Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spyderco Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Spyderco Forum Registered User

Spyderco Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Thought one thread to post all the online deals would be a good idea....what have people seen for deals?
    Next Spyderco: Worker Sprint, Lightweight Manix 2 S110V

Spyderco Forum Registered User bh49's Avatar
    there are black Friday sales at Howes, KW and NGK
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell
    Any knife without Spyderhole is defective.
    My top choices Native5, G10/VG10 Caly 3.5/3 & C83 Persian Black micarta/bolsters

I am actually curious where the newly disco'ed models are hiding on sale. CS has apparently changed their business model re: sprints and discos and that was where I always got mine. I was sure they would hook up the CE Millies and Manix 2's but apparently not. Is STP going to be the only deep discounted discos? I am still in shock at CS handling of SB E4 and Cru Mill.

Spyderco Forum Registered User wrdwrght's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by twinboysdad View Post
    I am still in shock at CS handling of SB E4 and Cru Mill.
    What shocks you? One per customer or rather shallow discounts?
    IN MY POCKET: Air plus one from Manix/Native/Caly/Stretch/Para Military family. RECENTLY ARRIVED: SB Stretch Lightweight. ON MY RADAR: S110V Manix2 Lightweight (pre-ordered); CF S110V Native5 (pre-ordered); VG10 Caly 3.5; Pingo. HOLY GRAILS: 440V Starmate (PE); Superhawk; Manix (C95 FFG PE); S90V Manix2 (C101 "Mini" or 83mm). DREAMS: Tatanka (the long-awaited Bison!); Sage5.

Marc <- groupthink doubter since 1984 (first read in 1965...)

Quote Originally Posted by wrdwrght View Post
    What shocks you? One per customer or rather shallow discounts?
    This

The fact that my superblue E4 had its secondary patina setting in before CS sold the first one. The fact that my somewhat over priced brick and mortar sold me this knife for $20 less than CS has it listed. The fact that the Cru Mill did not hit their shelves until last of all the on line folks I check and their price was comparable with EBay flippers. I guess I am frustrated because I used to throw them all my business and now find it harder and harder.

Spyderco Forum Registered User captnvegtble's Avatar
    I think the thing that bugs a lot of people about CS is their pricing on Sprints and limited runs. I don't have a problem if CS wants to hold stock until they have a nice stock pile and then sell it all at once... but people (myself included) used to wait to buy from CS, but now they are inconsistent in pricing their sprint runs. All normal production knives get priced at 44% off MRSP. They used to also price their sprints at 44% off, but that is what has changed recently. It would make sense to me if they decided to reduce the discount to a standard 36% off, 30% off, 25% off, etc, but CS no longer has any consistent or predictable pricing structure on Sprint runs... their price on sprints now seems to be determined by demand and availability, which makes it frustrating. I've stopped looking to CS if I want a sprint run because they always sell their stock last, and I never know what the price is going to be. With that said... it's their buisness, they can do what they want, but I'm going to stop buying my sprint runs from them.

Thanks for the heads-up. I, too, have gone to CS in the past, but only for regular releases. I was unaware that CS was now taking advantage of Spyderco afis. I'll need to bear that in mind.
    IN MY POCKET: Air plus one from Manix/Native/Caly/Stretch/Para Military family. RECENTLY ARRIVED: SB Stretch Lightweight. ON MY RADAR: S110V Manix2 Lightweight (pre-ordered); CF S110V Native5 (pre-ordered); VG10 Caly 3.5; Pingo. HOLY GRAILS: 440V Starmate (PE); Superhawk; Manix (C95 FFG PE); S90V Manix2 (C101 "Mini" or 83mm). DREAMS: Tatanka (the long-awaited Bison!); Sage5.

Quote Originally Posted by wrdwrght View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up. I, too, have gone to CS in the past, but only for regular releases. I was unaware that CS was now taking advantage of Spyderco afis. I'll need to bear that in mind.
    It's not only Spyderco Sprints that they do this to. They also do this to Benchmade Gold class. I only use CS for regular stock now. Everything else i use other vendors.

JD

New Graham Knives has P'kal trainers for 50 bucks a piece. I'm tempted to get one and I don't even have a P'kal.

Spyderco Forum Registered User kbuzbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    New Graham Knives has P'kal trainers for 50 bucks a piece. I'm tempted to get one and I don't even have a P'kal.
    Well, then... You need to get both

Ken
    玉鋼

Spyderco Forum Registered User Alnamvet68's Avatar
    ....and who is CS?

Quote Originally Posted by Alnamvet68 View Post
    ....and who is CS?
    Cutlery Shoppe

I can't blame an online retailer from charging more for a limited production knife. Think about how competitive this business is and how small their normal margins are.

Spyderco Forum Registered User DemskeetSkeet's Avatar
    What is Howe's doing for Black Friday?

Spyderco Forum Registered User Coulro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DemskeetSkeet View Post
    What is Howe's doing for Black Friday?
    They sent out an email! If you sign up for their newsletter you'll get advance notice of all their deals!

Here's the Spyderco portion of their sale:

Holiday Specials!!
    Spyderco

8-Spyderco Hungarian Folder Collector-$184.11 after putting in your cart
    12-Spyderco Cricket Nishigin Blue Glass Carbon Fiber-$78.09 after putting in your cart
    5-Spyderco Manix 2 XL Flat Ground Black Blade S30V-$107.97 after putting in your cart

Other Spyderco's IN STOCK!

5-Spyderco Para Military C81GPCMO2
    9-Spyderco Para Military C81GPBK2
    2-Spyderco Para Military C81GP2
    (Hope this is allowed here!)

Spyderco Forum Registered User gbelleh's Avatar
    Anyone looking for a Jot Singh Khalsa should check Amazon. I don't know if it's a mistake, or a Black Friday sale, but you can't beat that price!
    My New Gear Review YouTube Channel

Latest Spydies: Lum Tanto FB Sprint, Green CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule, 2013 Forum Native 5, Domino, Blue G-10 Lava, Cruwear Military, Swick 3, Jot Singh Khalsa sprint, Hungarian Folder, CF S90V Manix 2 XL, Fluted Ti Military, Fluted Ti Native 5, Nilakka, Brown XHP Native, Equilibrium, Street Bowie, Lil Matriarch, Cat

That person has 10%+ bad reviews...there is no way that's an accurate posting in my opinion. The dealer would be paying probably $50 more to purchase the knife as far as I know...I wouldn't buy that unless you want to wait a few weeks and then initiate a dispute.

Spyderco Forum Registered User gbelleh's Avatar
    Probably is too good to be true.
    My New Gear Review YouTube Channel

Latest Spydies: Lum Tanto FB Sprint, Green CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule, 2013 Forum Native 5, Domino, Blue G-10 Lava, Cruwear Military, Swick 3, Jot Singh Khalsa sprint, Hungarian Folder, CF S90V Manix 2 XL, Fluted Ti Military, Fluted Ti Native 5, Nilakka, Brown XHP Native, Equilibrium, Street Bowie, Lil Matriarch, Cat

Quote Originally Posted by ABX2011 View Post
    I can't blame an online retailer from charging more for a limited production knife. Think about how competitive this business is and how small their normal margins are.
    I can't either. My comment above meant only to say I would be more aggressive when shopping the sprint/exclusive market. The substantial discounts Jeff offers on regular releases, not to forget his trustworthiness, have encouraged me to include CS among my initial go-tos. And I have not one qualm about his discouragement of hoarders/flippers of sprints and exclusives.