Thread: Email notices when posts are made to threads I'm subscribed to not working.

Spyderco Forum Registered User jackknifeh's Avatar

Email notices when posts are made to threads I'm subscribed to not working.

I have stopped getting emails when someone posts to a thread I posted to previously or started. I have checked these settings and they seem to be correct. Also, I hadn't made any changes to my setting. Need help.

Jack

My EDC for a while. Stretch with carbon fiber handle, Chaparral 2, Dragonfly 2 with kirinite MOP handle, Manbug with bolster/red bone handle. Super blue/420J1 blades on all three (except Chaparral).

Hi Jack,
    I haven't heard from anyone else regarding an issue with notification e-mails. I tested it, and it worked so I couldn't duplicate any issue. I also looked at your settings from the backside of the forum and didn't see any issues there. I would check with your e-mail provider to see if there is an issue. Perhaps they're getting stuck in a spam filter? Depending upon your provider it might be stronger settings than previously used on their part. I'm sorry, I wish I had a solution for you.

Rodloos replied to your thread about this in Off-Topic, and his notifications seem to be working. So, that's another indication that it's something on your providers end.

Kristi
    There is nothing more important than this one day.

Spyderco Forum Registered User jackknifeh's Avatar
    Guess what? NOTHING in my spam folder even though it says there is number of messages. But they aren't there. I do get the auto emails from a couple of other forums. This is wierd. I'll send a message to yahoo to see if they can see messages even if they don't get routed into my inbox. Maybe they can see what planet they end up on. We'll see what happens. Thanks for checking.

Jack

My EDC for a while. Stretch with carbon fiber handle, Chaparral 2, Dragonfly 2 with kirinite MOP handle, Manbug with bolster/red bone handle. Super blue/420J1 blades on all three (except Chaparral).