Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Techno is a joke right? This knife should not exist.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Screwdriver's Avatar
    I should've bought a ZT........

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    Wrong thread
    Last edited by Evil D; 12-02-2013 at 07:59 AM.

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil D View Post
    The only two guaranteed buys for me are the DLC Manix 2 FFG and the new Kiwi. Those are two knives I've been waiting for my entire "Spyderco life".
    But what about when Sal releases a FFG DLC Yo2????

Spyderco Forum Registered User kbuzbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Invective View Post
    In unobtanium!

Ken
    玉鋼

Quote Originally Posted by Invective View Post
    I'll buy at least 3, but my original comment was meant for the"2014 sshopping list" thread anyway.

~David

Spyderco Forum Registered User jackknifeh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwdriver View Post
    I suggest you look up the word "Sarcasm"
    These forums lack humor......

I'll make it easy.....I dig the knife.
    I love jokes and sarcasm as well. But I thought you were serious too. In fact the things you mentioned could very well be a complaint from people who don't care for these feature. Anyway, good joke. You got me. And I'm glad you like the knife. It's been (and will remain) on my wish list until I get one.

Jack
    My EDC for a while. Stretch with carbon fiber handle, Dragonfly 2 with kirinite MOP handle, Manbug with bolster/red bone handle. Super blue/420J1 blades on all three.

Sometimes you just have to throw a in for good measure. It's too easy to take things seriously through text.

~David

These forums lack humor......

I'll make it easy.....I dig the knife.

Man you people are a rough crowd.

Anyhow....I love the Techno. I bet if I only had that and a hammer I could breach a solid core door and it wouldn't even hurt the knife.

Sorry about the crappy cell phone pic....

Spyderco Forum Registered User NoFair's Avatar
    It is a wonderful little brute. It looks unthreatening so I often carry it when a larger more pointy folder gets me too many looks.

Here is mine:

Quote Originally Posted by NoFair View Post
    It is a wonderful little brute. It looks unthreatening so I often carry it when a larger more pointy folder gets me too many looks.

Here is mine:
    Where did you get that spacer? I am very partial to orange.....
    PM2(Camo/Satin) Military (Safety Orange, Camo), Endura (Wave, ZDP-189, Super Blue), Gayle Bradley, Techno, Pacific Salt PE, Tasman Salt SE, Harpy, Manbug ZDP-189, Dragonfly Aus 8, Ladybug (Red with CE...1990ish), Cricket SE, Civilian.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Syncharmony's Avatar
    Where did you get that spacer? I am very partial to orange.....
    Check out Cuscadi scales. They have a bunch of different techno backspacers for sale. Even carbon fiber and glow in the dark! When I get a techno, I think I'm going to go the CF route, it looks great.

Spyderco Forum Registered User NoFair's Avatar
    The orange one is Cuscadi. Prefer it to blue and makes it look even less threatening

Quote Originally Posted by NoFair View Post
    The orange one is Cuscadi. Prefer it to blue and makes it look even less threatening
    Nice.....Just looked at their site and might just order one....That orange looks great.
    PM2(Camo/Satin) Military (Safety Orange, Camo), Endura (Wave, ZDP-189, Super Blue), Gayle Bradley, Techno, Pacific Salt PE, Tasman Salt SE, Harpy, Manbug ZDP-189, Dragonfly Aus 8, Ladybug (Red with CE...1990ish), Cricket SE, Civilian.

That stonewashed blade looks great and really goes with the titanium scales!

Funny that you didn't get it that I dug the knife.....and btw, it was not a review.
    I was just joking with you back, I thought this thread was supposed to be humorous. I apologize if I offended you, I guess I failed, sorry. Kurt

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    As a note, Cuscadi will make it similar to the original or you can get it flush with the handle instead.
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker.
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

Spyderco Forum Registered User VeloWeave's Avatar
    Can't wait for my Techno to arrive, sadly I'm not buying anymore knives for 2013. Less than a month to go!!!

Most Carried: Caly 3 CF, Sebenza Insingo small, Chaparral, Southard Flipper, Delica 4, Ritter Mini-Grip, Techno, Injection 3.0
    Wishlist 2014: Dice, Mnandi, Strider PT CC
    Other's I own or have sold: Vallotton, Anso Zulu, Blur CF, Scallion, Leaf Storm, Sage 2
    Flashlight EDC: Preon 0, Peak Eiger AAA Oveready edition with QTC & momentary button Nichia 219 emitter
    Coming Soon Flashlight: MBI HF Copper 3 mode with Hi Cri emitter (arrived and it's awesome!)

Waiting on mine to arrive! Thanks to you guys in helping me to break my oath to not buy anymore knives this year! If you don't want to buy anymore knives this year I would suggest staying away from this forum!

Spyderco Forum Registered User jackknifeh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eric m. View Post
    Waiting on mine to arrive! Thanks to you guys in helping me to break my oath to not buy anymore knives this year! If you don't want to buy anymore knives this year I would suggest staying away from this forum!
    Some people here are probably tired of hearing me say this but I only wanted one GOOD knife a few years ago. Little did I know you have to buy at least 30 knives to know what you really want. Anyway I've had the Native5 (amoung others) on my wish list since it was released. Then the "best EDC" thread FORCED me to put a Caly3 on my wish list. The Techno was on my wish list since it's release. Then I took it off. And now it's back on there! You are right eric. This forum is a bad (I MEAN GOOD ) influence. Even though we all have our own likes/dislikes about knives it's nice to have user's input about them before buying. And this forum definately keeps the "I WANT ANOTHER KNIFE" feeling alive.

Jack
    PS
    I look at quite a few knives in catalogs, inet, etc. and there is no brand that has as many different knives that I want as Spyderco. I love the traditional pocket knives for several reasons but when I go throught the Case catalog or look at them on the pc when it comes down to buying one there are really only 5 or 6 different knives in the "traditional" pocket knife arena. Different handle materials, different # of blades, etc. But Spyderco's different models surve MANY different type uses. There is a knife to cut a loose thread all the way to a hard core camping or even combat knife. Different blade steels as well. I can't think of a production knife company that uses such a wide variety of blade steels.

Jack
    My EDC for a while. Stretch with carbon fiber handle, Dragonfly 2 with kirinite MOP handle, Manbug with bolster/red bone handle. Super blue/420J1 blades on all three.