Thread: The Seller Needs Some Edgeucation

Spyderco Forum Registered User MountainManJim's Avatar

The Seller Needs Some Edgeucation

This seller refuses to pull this item and is ticking me off, so please help me by contacting them with your displeasure:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPYDERCO-FOL...item3a898091c1

Jim
    I Like Sharp Things

Current Favorite: Caly 3.5, Super Blue. We're done here. It doesn't get better than the Caly 3.5

Ezekiel 4:12

Spyderco Forum Registered User demoncase's Avatar
    You can't educate pork.

I can write 'Ferrari' on the back of my Ford and it won't make it so
    Nothing in his pockets except knives and lint....

So, has anyone else contacted this seller or reported this item??? It kills me that this cheap fake is going to sell for more than $56.

Jim
    I Like Sharp Things

Current Favorite: Caly 3.5, Super Blue. We're done here. It doesn't get better than the Caly 3.5

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainManJim View Post
    So, has anyone else contacted this seller or reported this item??? It kills me that this cheap fake is going to sell for more than $56.

Jim
    I reported shortly after you posted the link. I think the funniest part is the "used but like new" disclaimer. It's not only a fake, but it likely has already seen some of it's short useable lifespan gone.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User THE PUNISHER's Avatar
    WOW what a pos.
    <--------------------<<<< >>>>-------------------->
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR LIFE TO A POS

This case really illustrates the danger of being an uninformed consumer. Several people are bidding on this knife which to be low quality, but it's badged as a Spyderco which equals quality. I feel bad for the guy that wins this knife and than try to returned to Spyderco for a warranty claim.

In my conversation with the sell, he believe that the knife is very high quality and believes that he found this model on the company's website Truly the uninformed selling the even more uninformed. Doesn't anyone know how to goggle anything? Both seller and buyer, don't you think you do a little research before you set a price or bid on an item?

It kills me. This seller is going to make a great profit on this and will learn nothing from this except that a sucker is born ever minute.
    I Like Sharp Things

Xceptnl, thanks for you help.

Jim
    I Like Sharp Things

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainManJim View Post
    Xceptnl, thanks for you help.

Jim
    No problem. It likely will not do a bit of good. I report a dozen or so a week and see the same sellers putting up the same items time and time again.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    I also reported as a counterfeit and tried to edgeucate the seller as well. He just replied with a "thanks for the info"

Geez, how many reports to eBay does it take for them to get the seller to pull a listing??

I had thought that this was a good guy but uninformed. Clearly he buys collectible cheap and then tries get as much as he can on eBay. Doesn't seem interested in being honest. Makes you hate people.

Jim
    I Like Sharp Things

I Like Sharp Things

Good news

The seller posted additional info that the knife might be a fake. I take back all the bad things I said. Though I'm still a little annoyed that he does believe me that it's a fake.

Jim
    I Like Sharp Things