Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Knifecenter XHP Native?

Spyderco Forum Registered User willc's Avatar
    I just got my KC Native and am pretty stoked.
    Fit and finish is perfect and it opens and closes very smooth.
    This is my first Spyderco with all pinned construction and hollow ground blade.
    Out of the box this thing is super sharp.

It is a bit small so I doubt I will carry this at work but I will try to give it some weekend time.
    Great knife.
    LH Millie/ PM2 digi/ Tenacious/ Dragonfly/ Persian2/ Endura Super Blue
    Cruwear Millie/ Manix2 XL/ Manix2/ Swick3/Gayle Bradley/ Delica SB/ Sage3

Spyderco Forum Registered User Clip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xceptnl View Post
    Has anyone else swapped the clip over? I was surprised to see only 1-1/2 threads were in contact. The locktite was still wet on mine and I was a bit concerned I would strip the threads when trying to retightened the chain ring bolt. I also swapped my S30V clip over and don't recall the interface being so short. I think about 1/8" more threads on the male end of the chain ring bolt could make a world of difference. Has this changed since my Native (older) came out?
    Mine had plenty of engagement, and lots of red loctite. Destroyed two quarters loosening it, good thing was the quarters gave before they messed up the bolt's finish.
    Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly3, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, M390 Para2, Cruwear MT12, Techno, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, Manix2 Ltwt, Salt I, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Forum Native5, Squeak, Manix 83mm, 440V Military, Gayle Bradley, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, Cruwear Military, VG10 Jester, Terzuola SlipIt, XHP Native Ltwt, Domino, CPM154/S90V Para2, SB Stretch, D2 Para, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Clip View Post
    Mine had plenty of engagement, and lots of red loctite. Destroyed two quarters loosening it, good thing was the quarters gave before they messed up the bolt's finish.
    Wow, RED Loctite? That seems extreme, but maybe those clips were falling off, loosened by micro movements relative to the handle.

OK, you guys did it to me. I had been valiantly trying to resist the brown Native, but the terrific photos did me in. Put in my order this morning!

--Larry

Spyderco Forum Registered User Donut's Avatar
    Knife center sent out an email today that they are doing free shipping until 7pm. Now is a good time to order one.

I've never seen them offer free shipping!
    -Brian
    A distinguished lurker.
    Chat with us. Sharpthings - A Blog Site

Spyderco Forum Registered User Cheddarnut's Avatar
    Man did i miss my native. This one immediately felt like and old shoe out of the box. Points of interest are the higher swedge relative to the tip for improved sharpening longevity, and a nicer finish spine than ive seen on a native lightweight. Also the nicely lapped bladed has a nice flatness to it with a scotchbrite like finish. Awesome piece, glad i jumped.

I collect knives, my knives collect dust.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Apophis's Avatar
    Sorry if this was already mentioned elsewhere, but KC just announced a giant 20% off everything moving sale for the next few days. The XHP Native is currently only about $75 out the door. Crazy deals, but the discount is only for in-stock items and it looks like stuff is going fast.

Spyderco Forum Registered User gbelleh's Avatar
    Yeah, I was able to resist this one until that 20% discount.
    My New Gear Review YouTube Channel

Latest Spydies: Lum Tanto FB Sprint, Green CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule, 2013 Forum Native 5, Domino, Blue G-10 Lava, Cruwear Military, Swick 3, Jot Singh Khalsa sprint, Hungarian Folder, CF S90V Manix 2 XL, Fluted Ti Military, Fluted Ti Native 5, Nilakka, Brown XHP Native, Equilibrium, Street Bowie, Lil Matriarch, Cat

