Thread: Janisong

Spyderco Forum Registered User

Janisong

watched the tatanka video and noticed the Janisong in the case or something that looked a lot like it. I've been waiting for this knife for many years. Longer than i have the Szabo folder. Please tell me it's coming soon. Posting this here because i'm guessing it will be a restricted model. If it's in the SHOT case it can't be too far off right? I know a lot of people would love to see this knife come out. I know spyderco is doing everything they can to keep up with demand but throw me a bone here.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Chris_H's Avatar
    I think it is slated to be manufactured out of the Taiwan facility. Unfortunately for the U.S. market, it won't be available because of import restrictions/issues. The only way we'll see it in the U.S. is if manufacturing of the Janisong is also added to the new facility being built later in this year/early 2015.
    "All your are belong to us."
    ** WTC # 1032 1533 **

Hoping that isn't the case. I'm curious about the legality of it. Technically it's not a balisong or a switchblade. It does have a slider to keep it locked closed and open but it's not propelled by anything. So if the classification for it isn't restricted Taiwan is fine by me.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Chris_H's Avatar
    "Technically" has had bad consequences before when dealing with lettered government agencies. Yeah, I'm fine with Taiwan construction too if we can get it imported legally here.
    "All your are belong to us."
    ** WTC # 1032 1533 **

Sal, is there any more news about the Jani-song that you can share with us at this time ? I have been following this development for years after having met Michael Janich at Blade Show. I have been privileged to have handled the original Jani-song at length. I would very much like to buy one at release since I can legally carry knives like that in my state. I figured I would just reply here instead of making another thread.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Bradley's Avatar
    I'm also interested!
    New:
    Dodo
    Smallfly
    Para 2
    S110V Mule

Soon:
    S90V CF Yo 2

Spyderco Forum Registered User fifthprofession47's Avatar
    I'm in...hope it finds its way to the US market! I have an original but would love to get the Spyderco model!
    "One is none and two is one"

Martial Blade Concepts - Associate Instructor

http://www.martialbladeconcepts.com/