Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2014 Catalogs Available for Download Now!

Spyderco Forum Registered User black's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioactiveSpyder View Post
    Don't think the CF S110V is an exclusive...

As for that awesome Worker sprint, do you guys think the "green" is a Forest green a la the 2013 forum Native, 204P PM2 and Stags Arm M2 sprint or something in between the forest and foliage shades?
    I think they keep it simple and order the same green stuff. Why complicate things by saying "Let's do a different shade of green this time". But since this is not made in the US unlike the models you mentioned I wouldn't count on that.

Spyderco Forum Registered User JNewell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheddarnut View Post
    Black, i dont believe dealer exclusives appear in the catalogue, and i believe the cf 110v native is a dealer exclusive.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioactiveSpyder View Post
    Don't think the CF S110V is an exclusive...

As for that awesome Worker sprint, do you guys think the "green" is a Forest green a la the 2013 forum Native, 204P PM2 and Stags Arm M2 sprint or something in between the forest and foliage shades?
    It's not, and it's not...and it's not the first time...

Spyderco Forum Registered User captnvegtble's Avatar
    Did anybody notice the 18K gold sprint Spyderco bead/lanyard?

Spyderco Forum Registered User SpyderNut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by captnvegtble View Post
    Did anybody notice the 18K gold sprint Spyderco bead/lanyard?
    Yep. Certainly a nice touch of class for the ol' lanyard.
    Michael

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Spyderco Forum Registered User phillipsted's Avatar
    Also not appearing in the catalog is the fluted CF Para2 sprint. I wonder if this means that production has been delayed further, or whether it was entirely too "sexy" to include in the catalog? Hmmmmm.

TedP

Spyderco Forum Registered User nccole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipsted View Post
    Also not appearing in the catalog is the fluted CF Para2 sprint. I wonder if this means that production has been delayed further, or whether it was entirely too "sexy" to include in the catalog? Hmmmmm.

TedP
    Mid-year catalog...

Spyderco Forum Registered User Syncharmony's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipsted View Post

TedP
    I hope this becomes reality and is not just a rumor because I reeeeeeeally like the sound of a fluted CF PM2.

Spyderco Forum Registered User JNewell's Avatar
    I think a fair number of sprints don't ever make it into the catlogs/supplements, so I'm not going to read any discouraging smoke signals here.

Spyderco Forum Registered User christopher's Avatar
    Thank you Kristi.
    Chris

Spyderco Forum Registered User phillipsted's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Syncharmony View Post
    I hope this becomes reality and is not just a rumor because I reeeeeeeally like the sound of a fluted CF PM2.
    Quote Originally Posted by JNewell View Post
    I think a fair number of sprints don't ever make it into the catlogs/supplements, so I'm not going to read any discouraging smoke signals here.
    I agree, JNewell. They just probably don't have the release date firmed up yet.

But it appears to be real. I handled a prototype at the Blade Show this spring. Eric said that he was not happy with the thickness of the scales on the prototype and wanted to thin them down before the release. As I recall, the prototype was similar in contour to the Millie fluted Ti scales - but made from CF, of course. I can't describe exactly how it felt in hand... but it was among the most comfortable handles I've ever experienced. The CF was warm and tactile with just the right amount of grip, but it didn't feel like it would rip your pockets up like a lot of textured G10. Great stuff - like I said: Drop-dead sexy.

I'm anxious to see what kind of steel they are including in this package. Would it be too much to hope for M4?

TedP

Spyderco Forum Registered User feuerfreiguy's Avatar
    Thanks for the heads up. My wallet is gonna be a whole lot lighter after reading this.

Spyderco Forum Registered User adairjs's Avatar
    The Knife Center already has some of the new models listed for pre-order. I ordered the Spy-DK and the Clipitool with the bottle opener. I thought the list prices on them were quite reasonable, and the KC discounted prices very nice, indeed. The Firefly, however, costs more than I would ever allow myself to spend on a single knife. Not sayin' it isn't worth it, though...

adairjs
    My Spydercos: (all plain edge)
    Jester (Gray G-10 & Black FRN), Manbug (Black Lightweight & British Racing Green ZDP-189), Dragonfly (Green G-10), Dragonfly2 (Black, Orange, Yellow H-1, British Racing Green ZDP-189), Pingo (Black & Orange), Squeak (Black), Delica4 (Black), Salt1 (Yellow), Manix2 (Blue FRCP), Native (Black FRN S30V & Brown FRN CTS-XHP), Zulu, Rock Lobster, Balance (Stainless), Calypso Jr (Gray FRN), Double Bevel, Lava (Blue G-10)

Spyderco Forum Registered User MCM's Avatar
    Tusk looks great! Curious why such a small blade though?

Autonomy, H1 auto = instant winner!

More S90v & CF please.......