Thread: Just not the same...

Spyderco Forum Registered User

Just not the same...

I lost my first Delica and picked up another one to replace it. But it just doesn't feel the same. It's stiff and just doesn't have the smoothness I was able to get my first one to.

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Hopefully given a little bit of time and use it will break in and become a suitable replacement for the Delica you lost. As for the lost Delica, lets hope it ends up in the hands of someone who will recognize the knife for what it is and give it a suitable home.
    Current : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    I lost my first Delica and picked up another one to replace it. But it just doesn't feel the same. It's stiff and just doesn't have the smoothness I was able to get my first one to.
    I have many Delicas and can completely see your point. Some of mine are still new and they feel so stiff compared to my users.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User Fresh Eddie Fresh's Avatar
    Give it some time, it should break in.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    It'll break in, but it will never be the same if the first one held any sentimental value
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User Screwdriver's Avatar
    I bought an Endura Wave in 2006 and EDC'd it for years. Knife went to places like Japan, Germany and Switzerland (Yeah, I know that was stupid). Went on camping trips, white water rafting etc. It was well worked in. I lost it about six months ago....and I know it is around my house somewhere...because I never lay my knife down without picking it back up. Never lost a knife before. So I broke down and bought another Wave and it is not the same.....Oh, well....
    PM2(Camo/Satin) Military (Safety Orange, Camo), Endura (Wave, ZDP-189, Super Blue), Gayle Bradley, Techno, Pacific Salt PE, Tasman Salt SE, Harpy, Manbug ZDP-189, Dragonfly Aus 8, Ladybug (Red with CE...1990ish), Cricket SE, Civilian.