Thread: Holiday Knife Budget Question: Spyderco BROWN Native, or, Puma Folder: Which one?

Spyderco Forum Registered User SpyderEdgeForever's Avatar

Holiday Knife Budget Question: Spyderco BROWN Native, or, Puma Folder: Which one?

Let's say your "holiday knife budget" is so that you must choose between the new Spyderco Brown Native with the Carpenter Steel blade, or, a Puma (Germany) folder with the lock blade and ABS plastic scales, which would you go for? This would be for an everyday carry/collector's item, a combination reason.

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    The Native if your budget allows it. Some of the Puma's are Chinese made now although I'm sure the one you are refering to is Solingen made. The main reason though is I don't think the Puma has a pocket clip and I have gotten to the point that I can't stand a knife larger than a Case Peanut to get cross ways in the bottom of my front pocket. That is one of the most uncomfortable not to mention annoying things to have a good sized knife crossed up in the bottom of your pocket against your leg and your pocket sticking out like you have a 14 board in there or something. Have you looked at a Caly 3.5?

Spyderco Forum Registered User The Deacon's Avatar
    Brown Native, if for no other reason than because it's an Exclusive and very likely to disappear once the run has sold out.
    Paul
    My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
    Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
    WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

Spyderco Forum Registered User SpyderNut's Avatar
    I'd also go with the Brown Native. No doubt about it.
    Michael

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Spyderco Forum Registered User bh49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderEdgeForever View Post
    Let's say your "holiday knife budget" is so that you must choose between the new Spyderco Brown Native with the Carpenter Steel blade, or, a Puma (Germany) folder with the lock blade and ABS plastic scales, which would you go for? This would be for an everyday carry/collector's item, a combination reason.
    Asking a question what to buy Spyderco or something else, I consider a heresy. Attempt to compare Spyderco with Puma I am taking as insult.
    In old country people were killed for lesser sins.

Just kidding
    Still you hurt my feelings compare exclusive Native with Puma. I think that you need to get Puma.
    BTW, IMHO there is no such things like "an everyday carry/collector's item". When you carry a knife every day, that making collector value very close to zero.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell
    Any knife without Spyderhole is defective.
    My top choices Native5, G10/VG10 Caly 3.5/3 & C83 Persian Black micarta/bolsters