I happen to enjoy sushi, but I was speaking with someone who is in the medical field, and they told me sushi horror stories, about people getting sick from parasitic worms and other bugs from improperly prepared and overlooked sushi. But I guess this could apply to any food: If there is good quality control and things are kept fresh then one should not fear it. But I also wonder about the heavy metal content. I have heard of people getting mercury poisoning from eating too much sushi and even canned tuna.
What are your thoughts on this everyone?