Thread: Worried about my 1st PM2

Spyderco Forum Registered User

Worried about my 1st PM2

That I won't want to carry my other knives anymore. O well, I guess there's worse problems.
    Next Spyderco: Worker Sprint, Lightweight Manix 2 S110V

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    good problem to have i carried one of my 8 para2's for 1.5 years, then got bored and sold all but 1 and only carry smaller knives now
    -----Dreaming of: M4 Bird & Trout collaboration with Phil Wilson-----

Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Delica 4, Dragonfly 2, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Natives, Sages, and Chaparrals?

Spyderco Forum Registered User ginsuwarrior's Avatar
    Yea I'm in the same boat, after manipulating compression lock, it's hard to go back to back lock.
    Military // PM 2 // Endura // Delica // Stretch // SE Tasman // SE Hawkbill Ladybug

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    I had that problem for a loooooong time. Then I got stuck on the Manix 2 for a minute, then (and now) it's the Yojimbo 2. It's partly because I like the wharnie blade, partly because I love the compression lock, but mostly because I love the ergonomics. If they ever bring out a Yojimbo with the same handle but a Para 2 or Manix 2 style blade, I probably won't ever carry another knife after it.

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Spyderco Forum Registered User gbelleh's Avatar
    I could be happy with just a Para 2 and a Caly 3.5 forever. But that doesn't stop the collection from growing.
    My New Gear Review YouTube Channel

Latest Spydies: Lum Tanto FB Sprint, Green CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule, 2013 Forum Native 5, Domino, Blue G-10 Lava, Cruwear Military, Swick 3, Jot Singh Khalsa sprint, Hungarian Folder, CF S90V Manix 2 XL, Fluted Ti Military, Fluted Ti Native 5, Nilakka, Brown XHP Native, Equilibrium, Street Bowie, Lil Matriarch, Cat

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbelleh View Post
    I could be happy with just a Para 2 and a Caly 3.5 forever. But that doesn't stop the collection from growing.
    well said i could easily live off my chaparral 2, caly3, and my gayle bradley folder. but wants > needs
    -----Dreaming of: M4 Bird & Trout collaboration with Phil Wilson-----

Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Delica 4, Dragonfly 2, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

As much as I'm looking forward to my para the sage 1 will still get time. Honestly I don't expect the para to beat the sage out in f&f. If be amaZed.

I do think the manix 2 xl will loose all it's time most likely. But who knows it's is the best ergos I've ever felt in MY hand.

Spyderco Forum Registered User glbpro's Avatar
    Don't worry, your other knives will wait patiently for you

Every thought of carrying more than one knife at a time?
    Regards,
    Bruno

"Each of the builders wore his sword at his side as he worked." - Nehemiah 4:18

Spyderco Forum Registered User Pockets's Avatar
    I could live with just my Sage 1 and Manbug SE. But I don't
    Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5

Quote Originally Posted by glbpro View Post
    Don't worry, your other knives will wait patiently for you

Every thought of carrying more than one knife at a time?
    I do when I hunt. I carry a pe and a pacific salt SE. But not every day. Seems like too much pocket room

Spyderco Forum Registered User yo mama's Avatar
    I just got my first Para2, camo handle, satin blade. One thing everyone neglects in their reviews is to focus on the weight. It's a feather compared to other blades in the same size or even smaller. I just don't know how they do it. Anyone can throw g10 and s30v together, but Spyderco really put them both together in a way that is match made in Heaven.

I'm carrying right now the Para2, which doesn't fit with my weather EDC, during Winter I'm supposed to carry the heavier blades. But I can't put the Para2 away just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by yo mama View Post
    I just got my first Para2, camo handle, satin blade. One thing everyone neglects in their reviews is to focus on the weight. It's a feather compared to other blades in the same size or even smaller. I just don't know how they do it. Anyone can throw g10 and s30v together, but Spyderco really put them both together in a way that is match made in Heaven.

I'm carrying right now the Para2, which doesn't fit with my weather EDC, during Winter I'm supposed to carry the heavier blades. But I can't put the Para2 away just yet.
    You are spot on. I feel it's more in the manix 2 xl category than the plain manix 2 and it makes the xl feel like a brick!