Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Techno is a joke right? This knife should not exist.

Spyderco Forum Registered User pdptrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwdriver View Post
    I should've bought a ZT........
    Although I'm late to the thread, I see a correlation between your name and your knives.. Happy Friday,Enjoy!
    Paul
    Sage1, Stretch II CE-sold, S35VN Mule, Manix 2 CTS-XHP, Delica BRG ZDP-189 PE, Manix 2 CPM M4, Para 2 CTS-20CP , M390 Mule, Southard Flipper, Left Hand Millie, Para 2 204P , Delica Super blue
    It is a mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle

Spyderco Forum Registered User Screwdriver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pdptrow View Post
    Although I'm late to the thread, I see a correlation between your name and your knives.. Happy Friday,Enjoy!
    How so? Just curious, since no one has ever guessed where my nick came from.
    PM2(Camo/Satin) Military (Safety Orange, Camo), Endura (Wave, ZDP-189, Super Blue), Gayle Bradley, Techno, Pacific Salt PE, Tasman Salt SE, Harpy, Manbug ZDP-189, Dragonfly Aus 8, Ladybug (Red with CE...1990ish), Cricket SE, Civilian.

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Holy Moly! Thanks to Amazon and the new Sunday delivery, my Techno was just handed to me by USPS.

This knife has to be an April Fools joke by Sal. I mean who in their right mind would use giant slabs of titanium and and make a blade as thick as a magazine. It makes no sense.....no sense at all.
    The sarcasm was basically dancing buck naked for me (the excessive disbelief made it obvious). The Techno is an awesome knife; in fact, it is going to be my next spyderco purchase. Your description of how solidly it is built just makes me want to get this even sooner. Yeah, ZTs are awesome, but I love Spyderco's willingness to try out many blade steels.

Is it because no one ever tried or because it is an obscure reference?
    Last edited by chaosdragon0000; 12-06-2013 at 04:40 PM.

Yeah the Techno is super robust...it's built like a brick s***house (Some construction language snuck through there). I bought one a few days ago, and carried it from the moment it left the store in my pocket. This thing is going to see a LOT of pocket time. It's not threatening or intimidating when you pull it out, and almost everyone that sees it can't fail to notice the quality of the materials, or the beautiful finish...even non-knife people (Though most still balk at the cost when I tell them what it's worth...but you get what you pay for, and these are high end materials).
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam), Jester (Grey G10), Caly3/3.5 (CF ZDP-189/420J2), Domino (Blue weave)
    Ladybug (H1), Native FRN (Black S30V), Dragonfly Salt, Swick3, Techno, Military (CruWear)
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule Team (K390), Manix2 LW Black, Ulize, Chokwe
    Saver Salt, Lava (Blue G-10), 2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Titanium Damascus)

-> Branden

Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post
    The handle was only able to cut the hemp when 10,000 metric tons of force was applied

Spyderco Forum Registered User pdptrow's Avatar
    It was because you bought a Techno and your ZT reference which are beefy enough to be used as screwdrivers just taking a stab at a humorous/ sarcastic tone to harmonise with the thread. Not that I think a knife should be used in that way, though, how you use them is your business. Just saw in your sig you do have a varied collection but I hope you see the humor.
    Paul
    Sage1, Stretch II CE-sold, S35VN Mule, Manix 2 CTS-XHP, Delica BRG ZDP-189 PE, Manix 2 CPM M4, Para 2 CTS-20CP , M390 Mule, Southard Flipper, Left Hand Millie, Para 2 204P , Delica Super blue
    It is a mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle

Spyderco Forum Registered User NaturalMystic's Avatar
    Wow, a couple of you would probably be better off just not posting at all if all you're going to do is insult. So the OP's sarcasm wasn't clear, that makes it a dumb thread? Where's the comradery of just being Spyderco or knife lovers in general? Maybe take up knitting and join a knitting forum instead, it might mellow you out a bit. Jeesh!
    Screwdriver, I wasn't 100% sure if your intent was sarcasm either but I'm glad you're enjoying your knife.
    KNIVES & POCKET TOOLS: Benchmade Mini Griptilian 556, 556SBK, Ritter Mini Grip. Spyderco 2x Caly3 G10, Delica1 SE, Delica4 PE, Salt1, Ladybug1, Ladybug2, 2x Ladybug H1, Pacific Salt, Dragonfly FRN, Dragonfly G10, Jester, Bug, Honeybee, 2x Grasshoppers, G10 154CM Manix2, Jerry Hossom Forester.
    Others: RAT Cutlery Izula, Rat Pack RC-3, RC-4, RC-6,Lite Machete Fallkniven F1, U2, Wenger too many Victorinox too many Beretta, BHK Sml Tiger Knapp, Leatherman Wave, Wave II, Squirt P4

