Thread: My Gen 2 Police SS (EDC) 2001

Spyderco Forum Registered User _shlee_'s Avatar

My Gen 2 Police SS (EDC) 2001

Over the years my EDC has been used for everything under the sun. I thought it might be nice to start the new year off with a tear down. Clean, Scotch Brite, polish & Oil along with a few other extras. There were a few cuts and gashes in the steel I couldnt completely remove, but for 13 years old, not too bad! Heres my girl...

Spyderco Forum Registered User earthman's Avatar
    That's come up looking well, good job.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    That's one of my all time favorite Spydies, and I don't even own one. I love how brushed finishes can be brought back to new like that. It's a shame you can't do the blade that easily.

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Spyderco Forum Registered User WireEdge Roger's Avatar
    That's pretty cool! Thanks for the pics.

Spyderco Forum Registered User xceptnl's Avatar
    Nice looking refinish
    My 's:
    Native, Manix 2 (BD1,154CM,S30V,M4,XHP), Delica 4 (White,Red,Brown,Blue,BRG,G-10), Spyderhawks, D'fly (H1,G-10), Police3, Volpe, Military (S30V[2],XHP,D2,M390,BG42,440V,Cruwear), Superleaf, Forager, D2 Para, Kopas, Caly (JR's,3,3.5-SB), D3, Para-2 (XHP,204P), Stretch (SS,FRN's,CF), Rescue, Dyad Jr, Pingo, Southard, AIR, Jess Horn, Forum N5, Lil Matriarch, Barong, Superhawk, Chinook II, ATR
    Mules> MT05,08,09,12,15,16,17, 18

*Landon*

Thanks guys!! Sorry for the cell phone pictures, but it's actually a nice little project. Looking forward to cleaning up a few other others I have.

Spyderco Forum Registered User FLIP4real's Avatar
    I dig that clip lanyard. I hadnt seen that before. Nice clean up as well! Looks almost new but just a touch of character. Police isnt on my list but it sure is iconic and a helluva knife visually

Quote Originally Posted by FLIP4real View Post
    I dig that clip lanyard. I hadnt seen that before. Nice clean up as well! Looks almost new but just a touch of character. Police isnt on my list but it sure is iconic and a helluva knife visually
    Thanks, yea im good friends with the guy who made this. He made it for me for Christmas. Lol awesome guy. If your interested let me know. Not trying to spam or anything just a big fan of his work. This is a custom piece and very classy. If you tell him you saw this on the spyderco forums I'm sure he will hook you up. Im trying to get him to make more of these. Hopefully people think it's cool. I think it's cool as hell, like to get some more out there.

His name is Justin. Here's the link: http://tildeath925.com

The post of the "clip fob" - http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showt...erling-Silver)
    Last edited by _shlee_; 01-09-2014 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Add link to alternate thread

Spyderco Forum Registered User FLIP4real's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by _shlee_ View Post
    Thanks, yea im good friends with the guy who made this. He made it for me for Christmas. Lol awesome guy. If your interested let me know. Not trying to spam or anything just a big fan of his work. This is a custom piece and very classy. If you tell him you saw this on the spyderco forums I'm sure he will hook you up. Im trying to get him to make more of these. Hopefully people think it's cool. I think it's cool as hell, like to get some more out there.

His name is Justin. Here's the link: http://tildeath925.com

The post of the "clip fob" - http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showt...erling-Silver)

Thanks. I will keep it in mind should I end up with something that lacks a lanyard hole.