Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2014 Catalog Discussion

Spyderco Forum Registered User jabba359's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderNut View Post
    That's a good question, IG. I'm guessing that the production goals on other models may have temporarily pushed the Friction Folder to the back burner. I've often wondered that too about other models, such as the Pygmy Warrior and Autonomy.
    Wonder no more about the Pygmy Warrior! If you check out Sal's Casual Bombshell thread, it seems that the Pygmy is due to ship before the end of this year.
    -Kyle

On the Fence: Tuff, Techno
    Latest arrivals: Super Blue Delica, G-10 BlackHawk, S110V Mule

Spyderco Forum Registered User rwasham's Avatar
    We've already seen it in a couple places, but I'm still pumped for the Karahawk!
    Getting my on!!!!

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    That Super Blue Dragonfly is awesome.
    I've loved the DF for a while but the colour of that grey-blue (#8C92AC I guess ? ) handle is just fantastic.
    I have a kitchen knife in SB. If it cuts as well as that, it'll be plain amazing.

Spyderco Forum Registered User IG-88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderNut View Post
    That's a good question, IG. I'm guessing that the production goals on other models may have temporarily pushed the Friction Folder to the back burner. I've often wondered that too about other models, such as the Pygmy Warrior and Autonomy.
    Yeps but htose where not displayed in the catalogue. The Friction Folde on the otherhand was... I spook to Filip De Leeuw (Deviant) in the mean time and it seems there are some production issues. Its too hard to put the mosaic pins in by machine and now it looks like the production would be more expensive then the custom knife which is not hte right way to do it. So they are working out the issues and the Friction is indeed postponed until further notice On the otherhand Filip is working with Spyderco on wicked looking framelock prototype... maybe there will be a Belgian Spyderco model afterall
    Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE

Spyderco Forum Registered User gull wing's Avatar
    KIWI 4, Looks like a MOKI made knife, if so I'm in. I think I see pinned construction, except for the pivot, as in the Caly series. great knives MOKI.
    Waiting for....Calypso Jr.,

SCARAMOUCHE!

Spyderco Forum Registered User D1omedes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gull wing View Post
    KIWI 4, Looks like a MOKI made knife, if so I'm in. I think I see pinned construction, except for the pivot, as in the Caly series. great knives MOKI.
    I was hoping the Kiwi 4 was Moki-made as well but it looks like it will be made by Seki. I'm sure they can match the f&f we are used to with the Caly series.

Spyderco Forum Registered User aquaman67's Avatar
    I was going to make a New Years resolution not to buy any more knives in 2014. Why bother?

I'm getting a Manix 2 FFG with a combo blade. I know combos aren't that popular with most but I find them very useful and prefer them to plain blades.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Doc Dan's Avatar
    I definitely am interested in the Kiwi4 and the SPY-DK. I wish I had had the SPY-DK with me on my recent trip!
    NRA Life Member

Until we meet again, may the good Lord take a liking to you.
    (Roy Rogers)

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman67 View Post
    I was going to make a New Years resolution not to buy any more knives in 2014. Why bother?

I'm getting a Manix 2 FFG with a combo blade. I know combos aren't that popular with most but I find them very useful and prefer them to plain blades.
    Another one bitten by the most deadly spyder on earth!

Just wish I could get a catalog.