Thread: Edge-u-cation Papers and product information pamphlet

Spyderco Forum Registered User griff443's Avatar

Edge-u-cation Papers and product information pamphlet

Hi,

I've been looking through my Spydercos and am wondering why some of my knives don't come with the edge-u-cation paperwork. I have three sages, and all have the paperwork, but my Techno and Southard (also from Taiwan) do not. They only have the product information pamphlet. My titanium UKPK and fluted titanium Native, both from Golden, just have the generic UKPK and Native literature, while my fluted Military and all my Paramiltaries have unique edge-u-cation paperwork. My Super Blue Delica has the edge-u-cation paperwork, but my Super Blue Endura just has the generic Endura product information guide. All the Super Blue sprints that I've seen from this year online have had unique literature . . .

Is this just inconsistency on Spydercos part, or should I be worried about this?

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    We're adding the info to each model as we can.

sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User kbuzbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by griff443 View Post
    Hi,

I've been looking through my Spydercos and am wondering why some of my knives don't come with the edge-u-cation paperwork.
    ...also, they've been releasing a terrific series of videos where the designer discusses their thoughts on the knife. Those videos totally rock!

Ken
    玉鋼

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Deacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by griff443 View Post
    Is this just inconsistency on Spydercos part, or should I be worried about this?
    If you purchased your knives from reputable dealers, there is no need to be concerned. Spyderco packaging has always been somewhat inconsistent and the presence/absence/content of pamphlets is no exception.
    Paul
    My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
    Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
    WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

Spyderco Forum Registered User RadioactiveSpyder's Avatar
    Hi all, I figured this thread may be a good spot to mention the same request I made to Spyderco when they recently asked for possible website improvements: is there a way we could download PDFs of the Edge-U-Cation sheets, etc. for those of us missing some here or there? Now I certainly don't want this to become a good resource for the knockoff companies from China (and wherever else) to add official Spyderco literature with their faulty products, but in this age of immediate and full info availability, it seems like just adding a section on the website to even just view them would be great! Perhaps it could be something available only after you logged in as a customer/forum member where there's at least some hope of controlling access to these sheets. What do you guys say? Cheers, Paul
    It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. Stephen King