Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Knifecenter XHP Native?

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Just got my brown frn native, cts-xhp steel blade, KC exclusive today! Beautiful knife if you like the native platform! It's a limited exclusive, what more can you say! I'm going to order another if supply holds out!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Cheddarnut's Avatar
    More pics please
    I collect knives, my knives collect dust.

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheddarnut View Post
    More pics please
    I will get you some good ones tomorrow.
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawks, D'fly (H1,G-10), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V[2],XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleaf, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Caly (JR's,3,3.5-SB), D3, Para-2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescue, Dyad Jr, Pingo, Southard, AIR, Jess Horn, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II
    Mules> MT05,08,09,12,15,16,17, 18

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Has anyone else swapped the clip over? I was surprised to see only 1-1/2 threads were in contact. The locktite was still wet on mine and I was a bit concerned I would strip the threads when trying to retightened the chain ring bolt. I also swapped my S30V clip over and don't recall the interface being so short. I think about 1/8" more threads on the male end of the chain ring bolt could make a world of difference. Has this changed since my Native (older) came out?
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawks, D'fly (H1,G-10), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V[2],XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleaf, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Caly (JR's,3,3.5-SB), D3, Para-2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescue, Dyad Jr, Pingo, Southard, AIR, Jess Horn, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II
    Mules> MT05,08,09,12,15,16,17, 18

*Landon*

Quote Originally Posted by xceptnl View Post
    Has anyone else swapped the clip over? I was surprised to see only 1-1/2 threads were in contact. The locktite was still wet on mine and I was a bit concerned I would strip the threads when trying to retightened the chain ring bolt. I also swapped my S30V clip over and don't recall the interface being so short. I think about 1/8" more threads on the male end of the chain ring bolt could make a world of difference. Has this changed since my Native (older) came out?
    I had that issue with my daughter's pink S30V Native. She's a lefty, so I had to swap the clip over, but the threads were not long enough to get a purchase from the other side. I contacted Spyderco about it, and they sent a replacement bolt, which worked.
    Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E)

Quote Originally Posted by xceptnl View Post
    I will get you some good ones tomorrow.
    Thank you sir, patiently awaiting drool fodder

Spyderco Forum Registered User adairjs's Avatar
    Mine arrived today. The back lock doesn't protrude like the one in the KnifeCenter's photos. I already had the black FRN in S30V, so this one was a bit of a luxury. Gotta say that I much prefer the unpainted pocket clip to the black one on the S30V, though. For anyone pondering their first Native purchase now, I'd note that, ergonomically speaking, I think it is a great model. It is the largest knife that I carry with any regularity. It is pretty unobtrusive in the pocket, yet quite sturdy feeling in the hand.

adairjs
    My Spydercos: (all plain edge)
    Jester (Gray G-10 & Black FRN), Manbug (Black Lightweight & British Racing Green ZDP-189), Dragonfly (Green G-10), Dragonfly2 (Black, Orange, Yellow H-1, British Racing Green ZDP-189), Pingo (Black & Orange), Squeak (Black), Delica4 (Black), Salt1 (Yellow), Manix2 (Blue FRCP), Native (Black FRN S30V & Brown FRN CTS-XHP), Zulu, Rock Lobster, Balance (Stainless), Calypso Jr (Gray FRN), Double Bevel, Lava (Blue G-10)

I might go pink also! Love the native!!!

Spyderco Forum Registered User dbcad's Avatar
    I ordered one yesterday, hopefully I'll recieve a shipping notice today, looking forward to checking this out
    Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"

Spyderco Forum Registered User dbcad's Avatar
    Shipping notice recieved today This will be my first Native. It will be quite fun to check out this CTS XHP ~stainless D2 steel. A refreshing change after much selling

My wife isn't mad at me at all either She knows I like knives
    Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"

Spyderco Forum Registered User DM11's Avatar
    This one came the other day. I really like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Hold Fast

David

Spyderco Forum Registered User Clip's Avatar
    Picking up slack during the holidays, here's a shot. I like this one, first Native LW for me. The brown looks good, had to touch up a little but the XHP performs as expected I already want to pick up another for a spare or Christmas gift.

Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly3, ZDP Caly Jr, Super Blue Caly3.5, M390 Para2, Cruwear MT12, Techno, XHP MT16, South Fork, Super Blue Caly3, Manix2 Ltwt, Yojimbo2, Salt I, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Forum Native5, Squeak, Manix 83mm, 440V Military, Gayle Bradley, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, Cruwear Military, VG10 Jester, Terzuola SlipIt, XHP Native Ltwt, Domino, CPM154/S90V Para2, Super Blue Stretch

Chris

It looks darker than the endurlicas, can anyone confirm this?

It looks darker than the endurlicas, can anyone confirm this?
    This is my first light weight Native and first CTS XHP, and yes, it's definitely darker and not quite as warm of a brown as the Endura and Delica. Here's a shot with my brown Delica:

MY SPYDIE LIST (on profile page)
    Want List, new stuff: 4V Mule; New Stretch prototype CF slab/ZDP test sprint! (or left over super blue if any happens to be lying around!)
    Old stuff: FG Millie D2

Quote Originally Posted by DougC-3 View Post
    This is my first light weight Native and first CTS XHP, and yes, it's definitely darker and not quite as warm of a brown as the Endura and Delica. Here's a shot with my brown Delica:

Sweet!

So the native is the dark chocolate to the delicas milk chocolate.
    Mmmmm...eats both...

Sweet!

So the native is the dark chocolate to the delicas milk chocolate.
    Mmmmm...eats both...
    I hadn't thought of the chocolate connection... maybe that's why I like these so much. Hmm, I think there's a bit of mocha in there too.
    MY SPYDIE LIST (on profile page)
    Want List, new stuff: 4V Mule; New Stretch prototype CF slab/ZDP test sprint! (or left over super blue if any happens to be lying around!)
    Old stuff: FG Millie D2

Spyderco Forum Registered User dgebler's Avatar
    Finally broke down and ordered one today. Should be here next week, excited to try XHP for the first time.

Spyderco Forum Registered User angusW's Avatar
    Never thought less about buying a knife than i did about this before ordering. Hope customs lets her through, ive been jonesing for a native to beat on lately, never trued xhp either, what a lil out of the blue treat!
    When did Canadian border service agents start confiscating knives coming into Canada? I've ordered a lot of knives outside of Canada. Some packages have been opened but none confiscated. If the CBSA are starting to confiscate then W&W and S&R will be the only place I'll be going for my knife addiction.

Mine came in yesterday. I've been wanting an frn model for a while now. Really like this one.
    Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies

I've never had a problem with customs confiscating a knife I've ordered from the US...I've ordered 8 Spyderco knives thus far from the US.
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam), Jester (Grey G10), Caly3/3.5 (CF ZDP-189/420J2), Domino (Blue weave)
    Ladybug (H1), Native FRN (Black S30V), Dragonfly Salt, Swick3, Techno, Military (CruWear)
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule Team (K390), Manix2 LW Black, Ulize, Chokwe
    Saver Salt, Lava (Blue G-10), 2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Titanium Damascus)

-> Branden

Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post
    The handle was only able to cut the hemp when 10,000 metric tons of force was applied

Angus, ive never had a problem with the few ive ordered from the states, but there have been instances ive heard about. Not a huge concern, i just like knocking on wood cause im a drummer