Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've got a son!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Liquid Cobra's Avatar

I've got a son!

This morning my wife and I welcomed our second child into the world. He's a happy and healthy baby boy. As I sat there with him while my wife was in recovery I was
    taking photo after photo so that I could share the moment with my family abroad. Then it occurred to me to snap one for the forum. It may seem silly to many of you but I thought to myself, why not share this moment of happiness with the forum? I spend so much time here learning from all of you through your knowledge and generosity, this seemed like a chance to share back. So below I've posted a photo of my new son with part of my edc for the day. Remember to take the time to appreciate and share the important things in life, like a healthy baby!

I hope no one takes offence to the image of a pocket knife with an infant. I was very quick and careful.

Para-Military 2 satin camo, P'kal, Matriarch 2, Squeak, Endura 4, Delica 4, Jason Breeden Rescue, Orange Dodo, Dragonfly 2, Yojimbo 2, Manix 2 DLC Black, UKPK, Ulize, Lum Tanto Folder Grey, Caly 3.5, Swick 3, Bug, Grey G10 Jester, Military CPM Cru-Wear, Karahawk, Ladybug, Caly 3 Super Blue, Bradley Folder, Starmate, Ladybug Super Blue, Urban, Para-Military 2 CPM 154/S90V, Caly 3.5 Super Blue, Para-Military 2 CTS-204P

Bring back the A.T.R!

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Great day for you and thanks for remembering your extended family here. Cheers!

(Also hope momma is doing alright.)
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawks, D'fly (H1,G-10), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V[2],XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleaf, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Caly (JR's,3,3.5-SB), D3, Para-2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescue, Dyad Jr, Pingo, Southard, AIR, Jess Horn, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II
    Mules> MT05,08,09,12,15,16,17, 18

*Landon*

Thanks Xceptnl! She is doing great, everything is going so well it's just amazing.
    Para-Military 2 satin camo, P'kal, Matriarch 2, Squeak, Endura 4, Delica 4, Jason Breeden Rescue, Orange Dodo, Dragonfly 2, Yojimbo 2, Manix 2 DLC Black, UKPK, Ulize, Lum Tanto Folder Grey, Caly 3.5, Swick 3, Bug, Grey G10 Jester, Military CPM Cru-Wear, Karahawk, Ladybug, Caly 3 Super Blue, Bradley Folder, Starmate, Ladybug Super Blue, Urban, Para-Military 2 CPM 154/S90V, Caly 3.5 Super Blue, Para-Military 2 CTS-204P

Bring back the A.T.R!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Blerv's Avatar
    Congrats!!!
    Blake

Listing of Blade-Length Laws by State/County (Not My Website)
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USKnife.pdf

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    Congrats man! He's a cute little bugger! If I could do it over again, I would cut the cord with a knife and gift it to him when he's older. I know someone on here did this not long ago.

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Spyderco Forum Registered User OldSarSwmr's Avatar
    Congrats! He sure looks content. Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

Dan

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Congratulations on your blessings of health to the baby and your wife! That looks like the Baby's manix2 XL. Look at the size of that knife! I never thought the DoDo could look so big!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Blue Possum's Avatar
    Congratulations !!

Great picture and heart felt words.

I hope your not to fond of that knife. I think it left to a forum vote, when it comes time, this one needs to be gifted to your son. It appears you have a range of different spyderco's, I am sure one day he will have his own.

Enjoy every moment - even the long sleepless ones. Merry Christmas !!
    Blue Possum

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Possum View Post
    I hope your not to fond of that knife. I think it left to a forum vote, when it comes time, this one needs to be gifted to your son. It appears you have a range of different spyderco's, I am sure one day he will have his own.
    You are absolutely right! I'll have have to give it to him someday since it was in the photo Kinda makes me glad I didn't throw my Yojimbo 2 in the shot lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil D View Post
    Congrats man! He's a cute little bugger! If I could do it over again, I would cut the cord with a knife and gift it to him when he's older. I know someone on here did this not long ago.
    I thought about using the Swick 3 seeing how it's linerless so they would be able to sterilize it but I thought it might be too weird to ask. I was certainly tempted.

Seriously, thank you all for the kind words. What a great forum filled with great people.

Bring back the A.T.R!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Johnny88's Avatar
    The DoDo is no longer yours only fair that it goes in his baby box of keepsakes,lol.......Congrats to you and your wife!

Spyderco Forum Registered User M80's Avatar
    Congrats hes adorable oh and that dodo looks huge XD

Congrats, and take take care of him !
    Plain Edge Friendly !
    Favorite ones : 1- Native (+ Poliwog) 2- J.S.Khalsa 3- H.Viele & Dragonfly
    ~~ Still looking for the Native C41PBBK ! ~~

Spyderco Forum Registered User MadRookie's Avatar
    Congratulations!

Agreed, put that knife in the drawer until it is duly handed to the new keeper....with interest of course....a PM2 maybe....?

Thank you for sharing this wonderful event with us.

God Bless.

Rookie.

Spyderco Forum Registered User DRKBC's Avatar
    Our little girl is 10 now and man I can't believe how quickly the time has past, It has been the best 10 years of our lives. Congratulations to you both, I hope you treasure him every day.

Great News! Congratulations for whole family esspecialy for a proud Mother
    and first of all ... a lots of health for a newborn baby
    My 's: Military Camo, Paramilitary 2 CTS-XHP Orange, Paramilitary 2 CTS-204P Green, Endura 4 ZDP-189 ComboEdge BRG, Endura 4 ZDP-189 FFG BRG, Manix 2 Lightweight Blue, Caly 3 G-10, Salt 1 Yellow, Ulize, Manix I C95, Manix 2 XL S90v CF

Pretty baby with a pretty blade

Spyderco Forum Registered User phillipsted's Avatar
    Congrats, Cobra! Beautiful boy you have there!

TedP
    Worry less - Breathe more...

My trusted companion, a Spyderco Solo SoO1PS, black micarta, Peter Atwood Lanslide, capped off with a diamond knot.
    Spydie Fanatic #185

Spyderco Forum Registered User jmh58's Avatar
    Congrats!!! As you know.. They grow too fast!! Merry Christmas to you and Mom!! KOOL gift you got there!! NONE better!!! John
    A great rabbit chase ends with a.. BANG!!!

Never too old to relive your youth!!

Life is to short to carry a cheap knife!!!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    Congrats. I wish you and your new son the best of health and luck.
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker.
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

Spyderco Forum Registered User Stuart Ackerman's Avatar
    That smile is because he thinks it is his first knife...

Congrats to you and your family, and especially your wife...