The worst knife cut that I've received was probably when I was 13 or 14 yrs old. My older brother had a double edged throwing knife that he was showing me. He asked me to give him the knife back, and just to be a smart ass, I said no. He put his hand on top of my hand that was holding the knife. I then put my other hand on his, he put his other hand on top. We were kinda twisting around trying to get the other to let go when our outer most hands slipped and the blade came down on my left index finger about a quarter inch from the tip. It didn't hurt but I knew I had been cut and grabbed my finger immediately. My brother asked to see how bad it was, and when I let go of my finger, blood dripped all over our light beige carpet. This, of course, happened in the middle of the night when everyone else in the house was asleep. We proceeded to our mother's bedroom to wake her and show her the damage. When she asked to see the cut, I again got a good amount of blood all over the carpet. I returned from the emergency room a few hours later with several stitches and an appreciation for how brilliant white the bone in my finger is. I'm sure that if the knife came down any closer to the tip or at a different angle, then I would be missing the tip of my finger. I guess I was lucky. lol

-remnar