Spyderco Forum Registered User jabba359's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalMystic View Post
    Wow, a couple of you would probably be better off just not posting at all if all you're going to do is insult. So the OP's sarcasm wasn't clear, that makes it a dumb thread? Where's the comradery of just being Spyderco or knife lovers in general? Maybe take up knitting and join a knitting forum instead, it might mellow you out a bit. Jeesh!
    Screwdriver, I wasn't 100% sure if your intent was sarcasm either but I'm glad you're enjoying your knife.
    Have you visited the knitting forums lately? Those old ladies are brutal! By far the meanest place on the internet!
    -Kyle

On the Fence: Tuff, Techno
    Latest arrivals: Super Blue Delica, G-10 BlackHawk, S110V Mule

Spyderco Forum Registered User Gunslinger's Avatar
    I miss my Techno

Quote Originally Posted by jabba359 View Post
    Have you visited the knitting forums lately? Those old ladies are brutal! By far the meanest place on the internet!
    LOL I can imagine seeing some grannies getting hostile over who's sweater is nicer and using their knitting needles as shanks. Seriously though, some of us here need to lighten up a bit. I've seen several forums go down hill because of unnecessarily rude attitudes. As my avatar Bob used to say "One Love" people, "One Love".
    KNIVES & POCKET TOOLS: Benchmade Mini Griptilian 556, 556SBK, Ritter Mini Grip. Spyderco 2x Caly3 G10, Delica1 SE, Delica4 PE, Salt1, Ladybug1, Ladybug2, 2x Ladybug H1, Pacific Salt, Dragonfly FRN, Dragonfly G10, Jester, Bug, Honeybee, 2x Grasshoppers, G10 154CM Manix2, Jerry Hossom Forester.
    Others: RAT Cutlery Izula, Rat Pack RC-3, RC-4, RC-6,Lite Machete Fallkniven F1, U2, Wenger too many Victorinox too many Beretta, BHK Sml Tiger Knapp, Leatherman Wave, Wave II, Squirt P4

Nice set-up NoFair. The Cuscadi spacer looks really good.

Quote Originally Posted by NoFair View Post
    It is a wonderful little brute. It looks unthreatening so I often carry it when a larger more pointy folder gets me too many looks.

Here is mine:

Spyderco Forum Registered User senorsquare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    I miss my Techno
    The Techno is one I let go of to fund another purchase. I quickly realized the error of my ways and sold that knife and bought another Techno.

Spyderco Forum Registered User senorsquare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalMystic View Post
    ... Seriously though, some of us here need to lighten up a bit. I've seen several forums go down hill because of unnecessarily rude attitudes. As my avatar Bob used to say "One Love" people, "One Love".
    It's all good. This forum is pretty resilient against complete @$$holery and Taz is not afraid to put the boot down when things get out of hand.

Sarcasm is hard to pull off in text form which is why I only use it in person when dealing with Mrs. Square.

Spyderco Forum Registered User addylo's Avatar
    A horse walked into a bar...
    C142G, C10GPFG, C81G2, C101G2, C122, C123, C11BK, C11PGRE, C41BK, C94PBL, C136G, C129CFP, C129GP, C148G, C75SS3, C28BK2, C28BK, C130G, C138, JGGY, LBK3, C137, C133

Spyderco Forum Registered User kbuzbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by addylo View Post
    A horse walked into a bar...
    .... sat down and ordered a tequila and said...

Ken
    玉鋼

Quote Originally Posted by kbuzbee View Post
    .... sat down and ordered a tequila and said...

Ken
    ....I hear Sarah Jessica Parker hangs out here.....
    PM2(Camo/Satin) Military (Safety Orange, Camo), Endura (Wave, ZDP-189, Super Blue), Gayle Bradley, Techno, Pacific Salt PE, Tasman Salt SE, Harpy, Manbug ZDP-189, Dragonfly Aus 8, Ladybug (Red with CE...1990ish), Cricket SE, Civilian.

....I hear Sarah Jessica Parker hangs out here.....
    Now that's funny

Spyderco Forum Registered User Dodge's Avatar
    Why the long face? But seriously just got a tecno for my birthday! Let me tell you it shocks me that its built like that. I'm willing to bet that it could survive a nuclear blast.
    "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Why the long face? But seriously just got a tecno for my birthday! Let me tell you it shocks me that its built like that. I'm willing to bet that it could survive a nuclear blast.
    No ****!

BTW, MOPAR or No Car!.......I have a 68 Dart.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfingringo View Post
    Wait a minute, now I'm getting confused. Are you being sarcastic about his sarcastic response to your sarcasm? Or did you miss his sarcasm and assume he was being serious because he took your sarcasm as serious?
    rofl!
    Top Picks: Chaparral 2, Delica 4, Dragonfly 2
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Delica 4, Dragonfly 2, Ladybug 3

-----Dreaming of: M4 Bird & Trout collaboration with Phil Wilson-----

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User DRKBC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jabba359 View Post
    They are a tough crowd over there no matter how nice a job you're doing they are always cutting you down, its bad for the self esteem.

Last edited by DRKBC; 12-08-2013 at 06:48 PM.