Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member from Spain

Spyderco Forum Registered User

New member from Spain

Hello everyone.

I am a new member and want to introduce myself. I am from Spain and have been visiting this forum as a guest.

Now I think is the time to become a member and participate a little more in it. My bad English could be a shortcoming but I'll try to improve it.

My present Spydercos are Persistence, Ambitious, Tenacious, DF2 ZDP, Caly 3.5, Manix2 LW and Manix2 XL.

My next purchases can be Sage 1 and 3.

I hope to learn and share knowlegde too.

Best regards

Hola!

Hi Titomake,

Welcome to our forum. Your English is fine.

sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User Blerv's Avatar
    Welcome aboard!
    Blake

Listing of Blade-Length Laws by State/County (Not My Website)
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USKnife.pdf

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    welcome to the forums! your english is great! i would recommend looking into the chaparral series
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Welcome to THE forum. I did the same thing 3 weeks ago!

Spyderco Forum Registered User jmh58's Avatar
    Welcome.. Super info and folks here!! Have fun!! John
    A great rabbit chase ends with a.. BANG!!!

Never too old to relive your youth!!

Life is to short to carry a cheap knife!!!

Bienvenidos! Vivo en Costa Rica, pero mi novia se de pais vasco, so we usually pass through Madrid every year to visit her family. Maybe next year I'll smuggle you some spydies in when I visit. Hehehe. Welcome to the forums!

Y no se preocupe. Your English is very good. Don't be afraid to jump into the discussions around here. There are folks from all over the world on this forum and everyone is very polite.

Spyderco Forum Registered User RadioactiveSpyder's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum, you are certainly among friends! As the others have said, your command of English seems quite good. We do enjoy good pictures as well, so get your camera out!
    It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King

Spyderco Forum Registered User SpyderEdgeForever's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum Titomake.
    Are you familiar with Navaja knives? Spyderco makes an excellent Navaja:

http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=632

From the Spyderco main website:

" Unique to the Navaja is the Carraca or ratcheting sound it produces when the blade opens and closes. Carraca ratcheting generates a reaction similar to the sound of chambering a round in a firearm, distinctively announcing the knife's presence and has been attributed to deterring a criminal or criminal behavior."

Spyderco Forum Registered User griff443's Avatar
    ¡Bienvenidos!

Su inglés me parece muy bien. Hay pocos errores. ¿Estudió usted solamente en España o también en un país anglohablante? De todos modos, este foro es un fuente excelente de información. I don't post here often but I browse it about every day. If you have the money, I would recommend purchasing the Knifeworks CF S90V Manix 2 sprint run while it's still available! I think they ship overseas . . .

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderEdgeForever View Post
    Welcome to the forum Titomake.
    Are you familiar with Navaja knives? Spyderco makes an excellent Navaja:

http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=632

From the Spyderco main website:

" Unique to the Navaja is the Carraca or ratcheting sound it produces when the blade opens and closes. Carraca ratcheting generates a reaction similar to the sound of chambering a round in a firearm, distinctively announcing the knife's presence and has been attributed to deterring a criminal or criminal behavior."

All spyderco folders are navajas actually. That's just what they call folding knives in Spain. Actually the folding knife was born in Spain after one of the leaders passed a carry law against longer blades some 500 years ago. True story...government imposed knife restrictions are nothing new apparently. Now, there is a classic spanish (gypsy?) knife that is known for its distinctive ratcheting sound, but I don't know what it is called specifically.

Ok, most of this info I pick up from my spanish girlfriend and more so, from some of her friends who are into knives, so I'm just repeating what I've been told. Please step in and correct me if I've got any of this wrong Titomake.

Cool story Lance. Seems like contraband is the source of all things good sometimes, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfingringo View Post
    All spyderco folders are navajas actually. That's just what they call folding knives in Spain. Actually the folding knife was born in Spain after one of the leaders passed a carry law against longer blades some 500 years ago. True story...government imposed knife restrictions are nothing new apparently. Now, there is a classic spanish (gypsy?) knife that is known for its distinctive ratcheting sound, but I don't know what it is called specifically.

Ok, most of this info I pick up from my spanish girlfriend and more so, from some of her friends who are into knives, so I'm just repeating what I've been told. Please step in and correct me if I've got any of this wrong Titomake.
    Greetings.

Folding knives go back at least to ancient Roman times.

Jim

Spyderco Forum Registered User SpyderNut's Avatar
    Welcome to the forums, Titomake. You've got a great start on your collection and the Sage 1 and 3 are especially good choices. Hope to see you around!
    Michael

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by James Y View Post
    Greetings.

Folding knives go back at least to ancient Roman times.

Jim
    Hah, yeah, I have to be careful about repeating what I hear without googling it. . I just looked it up and there's a pretty interesting read on the origins of the Navaja on Wikipedia. They allude to the governmental restriction, but don't say much about it. I have heard the story in more detail...most of which I can't recall, but I remember it being kind of interesting. I'm sure I could find that info too if I wasn't too lazy to practice my google-fu.

Spyderco Forum Registered User vaisforlovers's Avatar
    Good Day Titomake!

Welcome. I hope you enjoy your time here as much as I do.

James
    "The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stewart Mill

Spyderco Forum Registered User jackknifeh's Avatar
    Welcome. Your english seems as good or better than a lot of Americans.

Jack

My EDC for a while. Stretch with carbon fiber handle, Chaparral 2, Dragonfly 2 with kirinite MOP handle, Manbug with bolster/red bone handle. Super blue/420J1 blades on all three (except Chaparral).

Welcome!!! Great collection so far!!

Get the sage 1 now And wait for the new sage 3's unless you like the blue g10. But the carbon fiber pattern on the new sage 3 looks really great!
    Next Spyderco: Worker Sprint, Lightweight Manix 2 S110V

Titomake:

I forgot to say welcome!

And I agree with jackknifeh that your English seems very good.

Jim