Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nelson Mandela RIP

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    *edited*
    Last edited by TazKristi; 12-10-2013 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Please revisit our forum rules/guidelines. We do not discuss politics or religion on this forum for very good reasons.

Lol.

Same!

Spyderco Forum Registered User JNewell's Avatar
    edited, not taking the bait
    Last edited by JNewell; 12-10-2013 at 10:51 AM.

No bait, just the truth! My last post was edited because I could not even state His NAME! Just proves that man follows man!

Quote Originally Posted by eric m. View Post
    No bait, just the truth! My last post was edited because I could not even state His NAME! Just proves that man follows man!
    Eric,
    You are a relatively new member. This forum is a privately hosted/managed forum by Spyderco for Spyderco Enthusiasts. We have very few rules that we ask our members to follow. Those rules are clearly stated in the registration process and they are posted at the top of each section of the forum.

This forum is a unique community that often functions like a family. We have members from all over the world. Members with different viewpoints and beliefs. We ask that everyone be treated with respect. It is with that in mind that one of the rules we ask you to follow is to not bring religion or politics into any discussion on this forum. Those are two topics which often become very heated and are intensely personal (I believe your reaction proves that point). The original post that started this thread was simply to honor a man for whom many hold dear and respect greatly. There are some, I'm sure, who disagree with that sentiment.

I'm not choosing sides or following anyone. You have no idea what my actual opinion is on the original topic. I am however asking that you respect our rules/guidelines. We welcome your participation on our forum and truly appreciate your interest in Spyderco.

Thanks.

Kristi
    There is nothing more important than this one day.

Mandela led a party that fought an armed insurgency against a brutal, murderous, racist, apartheid government, yet when he emerged from prison he preached forgiveness and harmony negotiating a peaceful end to minority white rule, giving birth to the rainbow nation. He became the first democratically elected President of South Africa and voluntarily stepped down from office after his elected term, a rarity in African politics.

Those facts are indisputable.
    Last edited by Diamondback; 12-10-2013 at 04:27 PM.
    "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt."
    "Measure for Measure"
    -W. Shakespeare

Spyderco Forum Registered User JNewell's Avatar
    Slight correction: ...voluntarily stepped down from his office after his FIRST elected term, a rarity in African AND ALL OTHER politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Mandela led a party that fought an armed insurgency against a brutal, murderous, racist, apartheid government, yet when he emerged from prison he preached forgiveness and harmony negotiating a peaceful end to minority white rule, giving birth to the rainbow nation. He became the first democratically elected President of South Africa and voluntarily stepped down from office after his elected term, a rarity in African politics.

Those facts are indisputable.
    Last edited by JNewell; 12-10-2013 at 07:12 PM.

TazKristi, I will respect the rules of the forum, but when it was requested by a forum member that I quit posting because I had a different opinion than what was being posted, that was out of line! Thank you for monitoring this forum. My last post was not directed at you deleting my post, but the tone of thread in general. Sorry for the misunderstanding! The reason I joined was because of your knives and the knowledge of those on this Forum! Thank you and have a Merry Christmas!
    Last edited by eric m.; 12-10-2013 at 06:56 PM.