Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Catalogs Available for Download Now!

Spyderco Forum Registered User WireEdge Roger's Avatar
    Wow! I want- Tusk, Tatanka, Orange SPY-DK, SB Ladybug, SB Manbug, SB Dragonfly, SB Stretch, and Worker Sprint (I like the dark green G-10 a lot)

Spyderco Forum Registered User Jazz's Avatar
    Tusk! Worker! Kiwi!
    - best wishes, Jazz.

Spyderco Forum Registered User Splice's Avatar
    Very slick, very professional, and most importantly a very exciting catalog. Tell whoever designs it that they did a rock solid job!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    WAIT...Wait..wait wait wait wait wait.

Can I get some confirmation on the FFG Manix 2? If that's for real then holy smokes am I gonna be happy.

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

Spyderco Forum Registered User vaisforlovers's Avatar
    My "want" list was relatively short until today. The Spy-DK and Kiwi4 are now at the top of the list.

The Spy-DK looks like 3/4 scale clay 3.5. (or a 2.69" UKPK as advertised) AWESOME! Probably my most desired of the catalog!

I'm interested to see the price point on the Tusk. If it is reasonable, I'd love the utility of a Marlinspike when tinkering with lanyards.
    The Roc also has peaked my interest.
    I really like the aesthetics of the Tatanka, but there is no way I can wield a 5"+ blade. I thought my Calypso was big

Finally, price dependent, I may have to get a Firefly. This year seems to be a Large knife AFI's dream, but still it has some good looking smaller debuts like the Firefly!

As always, I wonder what they are going to come up with next to pull at the wallet, and they've done it again. Time to start saving for 2014.
    "The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stewart Mill

Spyderco Forum Registered User Evil D's Avatar
    Also on the Szabo, what's this about "non-reflective black TiCN blade"? No more DLC?

SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
    ~David

Official plea to Sal: Can we PLEASE get a DLC Yojimbo 2? PLEASE!!?

I believe DLC is for Golden models only, those made elsewhere get TiCN

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    I picked the wrong year to go back to being a poor college student!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Syncharmony's Avatar
    Seen it before, but I'm really digging the stepped titanium on the Chap 3.

The Tusk looks awesome and having two types of locks on it is just extra cool.

Not sure I'm digging the mall ninja aesthetics of the battle station. However, I do like the pseudo-razor/cleaver design of the Roc.

I don't think I'd buy one, but I just want to play with a Tatanka for fun. 9.5 oz is a hefty beast!

The clip-it tools are interesting, but I'm wondering about the decision for stainless steel. If it was FRN and weighed around what a lady/manbug weighed, that would make for a great keychain multitool.

All in all though, the Superblue Dragonfly is what tickles my pickle the most.

Also, when are we getting a wooden Military kit?

Spyderco Forum Registered User SpyderNut's Avatar
    Many thanks, Kristi! I now have my *official* Christmas list!
    Michael

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Spyderco Forum Registered User michaelm466's Avatar
    anybody have any info on the Tusk's steel? LC200N? I'm guessing by the fact that it has nitrogen and the model its on it will be similar to H1.
    Southfork, Mule Team K390, Military CPM-M4/Ti, Military CTS-XHP, Military CF/M390, Para-Military 2 CPM-S90V, Para-Military 2 CTS-20CP, Para-Military 2 CTS-204P, Para-Military 2 M390, Para-Military 2 CTS-XHP, Para-Military 2 CPM-S35VN, Manix 2 XL, Manix 2 CPM-S30V/Blue G10, Manix 2 CTS-BD30P, Manix 2 CTS-XHP, Manix 2 CPM-M4, Southard, Gayle Bradley, Superhawk, Forum Native CPM-S110V, Endura Super Blue, Pacific Salt, Ladybug Hawkbill H1, Ladybug ZDP-189, Bug

I thought I remembered Sal saying H-1 wouldn't work well in a liner lock format. Since the Tusk is a Framelock, I wonder if this steel is a little harder or less prone to galling.

Spyderco Forum Registered User SpyderNut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelm466 View Post
    anybody have any info on the Tusk's steel? LC200N? I'm guessing by the fact that it has nitrogen and the model its on it will be similar to H1.
    Here's what I've found so far:

"LC 200 N is a high nitrogen alloyed tool steel which exhibits superior corrosion resistance combined with high toughness even at hardness up to 60 HRc. Combining PESR-Process (Pressurized Electric Slag Remelting) with a smart forging technology, an amazing increase in cleanliness and structure, which means a very fine and homogenious microstructure, can be achieved. Primary advantage is excellent machinability and polishability as well as a high dimensional stability after heat treatment. For this reason LC 200 N is the high end solution for tools facing high static and dynamical load under a high corrosive environment at higher temperatures. Compared to standard tool steels like 1.2316, 1.4112 and 1.4125 LC 200 N exhibits higher corrosion resistance and toughness as well as a higher tempering resistance up to 500 C still at a hardness of 58-60 HRc."

Source:
    http://www.zappnews.com/images/pdfs/LC200NData.pdf
    Michael

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Spyderco Forum Registered User Liquid Cobra's Avatar
    So I'm flipping through the guide, nice knives...some classic favourites and then BAM! Page 30!!! I was not prepared for so much awesomeness at once. The Roc will be mine, oh yes. It will be mine heh heh.
    Para-Military 2 satin camo, P'kal, Matriarch 2, Squeak, Endura 4, Delica 4, Jason Breeden Rescue, Orange Dodo, Dragonfly 2, Yojimbo 2, Manix 2 DLC Black, UKPK, Ulize, Lum Tanto Folder Grey, Caly 3.5, Swick 3, Bug, Grey G10 Jester, Military CPM Cru-Wear, Karahawk, Ladybug, Caly 3 Super Blue, Bradley Folder, Starmate, Ladybug Super Blue, Urban, Para-Military 2 CPM 154/S90V, Caly 3.5 Super Blue, Para-Military 2 CTS-204P

Bring back the A.T.R!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Blerv's Avatar
    First up for me is the PE Ladybug Salt Hawkbill . Then...the rest and poverty. Lol
    Blake

Listing of Blade-Length Laws by State/County (Not My Website)
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USKnife.pdf

Spyderco Forum Registered User LC Kid's Avatar

Cool Amazing!

Hi Folks!

Spyderco 2014 Catalogs are simply overwhelming!

This has to be one of the most new models catalog ever.

Kiwi 4, D'Fly Super Blue, Green G10 Worker, Black Southard, Wow!

But the ROC well, it simply rocks!
    Stay Sharp!

Spyderco Forum Registered User Pockets's Avatar
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tatanka Firefly Tusk Manix 2 FFG MIND BLOWN!

Can you tell I'm excited?
    Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5

Spyderco Forum Registered User markg's Avatar
    On my iPad. Don't see an option to download the catalog only ordering one!?!?

Spyderco Forum Registered User
    ROC, Double Bevel, New Szabo (already in hand),Tatanka, a new version Sage 3 CF?? Brad Southard Folder Black Blaade, Serrata.
    Was hoping to see the new FRCP Native % Lightweight.

All of the New VG-10 (Japan) might free up the Golden Production.
    Last edited by CXXX; 11-20-2013 at 08:40 PM.

Spyderco Forum Registered User RadioactiveSpyder's Avatar
    Thank you Spyderco, 2014 certainly looks like a great year ahead!!! Had to read the new catalog in short stretches

Expecting the wallet to be blown too...
    It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. Stephen King