Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Techno is a joke right? This knife should not exist.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Screwdriver's Avatar

The Techno is a joke right? This knife should not exist.

Holy Moly! Thanks to Amazon and the new Sunday delivery, my Techno was just handed to me by USPS.

This knife has to be an April Fools joke by Sal. I mean who in their right mind would use giant slabs of titanium and and make a blade as thick as a magazine. It makes no sense.....no sense at all.

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Why the surprise on the knife specs ? Short thick blade and titanium frame and built stout. Most reviews and other internet media I have seen discuss it. I have one and it works well and slices fine even with the thick blade, try it out a little and you will be Impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by kurt6652 View Post
    Why the surprise on the knife specs ? Short thick blade and titanium frame and built stout. Most reviews and other internet media I have seen discuss it. I have one and it works well and slices fine even with the thick blade, try it out a little and you will be Impressed.
    I suggest you look up the word "Sarcasm"

Spyderco Forum Registered User vaisforlovers's Avatar
    As I had it on me, I used my Techno yesterday to cut a few branches to fit our Christmas tree in the stand. I would never have used a Caly or a PM2, but because of the Techno's stoutness, I wasn't afraid to reach on in there and snap-cut the branches. I know I put a little side load on the blade when I cut, but didn't think twice. It performed very well and saved me a trip to the garage for some snips.

To each their own opinion, but I like my mine. I like the thick blade. I like the slab-like scales. I like mine a lot.
    "The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stewart Mill

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    As I had it on me, I used my Techno yesterday to cut a few branches to fit our Christmas tree in the stand. I would never have used a Caly or a PM2, but because of the Techno's stoutness, I wasn't afraid to reach on in there and snap-cut the branches. I know I put a little side load on the blade when I cut, but didn't think twice. It performed very well and saved me a trip to the garage for some snips.

To each their own opinion, but I like my mine. I like the thick blade. I like the slab-like scales. I like mine a lot.
    These forums lack humor......

I'll make it easy.....I dig the knife.

I almost bought a Techno today...even when offered a small discount. Also handled a Cruwear Military, but I still just can't get into a liner lock knife. I was also very tempted by a few other choice Spydercos I want, like a Southard, Domino, all black Manix2 XL, Szabo in both colours, and even a Damascus Delica. I was offered a decent discount on a Ulize though, and that was what I left with. I will definitely end up with a Techno though...likely sooner than later as it's right near the top of my want list.
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam), Jester (Grey G10), Caly3/3.5 (CF ZDP-189/420J2), Domino (Blue weave)
    Ladybug (H1), Native FRN (Black S30V), Dragonfly Salt, Swick3, Techno, Military (CruWear)
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule Team (K390), Manix2 LW Black, Ulize, Chokwe
    Saver Salt, Lava (Blue G-10), 2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Titanium Damascus)

-> Branden

Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post
    The handle was only able to cut the hemp when 10,000 metric tons of force was applied

Spyderco Forum Registered User Syncharmony's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwdriver View Post
    These forums lack humor......

I'll make it easy.....I dig the knife.
    It's difficult to transmit sarcasm with writing. Read what you wrote in a normal tone and it's easy to understand why what you wrote was mistaken. Perhaps end with a /sarcasm at the end to clue everyone in on the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Syncharmony View Post
    It's difficult to transmit sarcasm with writing. Read what you wrote in a normal tone and it's easy to understand why what you wrote was mistaken. Perhaps end with a /sarcasm at the end to clue everyone in on the joke.
    Adding /sarcasm at the end takes the fun out of it.

Spyderco Forum Registered User FCM415's Avatar
    Techno, great knife. To me is near equal to a small Sebenza, a knife I hold in the highest regard as smaller main edc knives go.

Considering sarcasm relies entirely on tone and not content, what did you expect, dumb thread.

Enjoy your knife.

this piece of sh....., I need to buy one more./sarcasm

Well to me it was obviously sarcastic

I agree with ya. I normally like thin blades with pointy tips. The Techno is the exact opposite of that, but still I am carrying it frequently.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Blerv's Avatar
    It's quite a light-hearted forum. Sometimes people don't get the joke and it's their fault or it's yours for not crafting/delivering it well.

Flip a coin.
    Blake

Listing of Blade-Length Laws by State/County (Not My Website)
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USKnife.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Blerv View Post
    It's quite a light-hearted forum. Sometimes people don't get the joke and it's their fault or it's yours for not crafting/delivering it well.

Flip a coin.
    Maybe I need a different crowd.......

Quote Originally Posted by w3tnz View Post
    Considering sarcasm relies entirely on tone and not content, what did you expect, dumb thread.

Enjoy your knife.

Oh, this was your attempt at a review of your new knife, I got it now. Good review for your first try.

I suggest you look up the word "Sarcasm"

Quote Originally Posted by kurt6652 View Post
    Oh, this was your attempt at a review of your new knife, I got it now. Good review for your first try.
    Funny that you didn't get it that I dug the knife.....and btw, it was not a review.

Maybe you do need a different crowd, tell them hi from us.
    ~~~~ USn Catcherman ~~~~ Tasman Se ~~~~ Centofante 3 ~~~~ UKPK blue SE ~~~~ Goddard OD Sprint Pe ~~~~ Ambitious Pe blue~~~~ Zdp Ladybug ~~~~ Manix 2 lwt Pe ~~~~ Delica orange Pe ~~~~ Swick 3 fb ~~~~ Native brown xhp ~~~~ Persian 2 ~~~~

Funny that you didn't get it that I dug the knife.....and btw, it was not a review.
    Wait a minute, now I'm getting confused. Are you being sarcastic about his sarcastic response to your sarcasm? Or did you miss his sarcasm and assume he was being serious because he took your sarcasm as serious?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Blerv's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfingringo View Post
    Wait a minute, now I'm getting confused. Are you being sarcastic about his sarcastic response to your sarcasm? Or did you miss his sarcasm and assume he was being serious because he took your sarcasm as serious?
    Lol! Thanks for cheering up this thread with humor
    Blake

Listing of Blade-Length Laws by State/County (Not My Website)
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USKnife.pdf