lum Tanto Folder Black on Black, Manix 2 Cruwear, Kahr Delica, G10 UKPK's, Black Southard,Para-Military 2 Elmax, Para-Military 2 CTS 204P
    Grail: A.T.R.

Spyderco Forum Registered User SolidState's Avatar
    Nice work! Good work maintaining the flat. That's pretty hard to do by hand.
    "Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
    Sir Humphry Davy

Spyderco Forum Registered User DedRok's Avatar
    How does the spine look?

I love the blade shape!
    Spyderco please make a wire clip version of the Manbug/Ladybug!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Clip's Avatar
    That looks nice! Post a pic when closed please.
    Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly3, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, M390 Para2, Cruwear MT12, Techno, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, Manix2 Ltwt, Salt I, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Forum Native5, Squeak, Manix 83mm, 440V Military, Gayle Bradley, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, Cruwear Military, VG10 Jester, Terzuola SlipIt, XHP Native Ltwt, Domino, CPM154/S90V Para2, SB Stretch, D2 Para, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    That's sick!
    Own: C81GPBN2 x 2, C11FPGY
    Wanted: FB30GP, C180GP, C10FPBN, C11FPBN & Shirley-Owens ARK

Double post
    Coming Soon Wish List: Yojimbo 2 CF S90V PREORDERED!!!, Kiwi 4, K2, Roadie, Dog Tag Folder, Lum Tanto Fixed
    Most recently acquired: Lava, Para-Military 2 CPM-S35VN, Domino CTS-204P, Bob Lum Tanto Folder Black on Black, Manix 2 Cruwear, Kahr Delica, G10 UKPK's, Black Southard,Para-Military 2 Elmax, Para-Military 2 CTS 204P

Very tricky to photograph the spine with a cell phone camera. But I think you were wondering how rough it looks. It doesn't look tough at all, I work my way up the grits to get the finish I want.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Ned's Avatar
    That is really cool! Nice mod!
    C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13

Spyderco Forum Registered User Officer Gigglez's Avatar
    Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.
    Quote Originally Posted by SolidState View Post
    Nice work! Good work maintaining the flat. That's pretty hard to do by hand.
    Indeed. I have a hell of a time doing that when I'm sanding bolsters and guards. Takes me a long time to get them to satisfactory.
    Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
    -Tenacious G-10, Combo edge
    -Tasman Salt, PE
    -Persistence Limited Edition Blue G-10, PE
    -Pacific Salt, Black, PE
    -Delica 4, Grey FRN, Emerson Wave, PE
    -Karahawk collector's club #015, Custom Scales, Emerson Wave, PE
    -DiAlex Junior, G10, PE
    -Byrd SS Crossbill, PE, Custom Engraved

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    I like it!