Thread: Wiha Torx Screwdrivers

Spyderco Forum Registered User Revival's Avatar

Wiha Torx Screwdrivers

Ok so Mad Rook's nano oil thread reminded me that I need to get some Wiha Screwdrivers. As I like to overthink these things, I cant decide if I want to get the Precision screwdriver with the torx bits or get the set of the individual torx screwdrivers. They are priced about the same (around $30) but still exploring my options.

For those of you with the Wiha screwdrivers, which one do you have? Any of you have experience with both? Im sure both will be fine but I need help making up my mind.

Pictures are always great

Spyderco Forum Registered User bh49's Avatar
    this is the set, which I use for my knives
    http://www.amazon.com/Wiha-36392-L-W...=wiha+torx+set
    it is about $15 and has all drivers, which I need from T6 to T20
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell
    Any knife without Spyderhole is defective.
    My top choices Native5, G10/VG10 Caly 3.5/3 & C83 Persian Black micarta/bolsters

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Deacon's Avatar
    I have the same set as bh49. It's fine, if used properly. However, there's the temptation to use the driver on the short leg of the handle, especially if a screw is reluctant to turn and, especially with the smaller sizes like T-6, doing so makes it much easier to damage a screw. The other issue is that it lacks a T-5 driver and some of the new, smaller, Spydercos have T-5 fasteners.
    Paul
    My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
    Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
    WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Same as Roman and Paul above. Well constructed and precision ground. I have had zero stripping issues with any of my fasteners since purchasing these.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    I have a t6 and t8. I don't need the whole set. They work well and don't strip screws.

Spyderco Forum Registered User LC Kid's Avatar

Thumbs up Best Ever Torx Set

Hi Mr. Revival!

Mine is this:

Simply the best Torx set ever. By Far!

@ Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Wiha-36392-L-W...=wiha+torx+set
    Stay Sharp!

Hey thanks for the replies. So none of you actually have the screwdriver sets? Like these:

Wiha 75792 11-Piece System 4 Torx Precision Interchangeable Bit Set in Compact Case by ... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000T9SMYS/..._E7cdtb1B8SZE8

Or

Wiha 36291 Screwdriver Set, Torx, 6 Piece by Wiha http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002C582AQ/..._x8cdtb173RM8A

Spyderco Forum Registered User jabba359's Avatar
    I like that 11-piece kit. It has the T5 that a lot of the other ones lack. I've been seriously considering a Wiha set, but just haven't clicked on the "Buy' button yet.
    -Kyle

On the Fence: Tuff, Techno
    Latest arrivals: Des Horn, Dialex Junior, Super Blue Manbug

This is the other set I have been considering too. Not Wiha but Wera. From my understating, Wera is just as good as Wiha but I haven't owned either so I don't know. Its has the T5 too.

Wera KK 11 ESD Compact Bitholder/Bit Set, 10-Piece by Wera http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0015535OW/..._v6edtb1Z6HS07

Spyderco Forum Registered User Pinetreebbs's Avatar
    I like a screwdriver configuration as it helps prevent over torquing. I purchased the Wiha 26799 8-Piece Torx Screwdriver Set.
    The eight piece set includes T3, T4, T5, T6, T7, T8, T9, T10 drivers and a canvas tool roll.
    Have you joined Knife Rights yet? Go to: www.KnifeRights.org
    Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.

Spyderco Forum Registered User 78lilred's Avatar
    Blue set of the screwdrivers, works great.
    M390 Para2, CTS-XHP Para2, CTS-204P Para2, Gayle Bradley, Techno, Bob T Slipit, M390 Mule, Southard, Southfork, Air, Tuff, ZDP Caly 3.5.