Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knives @ Work

Spyderco Forum Registered User Sharktooth's Avatar

Knives @ Work

Here are a few pics of the tasks I call on my knife to perform daily. Nothing too heavy-duty. Do you have any of your own to share? Please do!

C123CFBA || K04PBK || FB20FBK || C90BK || C28PYL2 || C90GRE || MT17 || C41GGR5 || C28POR2 || C11FPOR || C11SBK || C10PBK || C10FPBL || LBKP3 || C101G2 || C41G5 || C41BK || C81GCMO2 || C81G2 || 204 || 303MF || SP1 ||

Spyderco Forum Registered User razorsharp's Avatar

After work
    -Travis
    Come chat with us on IRC

Visit the knife picture site http://sharpthings.net/
    Super-steel Nut

To the sharpening junkies: SHOW THOSE EDGES!
    Spyderco Knives- Tuff- Southard- Resilience
    Others- Dalibor Sirius- Strider SnG DGG- Ozark Tradition DC Slicer- Curtiss Nano- Strider SMF Lego
    Inbound: Zero Tolerance 0777 - Zero Tolerance 0801cf - Benchmade 940-1

Spyderco Forum Registered User Peter1960's Avatar
    @razorsharp: What happened at your work?
    Peter - member of Spydiewiki.com group

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
    Spyderco's company motto

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar

Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    I see a trend in my uses. I need to get out ino the woods more.

My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP,S110V,Cruwear), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawk, D'fly (H1,G-10,SB), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V,XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleafs, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Kiwis, Caly (JR's,3,3.5), Para2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescues, Dyad Jr, Pingos, Southard, AIR, Jess Horns, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR, SPY-DK, Captain, Ti UKPK, Mules

*Landon*

Spyderco Forum Registered User Jazz's Avatar

- best wishes, Jazz.

Spyderco Forum Registered User 3rdGenRigger's Avatar
    I don't frequently have enough time while working to snap pictures, and when I do it's not normally of one of my knives. I should include this photo I took 370 feet up though, as you can see the handle of my Goddard OD in my tool pouch. I've also carried my Chaparral, Chokwe, Native FRN (It has fallen 275 feet closed onto gravel, and is literally completely fine still), and my Manix 2 LW at height. I've used my Schempp Tuff at work, but not on a day that I needed to climb.

Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), Ti Salsa

-> Branden

Spyderco Forum Registered User bengaiser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    [URL=http://s945.photobucket.com/user/billy-jazz/media/DSCF0302_zps3808ea8a.jpg.html]
    Lol, this is awesome!

What else are you gonna do with a worn out shoe?
    - best wishes, Jazz.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Sharktooth's Avatar
    [/QUOTE]

Thats a cool pic. I would imagine you have quite a tight grasp on that image capture device as its not likely to be as tough as a Native.
    C123CFBA || K04PBK || FB20FBK || C90BK || C28PYL2 || C90GRE || MT17 || C41GGR5 || C28POR2 || C11FPOR || C11SBK || C10PBK || C10FPBL || LBKP3 || C101G2 || C41G5 || C41BK || C81GCMO2 || C81G2 || 204 || 303MF || SP1 ||

iPhone 4 in an Otter Box (The larger style). The phone has fallen out of my lap twice as I was getting out of our older Western Star, and fallen roughly 8 or so feet onto concrete. Otter boxes work, though I don't think it would fare so well above about 10 or 15 feet lol.
    Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 (CruWear), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno, Spin (Blue Nishijin)
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear), Ti Salsa

-> Branden

Oh man, that pic gives me the willies still, 3GR.
    - best wishes, Jazz.

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Oh Lord! That tiny White thing down below is a double cab pick up??? I'm not very used to measure in feet but this is a big height.!!!

Thanks you for sharing.

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    poor shoes!

Quote Originally Posted by Titomake View Post
    Oh Lord! That tiny White thing down below is a double cab pick up??? I'm not very used to measure in feet but this is a big height.!!!

Thanks you for sharing.
    Chevy 2500HD crew cab long box. We have a small fleet of them. Here's a picture from lower height...the blue truck is my crew cab GMC Canyon (~270 feet instead of 360 like the previous photo). And one more at lower height yet (~100 feet). Chevy 3500 crew cab long box. Probably can't spot a knife in the photos, but I ALWAYS have a Spyderco ClipIt and keychain knife whenever I leave the house, and especially at work. I almost did a tailstand with my Chokwe at the top of a tower for a photo, but it was too windy and I was worried about it falling.

-> Branden

The lower height doesn't help, Branden, yet can't stop looking at the bloody pics.
    - best wishes, Jazz.

It can be a lot of fun if the weather's nice. If it's -25 or 30 celcius, and you're 300 feet up where it's MUCH colder due to wind, it can get pretty miserable. You do get to see some good views though...and iff those pictures make you queasy, these taken showing work out on the end of the "pinwheel" where the antennas are mounted should cause you to woof your cookies. I've been running crane more than climbing lately (I have kind of a knack for operating machinery of all sorts...when we have the manbasket attached everyone wants me running it). It's amazing how flexible steel can be...some 100' self support towers I've been up on windy days have swayed feet side to side (The bigger towers with guy wire supports are typically a lot more stable). Here's the promised gratuitous photos...I'll keep them showing a knife actually doing work from this point because I'm probably getting carried away. To be fair though...all of my knives cut more than their fair share of the heavy UV rated TyRaps, truck straps, rope slings, boxes, etc.

-> Branden

Don't know how you do it, but good for you. Funny, I love flying in small planes, but somehow this is a lot different. I'll bet the views are awesome, though. Cool pics.
    - best wishes, Jazz.

I do it sort of on a weekend as needed basis right now because I've been going to school...I'm quite allergic to everything outside and I want a career with more advancement potential. I graduated last April with a technology diploma, Exploration Information Technology, and currently I'm taking a Bachelor of Applied Technology in Geographic Information Systems. It means pictures at height are fewer and farther between, but I still get some. And small planes are awesome. I built a small fabric covered hanger with help from one of my cousins for one of my uncles to store his Beechcraft Bonanza (It's a V tail model...'74 I think). He used to have a Beechcraft Sierra, but it had less power and quite lower cruising speed...the Bonanza is fast. I built the whole hangar (LOTS of rope cutting) using my Chaparral to do every bit of cutting. My younger cousin used his black FRN Stretch that he's had for ages.

-> Branden

Nice plane, too.
    - best wishes, Jazz.