Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sage 1 Review...

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    The two main things that make these knives different are size and lock. Other than that, they are very similar. I can't say that it would be too redundant since I own both, and both are excellent. The Chap practically disappears in pocket compared to the Sage, but I like the easier operation of the liner lock on the Sage. If you like to keep a limited knife collection with a lot of vary different knives, then maybe you should get something else. If you're a fan of the Chap but want a little more blade/handle, then the Sage would be a good choice.

Spyderco Forum Registered User this_is_nascar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by remnar View Post
    The two main things that make these knives different are size and lock. Other than that, they are very similar. I can't say that it would be too redundant since I own both, and both are excellent. The Chap practically disappears in pocket compared to the Sage, but I like the easier operation of the liner lock on the Sage. If you like to keep a limited knife collection with a lot of vary different knives, then maybe you should get something else. If you're a fan of the Chap but want a little more blade/handle, then the Sage would be a good choice.

Thanks. I think I'm going to pull the trigger and get the Sage-1. I love the Chaparral and love a liner-lock over the back-lock, so I can only imagine that I will absolutely love the Sage-1.
    "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". --- Wayne LaPierre 12/21/2012

Spyderco Forum Registered User gbelleh's Avatar
    They're not redundant to me. Different lock, different size, different steel (now). But they share all the same Taichung quality.
    My New Gear Review YouTube Channel

Latest Spydies: Lum Tanto FB Sprint, Green CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule, 2013 Forum Native 5, Domino, Blue G-10 Lava, Cruwear Military, Swick 3, Jot Singh Khalsa sprint, Hungarian Folder, CF S90V Manix 2 XL, Fluted Ti Military, Fluted Ti Native 5, Nilakka, Brown XHP Native, Equilibrium, Street Bowie, Lil Matriarch, Cat