Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Catalog Discussion

Spyderco Forum Registered User 3rdGenRigger's Avatar
    I'll carry the Stretch I have preordered more if it's laminated, simply because of the extra corrosion resistance, and I like the appearance of the 2 metals wearing differently. I'm super stoked about it...enough so that I may just have to pair it with a Dragonfly to directly compare it to my ZDP-189 Dragonfly.
    Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 LW (BD1), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear)

-> Branden

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    Very excited for the worker, tusk, and i still need to get a domino!! Not a good year to be in school

Spyderco Forum Registered User araneae's Avatar
    Quite a few surprises this year. I ogled the Tusk at Blade... It is sweet. I don't have any reason to own one, but what a great design and display of engineering. Sage 3 is looking good in its new pants! I need a SpyDK like yesterday. It looks like a half sibling to a Caly Jr. The Roc looks interesting. The Kiwi4 was one of my favorites at Blade and will definitely be on my wish list. The Finch 2 is also on that list. The Worker looks great in green. The SpyDK is definitely my favorite surprise this catalog.

I don't think I've ever had a more negative reaction to a Spydie handle than the Draper. Slap some G-10 on that knife and I would find it appealing, as is no thanks.
    So many knives, so few pockets...
    -Nick
    Light Modding and Wharnifying when time permits

Just got: Superblue D'fly

The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal

Spyderco Forum Registered User yablanowitz's Avatar
    Yeah, the SpyDK looks pretty sweet. I don't have any reason to own the Tusk either, but then I don't have any reason to own most of the hundreds of knives I have. Even though I'm not a fan of titanium handles or RILs, I'll probably have to have one if I can swing it. I'll have to get another Sage 3 as well, but luckily not much else really floats my boat.
    I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.

Spyderco Forum Registered User robot37's Avatar
    Yeah!!
    I'm stupid-excited for the new ffg manix2.
    It's about time. I predict that they will fly off the shelves and stores will have a hard time keeping them in stock, much like they did with the paramilitary2.

It's almost like Sal decided one day to just start printing money.

-nate

Spyderco Forum Registered User Holland's Avatar
    ill definitely be getting the bottle opener key chain knife, a SB stretch, and quite possibly the worker. g10 and vg10 was not my ideal combination when asking for this sprint
    Phil Wilson Smoke Creek s110v, SouthFork, Gayle Bradley, Chaparral 1, Chaparral 2, Native 5, Para2, Para1 SE, Caly 3, Dragonfly 2, Dragonfly 2, Delica 4, Ladybug 3

-Spencer

nothing really new that I need. Would have been all over a SB Dfly if it were fully SB. My wallet is happy though

Spyderco Forum Registered User 3rdGenRigger's Avatar
    I can open a bottle using the spine of most of my Spyderco knives, typically right where the thumb hole is. I haven't done it with my Ladybug or Jester, and they're quite small and as such might not have the leverage. I also haven't tried it with my Swick, Goddard, or my Dragonfly, though I have no doubts they'll be up to the challenge. It'll happen eventually. I don't need a separate bottle opener on the knife.
    Last edited by 3rdGenRigger; 11-21-2013 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Typo
    Ladybug (Salt/SuperBlue/White SE), Native (FRN), Dragonfly (Salt/Orange/SuperBlue/G10), Lava (Blue), Ulize, Byrdwrench
    Para-Military 2 (Digi-Cam/Green), Jester (Grey), Caly3/3.5 (CF), Domino (Blue), Stretch (SuperBlue), Spyderwrench
    Schempp Tuff, Goddard OD, Mule (K390), Manix2 LW (BD1), Sage 3 (CF), Vallotton, Techno
    2013 Forum Native, Delica 4 (Damascus), Chokwe, Swick 3, Battlestation, Military (CruWear)

-> Branden

Spyderco Forum Registered User Buendia518's Avatar
    I'm saving myself for the hard copy

Spyderco Forum Registered User Popsickle's Avatar
    I really like the roc

Spyderco Forum Registered User Buendia518's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdGenRigger View Post
    I can open a bottle using the spine of most of my Spyderco knives, typically right where the thumb hole is. I haven't done it with my Ladybug or Jester, and they're quite small and as such might not have the leverage. I also haven't tried it with my Swick, Goddard, or my Dragonfly, though I have no doubts they'll be up to the challenge. It'll happen eventually. I don't need a separate bottle opener on the knife.
    I can vouch for that

Spyderco Forum Registered User M80's Avatar
    The ones on my list to get are the Tusk, Double Bevel, Roc, Kiwi4 and the Worker and maybe the Battle Station oh and one of each clipitools

Spyderco Forum Registered User jul's Avatar
    the Double Bevel w/o the double bevel would be awesome! regrind? anyone?

Spyderco Forum Registered User demoncase's Avatar
    The Battlestation is really tickling my fancy out of all of the new shiny things in 2014. Just so different in style and shape.

The Hungarian folder is also-strangely- appealing too me also- it's (to my eyes) like the classic Opinel/Laguiole style mashed up with the classic Spyderco style....Me likey

The Clipitools look like fun- the only one I'd open my wallet for would be the one with the scissors I think. Add some slots in the handle for tweezers and a toothpick and the whole package becomes a real competitor to a certain 'brand' of pocket knife that hails from the land of Toblerone, anoymous banking and cuckoo clocks.

The Double Bevel doesn't really float my boat- The blade seems very busy compared to the rather plain handle.
    Then again I said similar (the opposite in fact) about the Valloton and I ended up buying one of those (and not regretting it either)
    Last edited by demoncase; 11-21-2013 at 03:11 AM. Reason: clarification and expansion
    Nothing in his pockets except knives and lint....

Quote Originally Posted by robot37 View Post
    I'm stupid-excited for the new ffg manix2.
    me too especially for black coated blade version
    My 's: Military Camo, Paramilitary 2 CTS-XHP Orange, Paramilitary 2 CTS-204P Green, Endura 4 ZDP-189 ComboEdge BRG, Endura 4 ZDP-189 FFG BRG, Manix 2 Lightweight Blue, Caly 3 G-10, Salt 1 Yellow, Ulize, Manix I C95, Manix 2 XL S90v CF, Delica 4 ComboEdge Black C11PCBBK

Spyderco Forum Registered User polyhexamethyl's Avatar
    ffg manix2 in dlc
    sb dragonfly
    worker
    the clip it tool including the scissors
    so far, but i just took a short look at the catalog
    aogami super blue dragonfly!

Quote Originally Posted by Alnamvet68 View Post
    I have my eye on the re-introduced Worker in VG10 and green G10. That folding pocket meat cleaver, the ROC, has also gotten my attention.
    I'm with you on both of those

Roc, FFG Manix 2, aside from that not much else of interest. That usually changes as I get more info and pictures.

At least my backlog of wanted knives will keep me going for the forseeable future.

Spyderco Forum Registered User IG-88's Avatar
    Did I miss something but the Friction Folder was not in the Disco list and I can't find it anymore in the catalogue? Or am I becoming blind? Or did I miss the release somehow?
    Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE

The Tusk is definitely unique! As a former sailor I absolutely have to have one! That marlin spike gets knots out of rope that otherwise you would have to cut!