Thread: Image attachment showing up as a link instead of a picture

Spyderco Forum Registered User jabba359's Avatar

Image attachment showing up as a link instead of a picture

Sometimes when I use the "Insert Image" function it shows up as a link instead of displaying the picture. Other times it works fine and just shows the picture in the post instead of making people click to view it. I can't figure out why it displays the picture at times, but a link at others. Oftentimes, it will even display the picture when I post and then the next time I refresh the page, it has become a link instead.

Now, I know I can host images elsewhere and just use the IMAGE tags to direct link to the hosted pictures, but sometimes I like to upload straight to the forum, as you never know if the free image host providers are going to be around in ten years. On the older threads especially, I see blank spots where the pictures were formerly but that have now been moved or the host folded or something. I figure that if the pictures are hosted directly with Spyderco, then the images will be around for as long as the forum is.

Anyway, does anyone know how to make my images appear every time instead of becoming links when uploaded to the Spyderco forum?
    -Kyle

On the Fence: Tuff, Techno
    Latest arrivals: Des Horn, Dialex Junior, Super Blue Manbug

Spyderco Forum Registered User Ned's Avatar
    Sorry to zombify this old thread, but I have the same question and don't see an answer anywhere...
    C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13

Spyderco Forum Registered User timlara's Avatar
    I don't post many pictures, but when I do, I use a free service called imgur.

Go to imgur.com, then:

After you've uploaded your image, you can edit it / crop if you want, otherwise if it looks good, you can just copy/paste the "BBCode" link provided into your message post.