Spyderco Forum Registered User bh49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Apophis View Post
    Sorry if this was already mentioned elsewhere, but KC just announced a giant 20% off everything moving sale for the next few days. The XHP Native is currently only about $75 out the door. Crazy deals, but the discount is only for in-stock items and it looks like stuff is going fast.
    It looks like they increased most of the prices to compensate some for discount. IIRC this Native was $79.95 or $83 shipped with $2.95 shipping. More looks like 10% off. Considering that their prices on regular day is higher than most popular dealers, I found price only for one Spyderco deserving my thought to jump on.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell
    Any knife without Spyderhole is defective.
    My top choices Native5, G10/VG10 Caly 3.5/3 & C83 Persian Black micarta/bolsters

The price is now $89.95 which is $10 more than I paid a few weeks back. I wanted a second but not at that price...especially with shipping (and duties. I always seem to get nailed when I order from them).
    On the hunt for...

Quote Originally Posted by bh49 View Post
    It looks like they increased most of the prices to compensate some for discount. IIRC this Native was $79.95 or $83 shipped with $2.95 shipping. More looks like 10% off. Considering that their prices on regular day is higher than most popular dealers, I found price only for one Spyderco deserving my thought to jump on.
    Well shoot, not as good a deal as I thought then. Still can save a bit though... I actually passed on this Native, just remembered the thread and thought i'd give a head's up.

$74.95 shipped was the price after the 20% "moving sale" discount. Seems pretty good.

Latest Spydies: Lum Tanto FB Sprint, Green CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule, 2013 Forum Native 5, Domino, Blue G-10 Lava, Cruwear Military, Swick 3, Jot Singh Khalsa sprint, Hungarian Folder, CF S90V Manix 2 XL, Fluted Ti Military, Fluted Ti Native 5, Nilakka, Brown XHP Native, Equilibrium, Street Bowie, Lil Matriarch, Cat

Quote Originally Posted by gbelleh View Post
    $74.95 shipped was the price after the 20% "moving sale" discount. Seems pretty good.
    $79.95 wasn't bad either. But raising the price 15% up and giving 20% off is not really 20% off.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell
    My top choices Native5, G10/VG10 Caly 3.5/3 & C83 Persian Black micarta/bolsters

The only good deal IMO I saw there is Lava for $116 shipped.
    George Orwell

Spyderco Forum Registered User JNewell's Avatar
    $79.95 wasn't bad either. But raising the price 15% up and giving 20% off is not really 20% off.
    I think I remember the first listing on that one saying that it had a special introductory discount? If my memory is right, it may have gone up before the sale? Not sure, but it's a possible explanation.

- John

Quote Originally Posted by JNewell View Post
    I think I remember the first listing on that one saying that it had a special introductory discount? If my memory is right, it may have gone up before the sale? Not sure, but it's a possible explanation.
    I looked at it 2 days ago and it was $79.95.

I'm not sure when the sale started, but the $10 price jump and the moving sale seemed to happen at almost the same time.

The only good deal IMO I saw there is Lava for $116 shipped.
    LSCF Laci Szabo for $150ish was hard to pass up, the South Fork sold out but it was around $225, Ti Millies were I think at $190. I was debating about the South Fork and then my decision was made easier when they were gone

Quote Originally Posted by Invective View Post
    LSCF Laci Szabo for $150ish was hard to pass up, the South Fork sold out but it was around $225, Ti Millies were I think at $190. I was debating about the South Fork and then my decision was made easier when they were gone
    Lol, 100% agree on the South Fork. Been debating one of these for a while now. Had one in the cart, decided to sleep on it, and they were gone by the time I looked again, as were the SB Enduras. So, no new Spydies for me from this sale but I did pick up another Izula and a Diafold just for kicks.

Right, but still, probably the cheapest it's going to get from KC.

Spyderco Forum Registered User JNewell's Avatar
    I think $79.9x was the original discount price on this:

We introduced this knife as our weekend special last Friday…but figured we better mention it here too! The Earth Brown Native with Carpenter CTS-XHP steel is a KnifeCenter exclusive, and for a limited time it is available at a special introductory price!

Shop Now
    Super Special Price: $79.95