Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Shot Show 2014?

Spyderco Forum Registered User bh49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    It makes me think that they need some break in to operate well.
    I would expect a little better than this from a knife in this price rage, especially made in Italy.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell
    Any knife without Spyderhole is defective.
    My top choices Native5, G10/VG10 Caly 3.5/3 & C83 Persian Black micarta/bolsters

Spyderco Forum Registered User gbelleh's Avatar
    There seem to have been some inconsistencies in the Lion Spy's workmanship. I also seem to remember a delay in the initial batch due to a machining issue. I apparently got a good one though. It's been smooth and solid from day one. With no fit and finish issues. Hopefully the Lil Lion Spy will be squared away from the start.

I know Lion Steel is totally capable of producing first rate quality. I have an SR-1 and SR-2 (aluminum versions), and the fit and finish are impeccable.
    My New Gear Review YouTube Channel

Latest Spydies: Lum Tanto FB Sprint, Green CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule, 2013 Forum Native 5, Domino, Blue G-10 Lava, Cruwear Military, Swick 3, Jot Singh Khalsa sprint, Hungarian Folder, CF S90V Manix 2 XL, Fluted Ti Military, Fluted Ti Native 5, Nilakka, Brown XHP Native, Equilibrium, Street Bowie, Lil Matriarch, Cat

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post

While I am not Kyle, I did stay at a Holiday in Express last night.
    Haha, while I'm not Einstein, I finally figured that out. I was thinking, Doh did he go to Las Vegas?
    MY SPYDIE LIST (on profile page)
    Want List: 4V Mule; New Stretch prototype CF-slab/ZDP test sprint! (or left over super blue if any happens to be lying around!); Military 2

When I was talking about the Kiwi4 above, I should have mentioned, for the benefit of those who don't have the new catalog yet, it also has black "textured" G-10 (the usual peel-ply I guess?), a 2.94-inch VG-10 blade, full SS liners, and backlock, as well as the two-way, tip-up wire clip.
    Want List: 4V Mule; New Stretch prototype CF-slab/ZDP test sprint! (or left over super blue if any happens to be lying around!); Military 2

Spyderco Forum Registered User defenestrate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DougC-3 View Post
    What's a hunker
    A thing you may hanker for if it were, indeed, full of cheese.
    I don't get mad. I get..Stabby.
    -Fat Tony

Spyderco Forum Registered User gbelleh's Avatar
    I hanker for a hunka, a slab or slice or chunka, I hanker for a hunka cheese!
    My New Gear Review YouTube Channel

Latest Spydies: Lum Tanto FB Sprint, Green CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule, 2013 Forum Native 5, Domino, Blue G-10 Lava, Cruwear Military, Swick 3, Jot Singh Khalsa sprint, Hungarian Folder, CF S90V Manix 2 XL, Fluted Ti Military, Fluted Ti Native 5, Nilakka, Brown XHP Native, Equilibrium, Street Bowie, Lil Matriarch, Cat

Spyderco Forum Registered User jabba359's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bh49 View Post
    Kyle,
    We do not know the whole story. Like you I saw LionSpy with big discount and will not be surprise, if it will be discontinued soon. The same happened with C83 Persian, which was replaced by C105 75 mm model. Will wait and see.
    BTW, how do you like LionSpy. I was able to handle one on the knife show and lock was very stiff.
    The lock on mine is stiff as well. I pretty much have to use two hands to unlock it. I also find it difficult to pull out of my pocket, also requiring two hands on occasion. That said, once open it is very comfortable and fits my hand well. The materials and craftsmanship are excellent. Mine came fairly dull, however, but was brought to shaving sharp in just a few minutes on my Sharpmaker. I'm not a huge fan of blades without a point, but I knew that it didn't have a point when I bought it, so the lack of a tip was expected. Of all my knives, this one feels the closest to being a fixed blade when open. It locks up solid and if there is any doubt, I can engage the Rotolock. I'm glad I got it, but it certainly isn't without its quirks.
    -Kyle

On the Fence: Tuff, Techno
    Latest arrivals: Super Blue Delica, G-10 BlackHawk, S110V Mule

Spyderco Forum Registered User glbpro's Avatar
    Another shot show 2014 video, this time with Michael Janich featuring the Tatanka:

Regards,
    Bruno

"Each of the builders wore his sword at his side as he worked." - Nehemiah 4:18

Spyderco Forum Registered User RadioactiveSpyder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioactiveSpyder View Post
    ...I did my own guesstimates on just the blade lengths of the Kiwi and Spy-DK in that pic and the dimensions listed for these knives in the 2014 catalog. Per my measurements, the Dice's blade edge is about 2.2-2.25" long and the overall blade length is ~2.5" tip to edge of scale and ~2.6" tip to edge of choil. With the Domino's blade dimensions at 2.89" edge and 3.13" blade length, it makes the Dice the ~25% smaller counterpart of the Domino (i.e., it's 75% as large as its bigger brother). Didn't measure the handle specs, but that's what I got from my measurements, with some admitted error likely on my own part (hopefully not too far off though!).
    Hi everyone, I tried to make some estimates again of the Dice dimensions compared to the Domino from pics of both from the National Knives and KnifeCenter websites. I think they give a decent representation of the relative sizes. I matched various items such as the spyderhole, bolts, and CF check pattern sizing to match them. Specs for the Domino were per Spyderco's website.

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. Stephen King

Spyderco Forum Registered User Liquid Cobra's Avatar
    That's some excellent sleuthing! Thanks.
    Para-Military 2 satin camo, P'kal, Matriarch 2, Squeak, Endura 4, Delica 4, Jason Breeden Rescue, Orange Dodo, Dragonfly 2, Yojimbo 2, Manix 2 DLC Black, UKPK, Ulize, Lum Tanto Folder Grey, Caly 3.5, Swick 3, Bug, Grey G10 Jester, Military CPM Cru-Wear, Karahawk, Ladybug, Caly 3 Super Blue, Bradley Folder, Starmate, Ladybug Super Blue, Urban, Para-Military 2 CPM 154/S90V, Caly 3.5 Super Blue, Para-Military 2 CTS-204P

Bring back the A.T.R!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Stuart Ackerman's Avatar
    Whole lotta new stuff going on!
    Last edited by Stuart Ackerman; 02-05-2014 at 01:47 PM.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Popsickle's Avatar
    Good lord after watching a video on the tatanka I've come to the conclusion that it's just ridiculous lol..... Who needs a folder that big??? Great looking design but far too large..... Scale it down a bit and I think you would have an absolute winner with anything under 4" blade

Spyderco Forum Registered User glbpro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Popsickle View Post
    Good lord after watching a video on the tatanka I've come to the conclusion that it's just ridiculous lol..... Who needs a folder that big??? Great looking design but far too large..... Scale it down a bit and I think you would have an absolute winner with anything under 4" blade
    Pocket sword baby! Think folding bowie knife!
    Regards,
    Bruno

"Each of the builders wore his sword at his side as he worked." - Nehemiah 4:18

Quote Originally Posted by Popsickle View Post
    That sounds great except for one thing -- it would defeat the whole purpose of the knife which was to provide a super big knife for the people who keep asking for one . You could amaze and amuse your friends and be the life of the party

Is that a Tatanka in your pocket? Or, are you just happy to see me?

the tatanka is the coolest new knife out there bar none I only with it came in brown

... or wood or something else exoitic.